For Sale - 2008 F430 Spider For Sale | FerrariChat

For Sale 2008 F430 Spider For Sale

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Vlad Yatsenko, Jul 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vlad Yatsenko

Vlad Yatsenko Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Vlad Yatsenko
    Hi guys!

I own a small lot in Green Bay WI and bought this car in hopes of upgrading my C6Z. In all reality my other car has too much sentimental value to my family and I can’t keep both.

The car was purchased from an insurance auction with a salvage title. It is now repaired and has a rebuilt title, passed inspection yesterday.

The damage was far from needing to salvage the car out and I have pictures from before and after. The damage was to the rear end. Didn’t do anything more than put a small scratch in the rear frame, slightly bent the right side exhaust, and damaged the bumper and rear diffuser.

I had the bumper professionally repaired and put on a carbon fiber rear diffuser.

Current state there are a few small things to address:

Radio doesn’t work. (Turns on but has an error message, could be a code needed?) was going to replace with a nice aftermarket as I’ve seen many people do in this forum.

Right side exhaust still has a slight bend back toward the wheel. I assume this can be straightened. In the current state, I have removed the gravel guard to ensure it doesn’t get damaged from the heat of the pipe.

When the car went in for an estimate, they disassembled several things including the rear trim pieces In the engine bay. Used ones are $250/ea on eBay and both sides are needed. I was going to do a carbon fiber engine bay package but didn’t get to it. Once I realized I won’t keep the car, I didn’t do either to allow the new owner to choose which route to go. (Wasn’t worth spending the money on the 2 stock pieces if you’re going to get carbon fiber anyways)

The car has just over 33k miles. Born and raised in Atlanta until I purchased it. Have several maintenance records from the local dealer that maintained it.

It has a few rock chips and scuffs, particularly where the top meets the paint. (Normal) can be seen when the top is down and put away. Couple minor chips on bumper etc have been touched up.

The tires have good tread but appear to be aged and should be replaced soon as well as one of the TPMS sensors.

Lastly, the only modification to the car is a remote controlled exhaust dump valve to keep the butterflies opened if desired. Sounds great Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

It’s not a 10/10 cosmetically but it’s far from not being respectable. You’d have to be very close and looking to see them. I point this out since many of these cars are absolutely mint.

With all that being said, I’d like to ask $85k OBO. Depending on the response and conversation, I will negotiate the price.

At the end of the day it’s a nice 430 that runs and drives awesome!

Please PM or call or text 920-366-5357 for any more details.

Thanks!
    Vlad

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JRE and Texas Forever like this.
  2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sounds interesting. Since you talk about rear damage, I’d recommend you provide a straight on photo of the rear.

3. OrmondStar

OrmondStar Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2019
    Lake Mary, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard
    $85k for a salvage title with just over 33k miles. Is it me, or anyone else thinks this is close to clean title territory?

4. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    This is what I paid for mine, coupe w 26k. same spec.

n.jadeboutique1 and psych0hans like this.
  5. Mcorrallo

Mcorrallo Karting

Jan 28, 2014
    $85K is extremely optimistic

Hightower, technom3, amenasce and 2 others like this.
  6. khong

khong Rookie

May 21, 2016
    Agreed with above posters. Extremely optimistic. Local 08 spider with 20k miles sold for $90k. 09 rebuilt with 18k miles sold for $70k.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SuaveT, n.jadeboutique1 and tatry68 like this.
  7. Vipmn1

Vipmn1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hal Pattalino
    n.jadeboutique1 likes this.
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Glws but as stated, salvage with high miles should be a good 30% off current market for a clean car.

n.jadeboutique1 and technom3 like this.
  9. 83911SCDrew

83911SCDrew Karting

Oct 21, 2018
    Bernardsville
    Full Name:
    Andrew K
    There are cleaner, lower mileage, clean title cars that have sold in the NJ area for less than this asking price.

n.jadeboutique1 likes this.
  10. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    I walked away from a clean titled spyder with 21k at $90k.

