430 - Complete brake system | FerrariChat

430 Complete brake system

Discussion in '360/430' started by ahmadj, Jul 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ahmadj

ahmadj Rookie

Jan 12, 2012
    So I yanked myf430 hand brake one day really hard. (idiot)
    So i snapped the cable and cracked a rotor in the rear.

After finally getting the car into my shop and doing the fluids i decided to attack my brakes

I need front rotors
    I need rear rotors
    front pads
    rear pads
    parking brake pads
    and the parking brake hardware.

Does anybody recommend any a/m parts or should I stick to oem.
    the following parts are the ones I need.
    213484 (4 of them)

my cost thru wholesale is around 2100.

What are your recommendations?
    Ahmad

2. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I needed to replace everything after 2 track days at the Ferrari Club Nat'l meet in Daytona a few years back. I decided to go with the Brembo Big Brake Kit. I can't quantify the performance improvement, but it's a step up from the OEM hardware which I always thought looked anemic unless you had the CCM brakes which I also researched, but decided against for multiple reasons. I looked at other a/m products but wasn't comfortable with anything on offer then.

The price of admission is a little high at ~ $10k installed, but they look fantastic on the 430, like that's what should have been there in the first place. I had planned to hit the track again, but that probably won't happen but no regrets on the upgrade.

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would love to find a set of those Brembo big brake kits for the 360 with the stock starfish wheels. Comptech put together a Brembo mini big brake kit that fit under the front OEM wheels of the NSX and that kit sold like hotcakes.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Have a look on Superperformance uk web site, they have all this at great prices. Parts are brembo and others

5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Yes. The problem with all of the big brake kits for the 360 is that they require 19” wheels. Starfish are 18”.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    Brembo OEM is around $100 each. go with that.
    as for brake pads, depending on what type of driving you do. for regular Canyon carving, I would go with Stoptech Sport.

pads and rotors are surprisingly cheap for this car. pads are used by Hyundai and Chevy. rotor I believe is Chevy.

7. ahmadj

ahmadj Rookie

Jan 12, 2012
    I keep hearing that Brembo oem is cheap.

Which brembo rotor is it? Everyone i find seems like its for the 360.
    Brembo Rotors: 182606 is it that one?

I'm doing moderate canyon racing, oem were just fine while for my driving style.

Im leaning towards sporttech. I'm reading good reviews on them.

8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yea, there are a bunch of people on here talking about the 360. You said 430 and "broke a rotor" so I assume you have carbon brakes. Those are NEVER cheap. You could go to steel Brembos or replace the carbon brakes. There are a few threads on here about, I think it was, Sicom who was refurbishing the rotors at a more or less reasonable price.

9. ahmadj

ahmadj Rookie

Jan 12, 2012
    No, I dont have ceramic brake rotors. They are steel. I cracked a steel rotor. Don't ask me how, because I can't answer that.

What Brembo rotors will fit my f430?

10. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    #10 bellwilliam, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020