So if you could have just one Ferrari, regardless of cost...??? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

So if you could have just one Ferrari, regardless of cost...???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Husker, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tim bowles

tim bowles Karting

Mar 6, 2020
    gallatin tn
    Full Name:
    M Tim Bowles
    Price no object? Either a p3 or a pontoon fender testa rossa. I can't decide .You pick for me. On second thought, I'll take both.

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    LaFerrari Aperta

Ciao bella

Ridgeback likes this.
  3. Dodger

Dodger Rookie

Jan 17, 2014
    1960 250 Testa Rossa.

Dane likes this.
  4. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Sure. I lost my flight medical after military retirement and two years in Afghanistan. After six years, I was able to obtain again and went to work as an airline pilot; this was a huge step for me.

During a 30-hour layover in STL, I was walking back to my hotel with Walmart bags full of dinner when I spotted this 308 on a dark showroom floor. I stopped. I made an offer with t-shirt and Walmart bags in hand. Car shipped three weeks later. It was meant to be.

Husker, italiafan, JP365 and 11 others like this.
  5. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Might have to go with 275 GTB/C Speciale.

LARRYH likes this.
  6. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Yesss! Great choice. What colour for you?

7. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    tomc likes this.
  8. Tampaman44

Tampaman44 Rookie

May 29, 2017
    250 P. Brought me to the dance.

9. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Rookie

Nov 19, 2012
    Full Name:
    Richard
    275 GTS/4 NART Spyder. Dark Blue/tan with Borranis......

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Lusso123, LARRYH, colombo2cam and 5 others like this.
  11. Capri335

Capri335 Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Grindelwald, Tasmania. (Australia)
    Full Name:
    John
    Price isn't the object, it's convincing my wife that I need another one, and finding one that is RHD!

12. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    You can have whatever you want, and you want one that's defective?? :D

There are actually several RHD cars I'd like, if only for the "whaaaaat?!?!?!" factor

13. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Only one, then it needs to be a V12, with a manual gearbox, and a convertible.

F50.

G. Pepper likes this.
  14. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Then I just saw the perfect car for you - I've been watching the Thomas Crown Affair on TV (for the umpteenth time - I never tire of that film):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Red 250 GT California Spider all the way. I know it's cliche but I'll get over it.

LARRYH likes this.
  16. 0081matteo

0081matteo Rookie

Oct 10, 2013
    I'd like to answer this for myself and the for three clients who do not do FERRARI CHAT but answered the question when I asked. My personal favorite Ferrari is the one I am building or restoring at the time for myself or someone else. The three listed below are today's favorite. I just can't choose so am listing all three favorites.
    The favorite of one of our friends who lusted after a NART Spider for 35 years until we found a new alloy body for one in Italy and he is having us re-body a 550 Maranello chassis with the 550 Maranello drive-train. That will always be his favorite he says.
    A friend I met in Houston lusted after the 275 Comp Coupe 06701 that sold at auction about 5 years ago for $25,000,000. That was his favorite. He lucked into an original Comp coupe body and that one he said would fulfill his dream if we used also a 550 Maranello donor but put it on an earlier chassis. That is being built for him also.
    The third and maybe the most extreme favorite Ferrari is a 340MM Touring barchetta. This one is being built to fulfill this friend's dream using a body made by Fantuzzi in 1970 during the original car's restoration. The body came off when the owner went to Ferrari to certify the car about 2005. The car won the Mille Miglia in Italy in 1999 with this body though Ferrari said the car was born with a Vignale body. Off came the Touring body until we found it in 2015. The right guys in Italy built a new Lampredi motor and tranny for him and the chassis is underway.
    That outlines 4 guys' favorites. Thought since all of us "gearheads" are fickle around Ferraris, our favorite can change 10 minutes from now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
  18. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    F50 no question. There isn’t even a close second for me.

G. Pepper likes this.
  19. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  20. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I would say F40 or F50. I would like to drive each back to back and then I could really make my decision.

21. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I would love them to do a brand new 275 GTB long nose alloy body (this way no one says they ruined a historic car) over a CF tub with the 812 V12 and tranny

Modern suspension/brakes/electronics

Interior adapted from the Roma

22. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder or a 288 GTO. Really an impossible decision to choose only one Ferrari.

23. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I just want a 458 Italia. Rosso Corsa and Nero interior. As much Carbon Fiber as possible. One is currently listed as for sale in Southern California (ZFF67NFA5E0197601) but when I called to ask about it they said it had just been sold over the weekend. I've never been more crushed...

G. Pepper likes this.