355 - Doug's revised view on the F355 | FerrariChat

355 Doug's revised view on the F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by DaisyCutter, Jul 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Karting

Jul 15, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Dayan
    Skip to 2:36

2. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I thought it was interesting when I watched this as well. He's a bit off on a few cars in there - Good 996 Turbos are definitely not going for 45k for example.

Obviously, now that I own a 355, I certainly hope he's right that the value are going up up up!

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Guy is so annoying Can’t watch him. No talent, poor videos, still
    Huge succes... honestly don’t get it but good for
    Him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tegethoff, 355dreamer, QSA and 4 others like this.
  4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think what he is saying is true for survivor cars, but that's true of any Ferrari really. For most other 355's I don't see enough billionaires who want one at any cost and willing to dump $(Insert large amount here) into it. Could it be the next Dino at some point, possibly, markets are funny with what they pick but let's hope so.

5. GatedF355GTB

GatedF355GTB Karting

Dec 5, 2017
    Got to give the guy credit for exploiting an opportunity.

That said, there's not much he offers in the way of useful info for knowledgeable enthusiasts. He doesn't appear to have any real mechanical knowledge and therefore isn't capable of really understanding positives and negatives of particular cars. For example, if you watch his review of the M96-engined 996, it's obvious he doesn't grasp the vast manufacturing differences between that car and the cars that come before it. Also, he doesn't appear to be much of a driver. Every video is the same - brief hard acceleration followed by him giggling. Not much substance for those of us who are interested in the actual driving dynamics of the car and care a lot less about features and tech.

GSF355, cnpapa24, tres55 and 5 others like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

U nailed it like u said he seized the opportunity and I think ppl love the average Joe type he portrays to be.

tres55, Ray Smith and GatedF355GTB like this.
  7. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I can't stand watching this guy's videos.

INTMD8, cnpapa24, 355dreamer and 2 others like this.
  8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ohh I like him and hoovie too, Ever try NormalGuySupercar... That's like chewing on tin foil

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jimmym and Qavion like this.
  9. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Am I getting too sensitive (as a 1995 owner)? What I heard him say was beautiful, but a unreliable, maintenance & repair nightmare that is going up in value. Mine is not a nightmare, but a dream that is undervalued!

Yassa and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  10. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    He's an idiot but good on him for succeeding as one.

pfbz and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    You said the name!!!!! AARRRRRGHGGHGHGHGH!

12. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hoovie and Doug is the same crap, both talks alot about nothing to fill out time, sometimes i think they are twin brothers.

tres55 likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Well Hoovies admits to riding demuro’s tail.
    He once told us on this forum, which he is part of, that just one video on the Testarossa he bought was enough for him to pay for the cars sales tax.
    Plus he lives in a cheap area. Good for him! But very clickbait and annoying for sure.

14. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Everything on the internet is click bait.

15. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Want something good on YT? Davide Cironi Drive Experience. Marchettino is also good. The next Jeremy Clarkson/James May/Richard Hammond superstars wont be coming from the UK, and the Americans are boring as hell. The Italians know where its at. Its in their blood.

I am not into the YouTuber type people...

16. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Davide Cironi is next level. He conveys the passion and emotion like only an Italian can.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Love him!

PaulK likes this.
  18. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    all just entertainment. you can watch or not depending on ones sense of humor or tolerance. Sometimes pearls of wisdom from their experiences, and sometimes some good discount codes for products. I've used NGSC codes on more than a few things and probably over three hundred bucks saved. They all love what they're doing, so more power to all of them. If I don't like a particular vid, I'll stop watching that one. Take them for what they are rather than be cynical about their personas or presentations. Judge lest ye be judged.

tatry68 and jimmym like this.
  19. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I've been enjoying Tyrrells classic workshop. i'll have to check out cironi.

sjd

Tegethoff and Qavion like this.
  20. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    Dougs videos are a good resource if you just want to find out about the cars features and appointments, he gets opinionated, but he does often bring up some interesting points.
    He's tall, so if he can fit in a car, then so can I...
    But hes got no idea about anything mechanical, so I never listen to his opinions about Ferrari engine out services and so forth....
    He never drives the cars at 10/10ths, so that is also not a great reference apart from him commenting about the road noise and so forth...

Harry's garage is a good overview for cars, he's raced cars, owned a lot of the cars, and so has valued opinions, I like his reviews, and I like his expeditions like the Rolls Royce to the Arctic circle, the Lambo 50th tour, the recent 812 trip, the trip to the Sahara in the Testarossa, etc etc...

Iain Tyrell is the Sports Car Whisperer, hes great, but I can see if you have no interest in things mechanical it could get a bit boring, I however, balance carbs the same way he does, thats how I was taught, so watching him balance the carbs on a Lambo Espada is actually quite interesting to me...
    He also "hustles" the cars on the road test, he got one of those Bentley's a bit sideways one time, I thought that was a hoot....

New Guy Super car is good for his discounts he gets, but I'd never let that guy near my car with a spanner!!! See all the rookie mistakes and stuff the broke on that 348......BUT, good to see them break stuff which serves as a warning!!

In summary, all of those you tubers mentioned at some point have some helpful resource, they post the videos and put a lot of work into them, and for that I am grateful.

jimmym and fboutlaw like this.
  21. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So much of that was planned and to stretch the series and to try and get to 25K number he stated we all know is 5x too high. Up front he mentioned he was doing a major and a few surprises well have to wait and see. Like bending vales etc.. Don't get me going on that, its not even a hack effort, its worse, it is a fake hack effort to stretch it to get more clicks. Its not even informative. He thinks were too stupid to know what he was doing which is the truly offensive part. And the stupid morning zoo commentary vibe, ugh.. just ugh.

22. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    I still use his discount code, I have saved a lot of money doing so, so stupid, zoo commentary or whatever, I'll take the code!!
    But I do agree the videos are so annoying, like I said, that guy would not be allowed anywhere near my car with a spanner...

23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yep the codes are good!

24. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    You guys get a discount code for Ricambi America being Fchat members. Just saying

25. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric