Battery / Alternator Light is out!! | FerrariChat

Battery / Alternator Light is out!!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by James cln, Jul 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Hooray , finally, after being told by SanAntonio Ferrari dealer that I need a new alternator from their diagnosis ( 500 dollar charge) . Put new alternator in , 200o bucks , no change . Then they wanted to spend more time diagnosing problem @ 200 bucks an hour - suggesting that they swap an instrument panel from a T on their lot to “see” if that’s the problem at my expense. Oh , if they did that they wanted me to assure them if the dash is the problem, I would buy the new dash panel from them only for $10000 plus Payment for installation & flashing . They also chastised me bc I “took it to every place in town , even Maserati dealer to try to find problem”.
    Finally I took it to Dallas - Boardwalk Ferrari and in 2 hours they found the problem by looking at their diagnostic chart which clearly showed a 10 amp fuse which went to panel from alternator/ battery . The fuse was missing ! It is supposed to be Clipped on negative battery terminal on frame of car- MIA ! It had fallen off and was under neath the battery holder. I had a stone hit the radiator which caused water to go everywhere. Unbeknownst to me the fuse holder go wet and was corroded. We cleaned up the holder , put in a new 10 Amp fuse and NO batt light ! Hooray - car is perfect now after 1 1/2 years and several thousand dollars is fixed ! Many thanks to Boardwalk Ferrari. What a nightmare this has been - but all’s well that ends well !

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I hope they refunded you for the new alternator that you did not need.

3. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations!
    Way better than putting a small piece black tape on the light! LOL

whatheheck likes this.
  4. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Steve and his team at Boardwalk Ferrari are above and beyond any other dealership in my opinion! Great to hear this worked out!

rgb125 and tomc like this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    James...After following your saga, I am so glad it was solved. More glad to hear the folks @ Boardwalk solved the mystery. If you need some suggestions on fun back roads from SA to DFW for future service visits, let me know! :D
    Better yet, ask Steve. That's yet another one of his talents, knowing where all the fun, F-worthy roads are. Congrats and hope it is smooth sailing with your Cali...T

6. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Having had battery problems, I, too, have been following your postings. I really pleased that you were able to get this problem solved. Now, go carve up some curves!!!

7. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Thanks all - this has been an almost 2 year problem and nahh I didn’t try to get SA folks to pay for bad diagnosis. Just soo happy to get this problem resolved ! James

8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    James,

Glad to hear you finally had it solved!

No more stress!!!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk