NBA 2019-20 Season | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NBA 2019-20 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Oct 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Different rules, different skills sets. More physicality back then, so you needed to be physical offensively to create space. These days you can be completely evasive, run around screens and shoot 3’s. 3’s mess up stats because it makes a player look more skilled than he actually is on paper.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    80s/90s are for sure better than today's game. Guys today are too soft. KD would get his ass literally beat on the court. He couldn't even do 1 rep on the bench at 225 during draft workouts and I doubt he's done any strength training since. Heck, the dude has a crazy amount of injuries and he doesn't get contacted much if at all in today's rules. He wouldn't last against the Pistons. Jordan had to learn the hard way to understand that and pick up strength training. Lebron would fair the best going against those guys. Curry would not last either for similar reasons to KD. His running up the court and shooting 3s before people could get on defense would be cut short quickly by a few hard fouls. Too many players today focus on 3s and not the actual game which is more than that.

ag512bbi likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    What the hell is going with the NBA? I'm so confused.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

This season is worth nothing, should have been cancelled. Already know they are going to do all they can to let Queen janes win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I think kawaii might have something to say about who wins.

I don't get people treating sports as anything other than entertainment. who cares if it records in shortened seasons will 'count' the same as regular seasons. there are enough serious things in this world that 'count'. who cares if sports do. all I know is I can turn on tv and watch a live diversion. good enough for me so bring on mlb and nba

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Thats because LeFraud James likes to make a case for himself as the GOAT and he already has one title in a shorten season. This makes no sense this season.
    Whats the point about it anwyays ? No homecourt advantage ? No Fans ? Players who probably are out of sync, out of shape ater 3 months of doing nothing ?
    Will i watch it, well , since there is nothing else to do i might, but it should not count as a same thing as normal season. In my eyes it will not... 3 months off ... Crazy

7. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Remember Jordan's famous flu game? We once praised an athlete for playing with the flu, today we have athletes scared to play bc they might get the virus.....bring back the men already.

greg328 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    who cares lebrons legacy is what 3-6 in the finals? lol MJ was 6-0 in the finals, best of all time doesn't lose 6x when it counts.

ebobh15 likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree but Bron and his friends : nick Wright, Rachel Nichols, dorris Burke, Kendrick Perkins, Shannon Sharpe love to revisit history ;)

ShineKen, TexasF355F1 and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  10. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    lol @ LeFraud. I call him LeBroom because his ass got swept in his first Finals appearance.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen!

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I've still got a ticket purchased ages ago for Rockets to take it all. $300 to win $3300. Should I keep it or refund it lol?

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I'd keep it...it's only $300. If the playoffs get cancelled you'll probably get the money back anyway.

ShineKen likes this.
  14. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
  15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    So Russell Westbrick decides to get corona virus. Looks like I'll be turning in my ticket for a refund shortly lol.

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Now James Harden too? Oh yeah im
    Definitely getting my refund.

17. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    Agree, and also agree Jordan's feats are legendary. I go back to Bill Russell, though, as the best team player, and in my mind the greatest - he won two NCAA national championships at USF; John Wooden said he was the best defensive center he's ever seen. As a player, he won 7 NBA championships in a row, and 8 out of 9. As a player coach (first black coach of any major pro sport), he won two more championships.

He averaged more than 22 rebounds per game for his career, more than 24 a game in playoff games. Except for his first year in the NBA, he also had a free throw percentage above .500, as high as .726, for the remainder of his career. I was a long-time Laker fan, and hated the Celtics as far as the day is long. In spite of that, I never hated Russell; he was just that good.

Kind of like Jordan, Bird and Magic later on, you can't define it, but you know it when you see it.

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    No refunds unless games are cancelled. Im
    stuck. Dammit.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Ud have to take Kareem if u go this way back. He faced real competition.
    The 60’s were another era. Great athletes in their own rights and you play the competition infront of you; however if you watch a 60-70’s game it’s clear the guys couldn’t shoot or dribble like the modern era 80’s till now can.

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    MJ’s the GOAT. I thought this was already set in stone.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Of course he is but if u are going to take the most accomplished guy of all time at all levels then Kareem has a better resume than Bill Russell

22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The regular season officially restarted tonight. Two great games. Glad to have it back!

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep Lebron and Lakers lucky tonight. Clips were missing a lot of guys and only lost by 2. Leblame James came through in the end but if they had Trez and Lou that was a L. Gonna have to play better than 6/19 for this fake goat:)

25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Anyone have thoughts on bubble basketball?