812 GTS Allocation | Page 16 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    GTS comes this July, really looking forward...

2. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    I think dealers always try to convince the customers that the car is rarer than what it is. If that 1K number be close to reality, we should expect the GTS to hold its value much better than the 812 SF.
    Would be interesting to know how the demand is in different countries...
    Are GTS allocations still available?

3. chet

chet F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    FWIW, my dealer said the 812 GTS will only be produced for two model years and they will produce ~700 cars each year. Would love for it to be true but it seems fanciful.

Adamas and of2worlds like this.
  4. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA

Its true. I heard the same thing. I also all confirmed build spots (not the spec but the build slot) were supposed to be in for both production years a month or so ago. I heard about 1200 cars being produced so we are looking at a total production of 1000-1400 to be fair.

RamsHmb and of2worlds like this.
  5. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    My dealer estimates around 1000 GTS, compared to his estimation of 2500 Pista Spiders. The 1000 GTS seems about right looking at the general comments here. Any one can confirm the number on the Pista Spiders?

6. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Pista Spider never, never 2500!!!
    Under 500 is more realistic

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I will take it in the shorts on my SF When I get my GTS but I wonder if they will recover (quickly?) if these numbers are true because their production numbers will probably be low. I am keeping the GTS indefinitely...have to believe this will be a relatively rare car and what is not love about a convertible v12. Plus, IMO, its a prettier car compared to the sf...which is still a looker.

8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Rarity not something to consider seriously with respect to value. If there are two more models with the VS and Aperta then the GTS will be no better off than any other Spider version of a production car regardless of quantity. Its odd to see folks hoping for an extreme drop in value with a +400k car or arguing over paying too much when they low ball an owner who paid sticker but that's what you see posted now.

9. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Yes, still possible in UK, for summer delivery 2021 as of last week

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sat and started one today. It is fantastic from first sight. I haven't been in a regular 812 to tell the difference that GPF makes but I will say throttle blips of even 5k in the open garage were epic. Like those fire alarms that you can feel in your head. I was laughing uncontrollably.

I think they will be hugely desirable in the future. Delivery for orders now likely early 2022, end of run, at least that was the playing-it-safe estimate today. All delayed from the recent factory shutdown.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, tfazio, johnr265 and 5 others like this.
  11. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Could you please comment on headroom?. As a tall person who does not fit on a F8 Spider for example is something that intrigues me

Thanks

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I actually forgot to ask to close the roof. I'm 6ft in shoes with a long torso/shorter legs and seemed perfectly fine where the roofline was. Since I fit perfectly fine in the 458 and 488 spiders I'm going to guess that you're a lot taller than me!

LMH likes this.
  13. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Thanks

14. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    My dealer have like 3-4 times more slots for the 812 GTS then the Pista spider. I already own a 812 GTS now and if I want I can buy a second one. So for me it’s just the same car as a 812 superfast. Money wise this car is going to drop as well on long term. I know people that buy the car without a history at Ferrari.

In the begin the car was introduce as a really special car and I was lucky enough to be selected for it. Now it’s just available for everyone in my opinion. Doesn’t change how the car is, but shows how Ferrari like to sell there cars.

of2worlds and LMH like this.
  15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That Pista Spider nuber is way too high. It wouldn't even be possible from a capacity standpoint. Pista Spiders in the 700-800 number, regular Pistas in the 2200-2500 range.
    Estimated GTS cars I've been told, is around 1400-1500.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I was told by 2 dealers that they have the capacity to build 1400 but financial uncertainty, coronavirus, SF90, and other factors are going to result in 900-1000 cars being made. In the US the final build/interest submission has passed. 1000 is a relatively small number. Supposedly there will be 812 VS and 299 Aperta. I think the GTS will hold its value or like the speciale gain in value once we come out of this financial quagmire, coronavirus concerns are mitigated, and people return to work. I mean its a V12 hardtop convertible Ferrari, whats not to love?

17. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The UK will get around 250 GTS and the UK is approx 10% of the worldwide market so i believe around 2500 will be built.

18. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Are you sure about the 250 GTS for the UK? Considering the 2 year production period, 2500 GTS seems a bit far-fetched.
    From what I've heard, Canada has received about 40 allocations. As Canada usually receives about 10% of the allocations of North America (please correct me if I'm wrong), which in turn contains about %35 of the total allocations worldwide, that would give me an estimated number of about 1250 allocations worldwide. But these are all assumptions!

19. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    812 Coupe and GTC4Lusso have now finished production so the V12 line has plenty of capacity to build 812GTS. My 250 UK is A calculation based on some known dealer allocations and I also hear that if you weren’t one of the initial invited orders you can still order a car from some dealers. This may of course vary between regions. The lowest number I believe will be 2000 units but I have no doubt they will build as many as they can sell. The R&D and tooling for the roof would be expensive and I doubt building your quoted 1250 would satisfy the accountants or shareholders.

Caeruleus11, PTG1 and day355 like this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I know you cannot order a Lusso anymore, but there are enough of them on order that they will be on the production line for at least a year. 812SF stopped production? That's news to me. My dealer has allocations and clients take them. Last I asked which was very recently, the SF and GTS will both be on the line. Once the Lusso clears there's the 812VS which will more than likely be pushed out in an 18 or so month span. That's what I have from both local and factory reps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    It may be UK specific but i was told by a reliable source that Lusso orders are over and so are 812 Coupe. There may be some ongoing delayed Lusso production and 812 Coupe due to C-19 but i think you will find the vast majority of production will be 812 GTS from now on hence no problem to build 2000 + cars.

22. ale75

ale75 Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    Here in Italy you can't order a 812sf and Portofino since mid february

deltona and Prancing12 like this.
  23. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Same here in Germany, my dealer is getting only GTS and VS in the future - no 812 Superfast anymore.
    All of their allocations are produced and they can't get more of them.

Sent from my SM-N970F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and deltona like this.
  24. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Not true for the US. People are still waiting on their 812 coupes and Lussos and someone just ordered an 812 coupe last week at my dealership.

25. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    How are the 812 coupes holding up? I see a number for sale at almost every dealer in the USA

Should these former owners trade up for the GTS there would be very few open slots.