Anyone know anything about this car? | FerrariChat

Anyone know anything about this car?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by hnoor, Jul 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hnoor

hnoor Rookie

Jul 19, 2020
    Shopping around for a red FF and this one is certified. I think 2012 was the first year these cars came out... is there anything I should look out for or do people generally avoid first year cars. Apparently it's certified so it should be covered bumper to bumper for 2 years.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/777291350/overview/

2. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    This one was on my short list.
    It's triple layer Rosso Maranello.
    A stunning $18k option.
    My local Ferrari shop suggested I stay away from 2012s. Too many glitches that aren't covered under the CPO Power warranty.
    Also, FYI the power warranty on these CPO Ferraris is additional to the price of the car.
    I wound up purchasing the Blu Pozzi 2013 from Miller Motorcars and added two years of power warranty.

3. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    One more thing. There is another Rosso Maranello at Boardwalk Ferrari in Texas. It's a 2013.

4. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    The color is great and LFSC always has nice cars. That being said I personally would not consider a FF without the pano roof. Really makes the car feel more open.

Also the CPO is basically a power train warranty, not bumper to bumper. I am glad I bought it however as my PTU went a month after I bought it.

5. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    If you like it and the price is right, buy it. I wouldn't worry about shopping by year on early cars - they are all getting old now. If you were comparing 2011 to 2016 that would be a different matter and more due to age than any inherent reliability/unreliability. The only gotcha on the really early cars that they are more likely to suffer a gearbox speed sensor failure but you'd need to be looking at 2013 or younger to ensure that your box has the running production fix. Ultimately, unless you buy a garage queen, any problems which might have arisen should've been ironed out by now.

My view on the warranty is that you're better off self insuring as there are so many get out clauses (transmission and engine gasket leaks not covered etc) that you end up paying out even though you have the warranty (it happened to me with a fuel pump). Now that DCT boxes can be rebuilt for $7.5k and PTUs for $12k, it doesn't make sense to take the warranty. Just set aside the money you'd have spent on warranty for the inevitable repair bill which comes your way and you won't need to have the argument about whether it's covered under warranty or not.

Altoria F and sampelligrino like this.