Enzo magazine | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Enzo magazine

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jm2, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Marc, of course, I did.
    Zero, nada, nothing.

Marcel Massini

Nembo1777 likes this.
  2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Speaking only of the English language edition it is conceivable that there are different distributors for the French and German speaking parts of Switzerland....who knows.

Anyway I agree that there never seemed to be a full commitment behind this title.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    According to the US representative, subscriber copies of #13 were mailed to the US on July 7. My subscription to Octane has been extended by a few issues.

jm2 and of2worlds like this.
  4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Sad to hear of Enzo's demise. I enjoyed the articles and layout.

It's ironic that 13 was the number of issues they produced. :)

jm2 likes this.
  5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The same fellow in the U.K. who sold me issue 12 for 8 Pounds is now asking 125 Pounds for issue 13! Crazy, and he's not getting it, at least from me!

csmjr91090 and jm2 like this.
  6. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Regular Guy 01, csmjr91090 and jm2 like this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Loch Lomond News on ebay UK has the new ENZO issue #13 available for 10GBP. They are very reliable and prompt in my experience for many years now!

Regular Guy 01 likes this.
  8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Yes, i ordered this morning, thanks.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes thanks, I ordered as well.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I purchased a backup copy from newsstand.co.uk this morning for about £11 shipped....which it already has.:)

Hell, I could have bought every issue this way and saved a lot of brain damage!

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  11. csmjr91090

csmjr91090 Rookie

May 18, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    jm2 likes this.
  12. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Thanks for the info.

I just ordered a copy of #13 for myself.
    I still hope to find #12 at my local B&N in the near future.
    I, like a previous poster, saw that they had more of issue #11 show up at my local store.

I am hopeful that my magazine arrives in good condition as this is the main reason that I don't subscribe to.
    A magazine traveling around the world and not being in a package or have a covering to protect it can be a disaster just waiting to happen.

Thanks again,
    Gene Greer

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Issue #237 the latest Cavallino has been published and they use a very stiff cardboard mailing envelope to protect every copy they send in the mail system.

Regular Guy 01 likes this.
  14. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Nice to see a company taking care and precautions to ensure their product arrives in great condition.
    Too many companies just don't care and then they say that it just isn't their fault or problem.

Usually, easier for me to avoid the headache and just buy them in person.
    I hate spending 3 times the cost vs having them delivered but not being disappointed when I open my mailbox and seeing my magazine looking like it was used to beat a concrete wall is worth it.
    I only wish all companies took more care in their packaging.

Thanks,
    Gene Greer

jm2, Rosey and of2worlds like this.
  15. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
  16. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Rosey likes this.
  17. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Ridiculous. They never supported the magazine with a coherent marketing strategy, any semblance of a serious web presence, a reliable distribution method, or even the slightest wisp of subscriber care.

But yeah, covid killed Enzo.........:rolleyes: How convenient.

Lusso123 and jm2 like this.
  18. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes the irony of effectively saying they didn't have enough subscribers when there are 23 pages here which are largely people saying how rubbish their subscription service was. I know I was only one amongst many who spoke to them directly and pointed them to here but they weren't interested.

Rosey likes this.
  19. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Imagine how many potential loyal subscribers they could have had access to if they had advertised on Ferrari Chat, their absolute target market: Single marque focus, just like the magazine; presumably affluent members; international reach and exposure. What more could they ask for?

Rosey, jm2 and of2worlds like this.
  20. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    #570 jtremlett, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Indeed. Although, if they'd sorted out their subscription issues and come on here with an explanation and an apology that would have done most of the advertising for them. But if they didn't care then, I can't imagine they do now.

Edited to add: I should have replied earlier to Eugene's post above about packaging. Both Newsstand.co.uk and Magsdirect.co.uk, that I have used lately due to the difficulty of getting magazines from the shops, posted to me in the UK in plastic envelopes of the kind that are just covering for the contents. No padding or anything. That said, all the magazines I have had from both companies over the last few weeks have arrived in perfect condition, as has my copy of Forza which is similarly packaged and comes direct from the US publishers. My Cavallino subscription is with Chaters in the UK and that arrives in a padded envelope with a stiff piece of card inside to protect the magazine.

So I wouldn't like to guarantee how your magazine will arrive in the US but I would be pretty certain that, unlike the subscriber copies, it will actually arrive!

Regular Guy 01 and of2worlds like this.
  21. doyler

doyler Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2008
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Colm Doyle
    I too have been getting my mags,ie, Enzo, Octane and Evo delivered to Ireland from Newsstand,UK. After a " polite" word with my local postman he now leaves them on my front step instead of trying to force them through the letterbox!! Lol.

22. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I hope I didn't sound like an idiot but I am just very protective over my magazines. I treat them like treasures and after I read them I keep them and store them in binders for reference purposes. I remember when I was a child in 5th grade we had to cut up some magazines for a project and all I could remember is that I was glade they weren't any of MY magazines. Just a little OCD I guess and it started young.....
    Not sure if I am alone but I enjoy keeping my past issues of magazines and looking back at them when I can. I do find time to go over them and discard titles that I am no longer interested in to keep the collection manageable.
    I did order #13 from the link here in this thread and I just ordered #12 off eBay in England. Not sure if I would find that copy in B&N so I just bit the bullet and made it happen. I am sure they will arrive in fine shape and I will be able to worry about more pressing things in my life........

Thanks a million,
    Gene Greer

of2worlds likes this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes the sickness started in May 1963 :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

the only cure 'keep buying' ...

Regular Guy 01, jm2 and gt4me like this.
  24. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Mine started in 60 or 61 with a Sports Cars Illustrated (later Car and Driver) issue with a rossa and a giallo 250 SWB on the cover.

Regular Guy 01, of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Mine started in 1968 when I subscribed to Road & Track solely to get their Grand Prix race reports. (Aside from heavily-edited coverage of Monaco, there was no GP racing on TV, and all the newspapers had on Monday morning was the name of the winner, and information on anyone who had gotten killed.) Even though their race coverage has disappeared (with today's TV, no longer necessary), I'm still a subscriber, 52 years later!