An informal weekly meet in Malibu with no sponsor | FerrariChat

An informal weekly meet in Malibu with no sponsor

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bitzman, Jun 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Way2fast likes this.
  2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Is this every Sunday? Was thinking about going last week but looked up the one across Pepperdine instead and noticed it wasn't taking place. I've seen some of this location on IG.

3. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I think so. I rode my motorcycle over there last week, it was a pretty decent turnout.

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #4 TestShoot, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Now that it is public knowledge it is just a matter of time before it gets shutdown. It may linger even for a year or so, but people forgot lessons from Crystal Cove all over again. We'll get noise complaints, showboating, the JDM "takeovers". I hate to be "classist" but let's be honest, it is going to be people with tuned up common cars that will make lots of noise, be disrespectful, block businesses from patrons and just be generally a nuisance. If I wanted to see a garbage customized average car I'd go outside the vape shop. Keys to an ///M wrapped in vinyl doesn't mean you get invited to the party by default.

GTUnit and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  5. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Test Shoots' comments are sadly predictive. I think this informal gathering could survive if the muscle car ruffians can restrain themselves from revving the engines, taking off fast when they leave and worst of all, doing donuts or whatever that is that imitates a NASCAR driver after he won a race. I haven't seen them to the latter yet but all over Los Angeles I see the circular tire marks of these clowns. Here's an article on the last Sunday in June turnout at Cross Creek road in Malibu
    https://**********.com/2020/06/malibu-the-car-show-goes-on.html

TestShoot likes this.
  6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    It's the Harley mentality "I made it loud because I like it loud... 'murica!!!" Totally inconsiderate, throttle blips for insta likes, it makes losers look cool to children. "Look at me piss off the snobs". Nah bro, you are just a bad person intentionally doing something to upset others.

GTUnit likes this.
  7. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Opening the hood is another annoyance I have with the muscle car crowd.I've seem a whole parking lot of open hoods. it is because on the newer models so many are as alike , as peas on a pod , that they are hoping you'll notice something like a different air filter. I am at these cars 'n coffees to try to capture a picture of the car in its best light (possibly for a painting) and don't care about the mechanicals. Also (am I being elitist again? Oh, dear) the muscle car people are not as wide ranging and conversant with history as the exotic car crowd so there's not much to talk about. I'll never forget when I went on Fchat the first time asking a question about some very obscure car like the Serenissima spyder or maybe Iso Grifo A3/C and they knew all about it, or asking for the best café in the 14th arrondissement. It's a pleasure to talk to people with wide ranging interests and their special car is only part of their life.

Manda racing, srslusso and TestShoot like this.
  8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #8 TestShoot, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Seen one small block chevy, seen 'em all.

9. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Well, the Chevy 327 that Bruce Meyer has in his Iso Grifo A3C is a marvel to behold with four sidedraught Weber poking out of a manifold designed by Giotto Bizzarrini, but I agree in general, most pushrod engines are boring.

TestShoot likes this.
  10. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  11. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    We will head up in our 456M on Sunday. Sounds like a fun low-key event.
    The Reel Inn Is open and the parking lot is kind of like a big tailgate if anybody happens to end up there for lunch or whatever, it is fun.

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I've seen that white laffy a few times

13. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Unlnd the Chippies ve clapin' down...I bet it ws musclecrsnot Lambo , Ferrari or Porsche aficiandos
    Crime & Safety
    Large Group Of Street Racers Arrested In Malibu
    CHP West Valley reported in a Facebook post that its members arrested a crowd of racers in the early hours of July 4.
    By Michael Wittner, Patch Staff[​IMG]
    Jul 6, 2020 6:31 pm PT|Updated Jul 6, 2020 6:33 pm PT

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    CHP officers arrived from many directions, boxing the group in. (Shutterstock)

MALIBU, CA — July 4 proved a busy day for local law enforcement, who had to contend with near constant illegal fireworks.

The day didn't get off to the most auspicious start for the California Highway Patrol West Valley Division. According to a Facebook post, residents near the intersection of Mullholland Highway and Las Virgenes Road in Malibu told police a large group of loud vehicles were blocking the intersection to race and make donuts.

Drag racing has been a consistent concern on Mullholland Highway. Calabasas Mayor Alicia Weintraub said that numerous residents have complained to City Hall about loud drag racing late at night. Weintraub said that the city is working with the Lost Hills-Malibu Sheriff's Station to increase patrolling late at night on Mullholland to stop the activity.

Multiple CHP units responded from several directions, effectively boxing the group in. As soon as they arrived, CHP reported that a number of individuals rushed to their cars, and sped away, through red lights.

However, many drove towards CHP units arriving from the other direction, and were caught.

The post said that 15 individuals were cited for misdemeanor speed contest and spectating, three vehicles were impounded, and one driver was arrested for punching an officer and resisting arrest.

TestShoot likes this.
  14. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I don't know what you wrote there, but I'd agree Calabastards probably.

15. ScottJon

ScottJon Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Hollywood. Ca. USA
    Full Name:
    Scott Leibow
    My daughter and I went this morning. It was a good time, lots of cars of all brands and decades. Almost every person was wearing a mask and people kept moving.

There were even a couple of police cars and they drove the different parking areas but everyone was friendly.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

TestShoot and Mirek like this.
  16. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    It was a great time. Lots of high end stuff floating around and the police were great.

blkdiablo33 and TestShoot like this.
  17. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  18. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  19. BGF1LMS

BGF1LMS Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Simi Valley and Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    Brennan
    Tenney and Mmckee like this.
  20. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    https://**********.com/2020/08/malibu-car-show-comings-and-goings.html

still goin' on. I am suggesting people either fade from the scene by 10:30 a.m.unless they are dining in the one or two restaurants that are open (by setting up tables in the parking lot) so as to avoid complaints from the merchants that they are taking up space from genuine customers. I saw the Irvine C n' C end because as it got near 10 am, some participants couldn't resist a dramatic blast off, so far the hot-doggers have resisted this impulse at Malibu

21. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Irvine C and C was held in the Ford/Mazda building lots those businesses closed on the weekend and not close to businesses that open on the weekends.

Sent from my LG-H820 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    In my humble opinion what killed the Irvine C & C was when about 10% of the crowd would gather at the exit, on the curb overlooking onto a road seldom used on weekends, to watch car show participants leave and urge them to "show us what'cha got." Some couldn't resist the temptation, doing a burnout or two wheel drift, incredibly even with a cop standing there. Fortunately at the Malibu venue, Pacific Coast Highway is uphill out of the lot and you can only see a small part of it from the parking lot so shenanigans might not be noticed. At the last one there were few musclecars and rice rockets and I think they like to show off the most, so there was minimal muscle flexing as participants left.

23. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  24. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you want to see what’s there, take a look at my thread “Malibu C&C” under Detailing & Showroom. I posted lots of photos. There are an unbelievable number of unbelievable cars every Sunday. I’ve been there the last 3 Sundays in a row. Of course, there isn’t much competition for things to do at the moment.

25. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss