458 - 5 year review video | FerrariChat

458 5 year review video

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Booker, Jul 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  2. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I watched that and thought it was really good.
    Not a 458 owner but looking to get into one soon.
    I have to say I found the comments about corrosion a bit shocking on such a newer car.
    A 2015 car should not have corrosion in my opinion.
    Especially in light of I’m sure its not driven a ton in rain, no snow or salt.
    My 328 doesn’t have a bit of rust.

Booker likes this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I like these two guys.

4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Love The Car Guys, enjoy their light hearted content and the diverse range of cars/events they cover. Always great to watch

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Enjoyable to see their reports but 2 things

Rust :(
    and anyone else notice his short shifting in driving hard 7,000 rpm ?

6. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Vid is mostly spot on. I've had various Ferraris. Of the newer generations: a 430 and a 458. It's relative. My 458 has certainly required less frequent maintenance and been mostly trouble free compared to my 430 (manifolds, ball joints, transmission, F1 pump).

Though the transmission speed sensor in the 458 been a major repair issue for many. If I were to do it over, I would get a manual, 430 Scuderia. The 458 is overall faster, more reliable, but it feels too safe. I am not a geriatric yet and detest the nanny controls killing the need for driver ability/ involvement in the newer generations....accross all manufacturers. + At prices nearing $500k for well optioned new models, I hardly want to be driving around a New model just bc the PIA and delays in getting any parts and repairs from the dealer.

7. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    The whole review was spot on.

AND ... the indicators, the button feel, soft for on, hard for 3 blink, no indicator noise to be heard, and can't see the lights on the dash for the steering wheel.... Bad deal.

I can just hear the Italians though, "indicators??? What for???? This is a race car!"

Booker and KC360 FL like this.
  8. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    And...

I have never turned on my radio, though I have watched my daughter try.... Refer to above Italian description of what type of car this is.

Booker likes this.
  9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    That’s the first time I’ve ever seen/heard of wheel arch corrosion on a 458. My car is in pristine shape in that department and it’s older than the car in the video. But truth be told, they’re british and british weather can be quite unforgiving.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Booker likes this.
  10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    My Speciale had that issue as well in at least 2 of the wheel wells once I took delivery. Minor paint starting to flake off on at least 2 of the wheel arches at the bottom. I had a high end shop take care of it no sweat for small amount and quick turnaround.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.