Yours still has damage that needs to be repaired. I’d expect close to $50k

n.jadeboutique1, randkin and technom3 like this.
  11. Juan Moreno

Juan Moreno Rookie

Jul 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Juan Moreno
    There’s clean title cars with those miles for 80k, this should be in 50’s just saying...

12. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Agreed with above responses. I totaled my 09 430. It needed minimal work to bring it to standard, maybe 15-20k. It sold on Copart for 43Kish. I think at 55-65k it would be easy to get rid of.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    The owner that had this when it got totaled out is on Ferrari chat as well. What was done with the transmission? It was a hard hit... It damaged part of the trans as well..

14. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I am (well, was) the owner. You can check my message history if you have any questions. I posted a lot and got some good advice on here about the insurance. The damage was around $85,000 and the estimate of work was done by Wade at Merlin in Atlanta.

Hightower and Hawaii Brit like this.
  15. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    Thank you for sharing. This is a handy community. Adam runs a great shop. What did Wade recommend in the $85k? Couldn't see a post on it in your feed. Saw the $35k body shop quote.

16. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Wade's estimate wasn't $85K by itself. I was adding the body work and the engine work when I made that statement. Total work was a little over $70K, so not quite $85K as I originally stated. Was grabbing from memory. After the work moved that far north, I just disconnected from the process and just prayed that State Farm would total it and give me a check (which they did). I had to dig through my records but here is Wade's estimate on engine work and what was needed. Body work was posted in the thread I did back in January right after the wreck, which was $35K as you mentioned.

Attached Files:

Hawaii Brit likes this.
  17. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    Thank you very much for sharing. Apologies for misstating the aggregate value. This is super helpful :)

18. Vlad Yatsenko

Vlad Yatsenko Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Vlad Yatsenko
    As FYI, I spoke to them in regards to this estimate and was told that much of this was quoted to replace without confirmation that there was anything wrong with some of the items. It sounded like they didn’t even test drive it. I can attest to the fact that there’s absolutely no issues with the engine, F1, actuator etc. I’ve had it up on my hoist and went through everything with a magnifying glass. I’m far from looking for a debate, just making sure you are aware.

The brunt of the damage was in the lower right corner and as you can see everything lined up perfectly with zero frame pulling or adjustment.

To me this is a classic super car repair estimate that I’ve seen numerous times at insurance auctions.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. F430 Power

F430 Power Rookie
    BANNED

May 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Demo Nelson
    Sounds to me like FloridaToAtlanta pulled the classic insurance fraud while he had the chance.

20. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #20 FloridaToAtlanta, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    That’s about the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever read..and you should really be careful putting statements like that in writing, you’re treading in the territory of libel.

21. F430 Power

F430 Power Rookie
    BANNED

May 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Demo Nelson
    Actually your the one that’s libel, I didn’t write the estimate, that’s between you and dealer that did the estimate. I can care less, what I’m saying is the estimate does not add up, you don’t have to be a genius to figure that one out.

22. Vlad Yatsenko

Vlad Yatsenko Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Vlad Yatsenko
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here’s a picture immediately after removing the rear bumper. Not a single leak and not a single beat skipped in the drivetrain. Have driven it hundreds of miles flawlessly and can take the hands off the wheel at 100 mph. Might not be the same car?

Anyone interested in looking at it, I will put it up on the hoist, remove rear bumper, diffuser, skid plate and provide very good lighting to come inspect the car. This estimate is a joke.

23. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    You should research libel before you run your mouth. Hiding behind the anonymity of a computer doesn’t hide you from a subpoena. Trust me. You can’t even use the word “you’re” properly in a sentence...but keep talking and making comments about me on a public forum.

Stentboy and OrmondStar like this.
  24. Vlad Yatsenko

Vlad Yatsenko Rookie

Apr 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Vlad Yatsenko
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

You guys, it’s not worth arguing over. It’s a car, and it will sell to a happy new owner. Not worth blowing up this thread anymore than it already has been.

NuorderSG, Hightower and OrmondStar like this.
  25. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Totally agree Vlad. Just don’t like being accused of fraud by some troll who hides behind anonymity of a computer with one post. Sorry to hijack the thread like this.