355 - To Tubi or not to Tubi any cons? | FerrariChat

355 To Tubi or not to Tubi any cons?

Discussion in '348/355' started by SA Mike, Jul 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SA Mike

SA Mike Karting

May 25, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Martinez
    Just thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    Tubi headers, yes. Tubi Evolution exhaust , yes. Cons? Cost...

Tubi Sales and QSA like this.
  3. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    I don’t hear any cons.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    100 percent a 355 isnt a 355 without tubi. i have tubi headers, test pipes, and exhaust and it is one of the most amazing sounds in car land!!!

Tubi Sales and Michael Burgoyne like this.
  5. chrisj951

chrisj951 Karting

Feb 18, 2015
    Metro Atlanta
    I have Tubi headers on my 355 and had their cat delete pipes on as well, but the exhaust fumes were too much. Put my fabspeed sport cats back on.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tres55, Natkingcolebasket69 and Julia like this.
  6. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I prefer a catted exhaust. I don't like following old muscle cars in traffic.

tres55 likes this.
  7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I don’t like being in traffic... just sayin

Robb

chris1866 likes this.
  8. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Cons should come from the neighbors :)

ThatFlyGuy likes this.
  9. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I had fabspeed testpipes on my 355 with a first gen Tubi and although it sounded great the fumes were a bit much.

When I get another 355...I will likely go for a custom full titanium exhaust.

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  11. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I have worked on many different combinations of Tubi on 355. Just muffler. Headers, stock cats, & muffler. Just headers. Headers, aftermarket cats, & muffler. Hearers, straight pipes, & muffler.
    My favorite one was a 95 2.7 Motronic, Headers, straight pipe, & muffler. What a sound. At throttle is just screamed. I didn't notice a highway drone. The exhaust smell was not an issue as well.
    If you have a 96 up 5.2 Motronic you will need to trick the ECU into "seeing" a cat if you install straight pipes. there are mini cats that can be installed inline with the O2 sensors to let then "see" a cat.
    For my customers with 5.2 systems, I recommend headers, aftermarket cats, & muffler. It is still a spectacular sound.
    There is an aftermarket Y pipe available as well, however, I have had had an opportunity to install one.

12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i have a 1995 with all tubi headers, test pipes, y pipe (Bradan) muffler. it sounds insane and there is no drone at all.

Tubi Sales and Michael Burgoyne like this.
  13. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    a decatted 355 is a pretty visceral experience. I used to run tubi headers, with larini test pipes and muffler on my previous 97 F355B. The car was not the loudest exhaust out there, but the sound at high RPM's, bouncing off the canyons at rev-limiter, was better than most anything around. It was a really addictive soundtrack. Another F355B colleague of mine, back in the day, used to run tubi headers, and capristo test pipes and stage 3 muffler and his car was louder and a bit crazier than mine, even. However, every other Ferrari owner around me would marvel at the sound of the cars, but would often complain about the fumes when following behind me. I ran test pipes for about 5 years (approximately one-half of my total ownership time of the 355 (the first half of my stewardship), then as I got a bit older and busier with work and growing family, The sound, fumes, smell, and constant check engine light started to bother me and I placed the original cats back on. With the cats back on the sound was still very good, no drone at low RPM's, no smell, and no check engine light. I sold the F355 a couple years ago, but still have the Larini test pipes somewhere in my garage...

Robb likes this.
  14. Michael Burgoyne

May 5, 2020
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a 1995 and recently purchased a used Tubi exhaust and test pipes. My question us about the install process. Do I need any type of new gaskets when installing this used system, or do the connections only use the clamps?

15. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Be sure you have the correct tubi system for your 95.

16. Michael Burgoyne

May 5, 2020
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference is sensor bung for the 5.2 system.

MAD828 likes this.
  17. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    No cons so far?
    I have a set of manifolds and the Tubi Evolution exhaust for the 355 2.7 in stock and ready to ship stateside!

18. Michael Burgoyne

May 5, 2020
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Will the 5.2 muffler work on a 2.7 if I cap the sensor bung?

19. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    I haven't had anyone try so I don't want to assume that it will or will not.

20. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would get new gaskets, I can't remember if you can reuse them or not. I suppose if it isn't leaking then you're good? I bought new ones.

As for the clamps/flanges, you can reuse them but I bought new ones. I am super anal.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/355-group/f355-m2-7-1995/exhaust-system.html

Michael Burgoyne likes this.
  21. Michael Burgoyne

May 5, 2020
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Is there a way you can find out from Tubi? I'm planning on installing this weekend

22. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    It will be fine. I had Tubi evolution on my 2.7 the exhaust comes with the bung but it also comes with the cap.

23. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    You should be able to install cats and muffler with the donut gaskets already in place.