Personal Thanks | FerrariChat

Personal Thanks

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by christc, Jul 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    I would like to state a big thank you to the community here. I am not a fan (and therfore not at all a follower) of forums here in Germany and I only do daily check on two sites - Fchat and Tom Yang. I am only in the position to own the cars I have because I do (and I love it) all the work on my cars myself. The enthusiasm of the people here and the knowledge can not be found elsewhere. But the best thing is that in addition you as contributors are willing to share knowledge and do not keep it secret as so often can be seen. In addition you treat those with less knowledge with respect. For me it is a pleasure to learn here and I would like to pay respect for all of you with tons of experience and being willing to share it. Without you I would struggle more, have less fun and I am proud to learn from folks like Dyke, Kerry, Romano, Tom, Timo, ........,...., I could not mention all. Please excuse that.
    And yes, I will cross post on both sites as both are reaching out to people with the same mindset and love of things mechanical.

Thanks
    Christopher

Ak Jim, JimEakin, amerikalei and 15 others like this.
  2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Wow, What a great thread. I agree with all of the above. I thank everyone also. So much knowledge her on F-Chat. I made some very good people here. Some have become close friends. Would have never had them if it wasn't for F-Chat.

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    really right, very much knowledge. but nevertheless I think the most knowldege is concentrated in the boxer/TR/M section?

4. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Very nice of you to take the time to post. I, too, learn something new every day.. The knowledge that some have is just astonishing to me. I try to visit every day, although I am using what little time I have left, at age 95, to write a book. Just what we need is another Ferrari book, right? Oh well.

quailgun, colombo2cam, -CD- and 7 others like this.
  5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    A very UNIQUE Ferrari book Ed, wonderful news, remember we spoke about this the only time we met, April 2013 at that dinner on Sunset (west Hollywood). Very happy that you took the plunge it will be your magic potion.
    Enjoy the reminiscing and writing, I am here if you need methodology advice or a publisher.

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Ed, after reading of your experiences and wonderful cars you owned here on fchat I think we all look forward to your book. Some people like you or the late Kirk F. White have so much to tell!

Texas Forever and Nembo1777 like this.
  7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    There is excellent knowledge in many sections the key is not to compete about knowledge but to share passion.

turbo-joe likes this.
  8. GBTR6

GBTR6 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2011
    Titletown, USA
    Full Name:
    Perry Rondou
    Ed,

I only come here to see and hear about the great cars, and people, and their stories. You say just another Ferrari book, but it is more than that as you contribute the depth of the story on the cars you have owned, the people you've met in those years. And we are grateful to have you impart that to us. Storytelling is where it's at, and you are a master. It will be a great book.

Thank you,
    Perry

9. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Please put me down for a signed copy! And a few more copies to give as gifts. We are looking forward to hearing your stories and adventures.

colombo2cam, turbo-joe, wax and 3 others like this.
  10. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    As I've often said, my book will have about 5 buyers. You guys just proved me right! (Smile) Thanks for the kind words.

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Make it 6! ;)

And to Christopher, who started this thread - Thank You.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    make 7 please ;)

13. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Make it eight please!

14. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    make it 9 --- one more and you have doubled your expected sales volume !!!!!!!!!!!

15. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    40 chapters done; more or less. Blah,blah, blah!

Nembo1777 and colombo2cam like this.
  16. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Dear Ed,

so when can we expect to hide for a week reading it? Just putting up the presure... ;-)

Thanks
    Christopher

17. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Thanks, but I don't need pressure. What I need is fingers that don't shake... I spend half my time correcting typos!

18. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Ed,

Maybe I can help with the typo issues. Can I send you my personal secretary? The only requirement is that you send her back!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Man, that's a lot of dropped pens, pencils, paper clips, coffee cups . . .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SCantera and turbo-joe like this.