Broken Water Recirculation Pipe Bracket? | FerrariChat

Broken Water Recirculation Pipe Bracket?

Discussion in '360/430' started by TheRealFlyingBear, Jul 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheRealFlyingBear

Apr 27, 2020
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hey FChat,

What is this bracket supposed to be attached to? While inspecting my AC Compressor, I noticed the bracket wasn't attached to anything and the water pipes were floating around, in danger of hitting the AC compressor pulley.

Mine is snapped off or disconnected from where it should be attached to.

I can find references to this bracket in the fuel tank and timing variator sections of the workshop manual. Images here. Actually, in the variator section, it looks like the bracket they are using for an example is also broken.

What's up with this? I've currently pulled the water pipes (rubber pipes) away from the pulley with zip ties. Could be a permanent fix, but I'd rather fix the bracket if possible. The bracket holds both water pipes with one bolt and nut.

Thanks!
    Ken

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TheRealFlyingBear

Apr 27, 2020
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Ken
  3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is a common problem. It has happened to me as well.

4. plahaye

plahaye Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    S La. swamp
    Full Name:
    Phil LaHaye
    Nothing exotic about those at all. Simple wire loom clamps available every where in all sorts of sizes.

5. TheRealFlyingBear

Apr 27, 2020
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Anyone know how they are supposed to be fastened to the chassis?

6. plahaye

plahaye Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    S La. swamp
    Full Name:
    Phil LaHaye
    Welded. Strange that those welds would fail. Maybe the welder just did not finish after tacking the brackets to position them? A Friday late after noon chassis build or he was tack welding when the lunch brake bell rang?

7. TheRealFlyingBear

Apr 27, 2020
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I’m out of luck to fix it the right way to make the bracket original again. (I don’t weld). I’ll try to fasten a bracket to one of the nuts nearby on the firewall.

May not have been the weld that failed. I think the techs who worked on my car were heavy handed. I think the bracket may have broken after the welds.