Dino Market Values : Real and Nominal | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Dino Market Values : Real and Nominal

Discussion in '206/246' started by f328nvl, Feb 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
  2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    " Every drive to Starbucks is like a lap of Monaco"
    - Mike Sheehan

Does anyone else take the "Cars N Coffee" metaphor with more hyperbole?
    :)

Jamie H likes this.
  3. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I've long since concluded that when MikeS says "right" he is mapping that to word to "no, this is not a typo"... :)

Mind you, I've always been of the opinion that it is reasonable for folks to try and see what the max they could get is, so there is nothing wrong with the above.

Jamie H likes this.
  4. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I agree that anyone is allowed to ask whatever they wish. Mr Sheehan is a great story writer and have enjoyed many his descriptions.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    It sold for very close to asking. He also just sold the first Dino I restored many years ago when I wasnt concerned about originality. It sold for asking $395. Real sales with real prices in the last 60 days. Mike prices cars to sell, not sit.

Jamie H, synchro and cls like this.
  6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Excellent, but yours are a whole 'nother level from the Dinos that cross the BAT platform

Jamie H likes this.
  7. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Why so cheap

8. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    This is an odd thread.

I used to post and track lots of Dino’s and what asking was and final price was and why. I am not trying to suggest this would have continued with the same method today, but.....

After being accused/alleged or whatever you want to call it, of trying to use Ferrarichat to privately broker Dino’s, buying Dino’s and selling Dino’s - all under the guise of being a Dino fan, but my real motive was profit that was not being shared....

I was done.

In hindsight, I have no regrets in posts I have made, as Ferrarichat allowed me to explore and learn lots of unknowns.

That experience started Almost 20 years ago.

I truly feel my involvement helped the Dino community grow and I thoroughly enjoyed being apart of that. So many of us “old” guys are still here lurking. It is funny saying “old”, because lots of us are not old, just old to the Ferrrichat system.

This forum has died because we can’t be bothered with what we did years ago or adding to experience only to be shot down.

I hate to sound jaded, but it is what it is.

I can’t remember any better day than calling Denny Schue or John Kennedy or emailing Nobu Hitaschi about some dumb Dino thing. None of these guys are Ferrarichat guys, although most know Denny’s name.

After I got off the phone, I would call Norma or Dennis McCann and tell them what I had to have. Even if it would take years to find. They would start looking.

Funny what happens when business models change..... and I will add, I was a very early subscriber to the Rossa level because I wanted to help fund and keep everything alive.

I am not complaining, just saying.

The world has changed. The Dino world has changed. I imagine their are lots of others like me. If not, I am happy to hear others tell me to just shut up and move on.

Dreaming for a Happier time,

Shawn

MarkT likes this.
  9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Apologies for missing you in Maranello July 2018 - I bumped into Andrew after he had seen you and was relaying how he was blown away at meeting Dino'philes from all over the world.

Regards,

Scott

10. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    I learned a lot about all the resale information that’s been shared in this thread. Anytime someone has a significant 6digit investment in a car, it is more than appropriate to discuss openly in this venue. Heck, from what I have put into my GT, the value could buy a pretty nice home where I live in the Midwest. Would hope this thread could continue with how dynamic the market conditions are now and will be into the future. Thanks to all the contributors who made me stand up and note what’s going on.
    Hugh

synchro likes this.