360 - 360 rollover valves | FerrariChat

360 360 rollover valves

Discussion in '360/430' started by Carbide, Jul 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
  2. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
  3. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    Coupe has 4 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RossoC360 likes this.
  4. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I have a set of roll over valves that I took out of a 2000 spyder about 4 years ago. they look fine but I replaces when i redid the leaking fuel pumps as a preventive. My early spyder has no access holes, so I had to remove the convertible top to replace the fuel pumps which is a pricey fix ($1500 labor) I would make someone a good deal if they are interested. I think I paid about $900 for the new set. Make me an offer!
    PM me! Dennis

5. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I looked at the parts diagram and its weird, coupe shows 2 and spider obviously shows all 4. Who knows, maybe euro cars only have 2 or the diagram is just wrong.

6. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

You can see both on drivers side in this picture.

7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

the other 2 valves are on another diagram

8. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    Thank you!

9. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Why replace the whole valve just replace the seal? Thats what I had done on mine.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

10. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Because the plastic hose ends on the valves crack and leak as well. On a coupe it is no big deal, but if you are removing the complete convertible top in order to access them on a convertible, then it makes more sense to replace all of them, as well as both fuel pumps if they are the original white plastic style.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports.

brian.s, brookliner7 and EastMemphis like this.
  11. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    Brian could you give me advice on getting the float on the fuel pump lined up properly? I have tried twice, first time seems to be hanging up at 1/4 tank mark, not it seems to be stuck on full. I've read about a channel that it moves up and down in. I can't seem to locate it. Thank you!

12. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    I'm about to do the driver side fuel pump replacement and did not realize there's a trick to setting the float?

13. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    Unless I have something else going on. Hoping Brian will reply.

14. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

there's no trick to set the float, you can see it if you watch directly from above. Or you can feel it by putting your hands inside the tank, move the float up and down.
    nothing tricky, just bodily twisty.

15. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Why is this necessary does it need to be calibrated to min/max value? Would it work for just removing the previous pump, watching where the float is lined up and then pulling up the new float on the new pump, inserting the pump+float together and letting the float drop to the gas in the tank? Is there anything else to be worried about?

16. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

hard to describe by words, have you seen how the lever was "put" inside of the tank?

There's a "rail" or "gap" for the float lever to move up and down. The rail is about 1 inch wide, maybe more, i can't remember and the lever, as you can see on your new pump, is only a rod's wide, maybe about 1/10 inch or less. So there's a lot of room for the lever rod to go sideways, as long as the lever rod isn't contacting the "rail's edge", you are good.

yes, mark the radial position of the nozzle on the old pump , then remove it, then install the new pump with the nozzle at the same position would work , without even having to see the lever inside the tank.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

the gist , from my understanding, is that the pump's nozzle should be facing in such a position so that the fuel lines connecting to it is resting without any stress to it.

18. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    Maybe I’m going about this all wrong. From your picture it looks like the rail or gap whatever is for the metal bar holding the float. I thought the float itself was going into some kind of gap. Towards the back of the tank.

19. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

no, the plastic black float is floating on gasoline, there's no constraint for it.
    the metal bar( or rod) is fitting into this gap.

it is towards maybe about 10 o'clock if you are looking at the car from above the sky.

Carbide likes this.
  20. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    The roll over valves do i need a special tool to remove them without damaging them, TIA