458 Bluetooth Stereo | FerrariChat

458 Bluetooth Stereo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jorligan, Jul 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    For those of us who have the old iPod adapter and you are looking for a easier option, Here is a bluetooth adapter that actually works. If you use music on your iPhone, then all of the information is displayed. Alternatively, you can stream Pandora or Amazon Music. Much better sound as you can stream lossless from Amazon Music or other sources.

Bovee Car Kit Bluetooth Ferrari 458 Spyder A2DP - AMI MMI Android and iPhone Wireless Adaptor for in car iPod Integration

2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I am intrigued. I have tried both:

--Bovee 1000 Wireless Music Interface Adapter for in Car iPod Integration -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B52LLJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--Bovee Car Kit Bluetooth Maserati Granturismo A2DP - AMI MMI Android and iPhone Wireless Adaptor for in car iPod Integration -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CPTLNR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Each of these worked great in a Mercedes and a Maserati, but would lose bluetooth connection at each startup in my 458. I am hoping this is a different model, that would be fantastic.

I've actually been pretty happy with a combination of the hard drive and a first generation iPod nano, but streaming off my phone would give me more options.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    I’m very interested. Would you have the exact model number or a link to purchase? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Agreed, specifics would be very helpful. If I was guessing, I would say it is:

https://www.viseeousa.com/products/ferrari-458-spyder-bluetooth-music-a2dp-interface-adaptor-for-in-car-ipod-integration?_pos=2&_sid=4a4ead108&_ss=r

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Bluetooth-Ferrari-Spyder-A2DP/dp/B074CPNX4Q

I've tried twice before with poor results (posted above), for $90 I'll probably try again.

schwoo likes this.
  5. whoadude

whoadude Rookie

Feb 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Ho
    Just to be clear, this specific product is made just for the 458? I have a bovee already which I have connected before, it worked once then after always needs to be unplugged and reconnected etc.

Banzairacer, Caeruleus11 and rob5819 like this.
  6. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    This is the same one I have been using for years. Reviews on amazon show that you sometimes have to disconnect and reconnect from iPod connector. Depending on if I lock or leave car or change to radio before I turn off car determines if I have to reconnect. It is easy to do and not a deal breaker for my using it. Prefer to search music on phone than thru indecipherable Ferrari electronics.
    I do disconnect at night for fear of any battery drainage. Be it real or imagined.
    Best

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Mine is temperamental as well. Sometimes wont pair at all. Often cuts in and out when it is paired.
    I have a stereo guy with a solution, I will be investigating.

8. bikerlee

bikerlee Rookie

Mar 3, 2018
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Does the audio system stay connected to, and default to, the Bovee when the ignition is turned on?
    The whole four button presses of various lengths just to get to the iphone everytime I remove it is getting tiresome.

Or is there a way of getting it to automatically play from the iPhone when connected to the cable?

9. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Are you looking to upgrade the full system, or just looking to resolve the BT music connection?

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Likely a cable connection, get rid of the Bovee.

sampelligrino likes this.
  11. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I never disconnect the Bovee, I turn off my bluetooth on my phone and then back on and it finds the Bovee and works fine. I do this during warming up the car. It's a hassle but works.

fazooley likes this.
  12. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I use the Bovee, it worked as others have said and had to be disconnected and reconnected in both the 2012 and 2014 spiders that I had but, in the 2015 I currently have it works much better however, when first getting in the car each time I have to connect to Bluetooth first then turn off the Bluetooth and back on on the phone and the car will then allow me to choose that source. If I don't do that I can see it but the car will just skip over it when I try to select it from the menu

13. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    In my 2014 Spider, the Bovee required constant repairing on mostly a daily basis. Twice a day 5 days a week was a PITA. I guess others have more patience. I returned mine to AMZN and loaded an old Ipod Nano with music and parked that in my glove compartment.

Now I stream Spotify but fortunately the Iphone X pairs flawlessly with the Huracan bluetooth.

14. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    that has been my experience as well

15. RS458

RS458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2020
    Arizona
    The prior owner of my 2014 added an extension cable and the ipod to lightning adapter. I prefer it much more than the Bovee that I also have, It charges and plays music without the well know Bovee connection issues.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  16. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Same here. And usually if I’m in and out of the car on a single outing I don’t lose it with every start up.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    That's good to know, do you know what adapter this is as I tried a number of adapters but they did not work

18. RS458

RS458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2020
    Arizona
    Sargepug likes this.
  19. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    Just to second that. Apple adaptors have all the supported pins connected rather than just the minimum that some 3rd party adaptors connect.

20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Out of stock @Apple online store, FWIW.
    WM.com selling.

21. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thanks guys, I tried one before but was a knock off that never worked, I'll have to get get the official one

22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Got the official Apple lightning to 30 pin, and it works! Much easier than Bovee.
    Downsides>
    1) I got the 8" version, and unless i want to leave my phone in the glove box, it's too short. Ordered a 3' extender
    2) the lightning end slips out of the phone very easily, and when it does the music stops and the radio comes on. Need a solve for that.

23. dailo

dailo Karting

Apr 25, 2013
    Has anyone explored upgrading the becker unit to one from say a 2016 F12?
    I wonder if the updated unit would be compatible in our cars?

The system interface seems almost the same in my 2016 F12, and the 2014 458. Although I do have CarPlay in the F12.

24. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Just to folllow up on the original post, after disappointing results with two prior Bovee 1000s, I have been testing the one that is marketed specifically for the 458: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CPNX4Q/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3BVA1L98F0PER&psc=1,"Bovee Car Kit Bluetooth Ferrari 458 Spyder A2DP - AMI MMI Android and iPhone Wireless Adaptor for in car iPod Integration." I was interested if there was any specific difference between the two other ones that did not work in my 2014 458 Spider (but worked in a Mercedes and Maserati) and this one.

Unfortunately this one lived down to my low expectations. It paired up fine with my Android (Samsung S7), but any time I turned the car off / on, I needed to turn off / on bluetooth on my phone to re-pair with the Bovee. Additionally, if I changed inputs from the iPod/Bovee to the hard drive while driving and then tried to change back to the iPod/Bovee I needed to turn off / on bluetooth on my phone. When it did work it did not display song info. Fortunately, a combination of the hard drive and a 2005 iPod Nano has worked flawlessly for me and I did not expect the Bovee to work.

25. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This works pretty well, just get an Apple brand 30pin to 8 adapter and run the cable through the console and out the back of it. I does not always connect on the first try but connects more often than not on the first attempt
    Image Unavailable, Please Login