Is it time for gun control in Washington? | Page 146 | FerrariChat

Is it time for gun control in Washington?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Sep 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Watch ABC channel 24 ('international' ABC) news - it has none of the crap 'we can reveal...' 'in an exclusive...' gotch junk that is creeping into the normal ch 2 from 9 and 7.

2. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Good grief

3. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Still horribly biased and compromised in what they choose to show and the way they show it, and in flagrant breach of their own charter.

But apart from that, worth a watch occasionally.

If only it wasn't taxpayer funded...

4. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    It's still way ahead of any of the 7, 9 sky crap...

Its328 and simon klein like this.
  5. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It’s ahead of 7,9, and 10. Agreed.

At the end of the day, Sky is a subscription service. It lives and dies by whether people want to watch and pay for it.
    Therefore it has every right to be biased one way or the other.

The ABC is funded by the taxpayer. If it wasn’t taxpayer funded, its blatant bias wouldn’t bother me at all.
    However, The ABC’s charter obliges it to be balanced and present a variety of views, and it fails that test miserably.

Let me put it this way; would you be happy if the taxpayer funded Sky News to the tune of over $1B per year?
    Would it bother you if Bolt, Jones, etc. we’re being paid by your taxes?

Another question: Can you name one conservative presenter on the entire ABC (TV or radio)? One real conservative?
    You can’t, of course.

Funny how they carry on endlessly about “diversity” yet they're totally unable to accept diversity of opinion.
    Particularly odd considering that the majority of people aren’t hard left.

Ferraridoc, Gizzi, greg246 and 2 others like this.
  6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I like the 730 report
    Leigh Sales gives both sides grief

7. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
  8. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    You must be watching a different one to me then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanB, jmillard308 and Steve355F1 like this.
  9. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    What I find particularly annoying about her interviewing style is that she constantly interrupts any Liberal polly before they're 1/3rd of the way through answering, but lets the Labor/Green people finish their sentences.

And of course when she attacks a labor person, it's because they're not left enough. Meanwhile, the Greens always get soft questions.

10. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    We’re all being fed lies by the media. The news media has a responsibility to report the truth,but they don’t. The difference is the people that take their garbage as gospel and the ones that know they are liars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Look I agree the ABC reporting has diminished badly over the past few years, but I still see them *mostly* reporting in a bipartisan way - politicians from both sides get hammered pretty whenever they step out of line.
    I rarely watch 7:30 these days because I can’t stand Leigh Sales’ commercial style ‘gotchas’. Like I said, watch the ‘international’ of ABC news version on ch 24.
    I don’t want to see ‘Left’ or ‘Right’ reporters - I want reporters NOT commentators (which is what Bolt , Jones etc are).

12. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Well Karen, I want “journalists” not talking heads.

Sadly there is SFA of them left.

And on the commercial channels, it is very obvious 99% of the females are hired for their looks not their jornalistic abilities.

13. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Then why are they all ugly?

Steve355F1 and wrxmike like this.
  14. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    D'yer think...:D

15. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As the publically funded broadcaster, the ABC must provide news, not opinions and be entirely neutral on issues. It's not the ABC's role to lead discussions and provide opinions. Needs to be cleaned out, defunded, whatever. They are using taxpayer resources to push their viewpoints. It started to to happen 30 years ago, before that the ABC prided itself on its neutrality and impartiality.

Steve355F1 and jmillard308 like this.
  16. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Can you answer my question?
    Can you name ONE genuine conservative presenter on the entire ABC network?
    Or ONE show which ever presents Conservative viewpoints (other than for the explicit purpose of ridicule)?
    Considering that Conservatives are actually in the majority in this country, it’s pretty amazing that there is NOT ONE on the taxpayer funded broadcaster. It’s not like it’s 60/40, or 80/20, or even 90/10.

It’s 99/1!

Yet the ABC fall over themselves to present “diversity” for the 2% of gay people, or endlessly carry on about the mythical gender wage gap, or the tragic joke that is the climate change religion.

Absolute joke. And the sooner that pack of clowns are defunded and made to stand on their own merits, the better.

If lots of people really consider the ABC valuable and worth paying for, great. Let them fuchsing pay for it.

17. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Actually it started the same as every degradation has when a government ‘service’ is suddenly a ‘business’ and is judged by it’s profitability - think education (especially technical ed), airport terminals and parking, post office services. Hand in hand with the great business concept of ‘outsourcing’ and here’s where we get to.

18. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Reporters should not be identifiable as either! They should be neutral. By the same token, can you name one Non-conservative presenter on Sky? And Sky doesn’t even pretend to ‘report’ - it’s just opinion and garbage.

Do you not ever see Compass, Australian Story, Backroads, Landline, The Business, great dramas like Mystery Road, Buffalo Project, Redfern? As far as free to air, ABC and SBS are the only tolerable channels left. And the pay services are just as bad.

19. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Stephen Conroy is a regular panellist, Graeme Richardson, many more....

Ferraridoc likes this.
  20. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Sorry Karen, that's a classic diversion argument.

The ABC's decline to left propaganda started in the 1963 with the appointment of Allan Ashbolt as executive producer of 4 corners. He went on to a succession of senior administrative positions.

Ashbolt was a maverick broadcaster at the ABC, then a largely conservative organisation. Ashbolt managed to find jobs for a small group of Marxists and radicals like himself. In the ensuing thirty years that group, its appointees and values, have captured the organization. Ashbolt’s views have not only survived, they have built a house culture that even the appointment of a board now dominated by conservatives has been unable to displace.

You can't change the culture of the ABC. It should be privatised for $1 (give every staff member shares) then let them run it. If it is so "beloved" by all Australians, as they keep telling us, then enough people will pay a subscription to watch it, just as happens with Netflix, Foxtel, CNN, etc, etc. Meanwhile, take the billion dollars we save and give it to police, nurses, firemen and teachers.

21. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    They're crooks so they fit in well :p

Self opinionated puffed up jolly boys, never liked them

Richardson and Jones could write the rules for cash-for-comment, despicable human beings

Its328 likes this.
  22. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  23. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
  24. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    You forgot that other idiot Latham. All this shows is they are ‘equal rights’ for idiots.

25. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    A black rapper can fill his songs with disgusting mysoginist abuse like "Ho" and be rewarded for it.

Any white male who objects is called a racist.