For Sale - FERRARI 360 MODENA CHALLENGE (RACE/TRACK DAY CAR.) | FerrariChat

For Sale FERRARI 360 MODENA CHALLENGE (RACE/TRACK DAY CAR.)

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ferrari-nut, Jul 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari-nut

ferrari-nut Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    ANTHONY
    FERRARI 360 MODENA CHALLENGE (RACE/TRACK DAY CAR.)

Chassis Number: ZFFYR51B000119602

The 360 Modena first appeared on the grid in Challenge form in 2000, featuring a multitude of alterations making it more suitable for track use. These included the deletion of the aircon, electric windows, sound-deadening material, and interior trim, and the replacement of the bumpers, window glass, exhaust system, interior centre console, and door trim panels with lightweight alternatives. The instruments were replaced by a Magneti Marelli digital display linked to the onboard data acquisition and telemetry system. Safety enhancements included an automatic fire extinguishing system and FIA-approved safety fuel cell.

The 3.6-litre, 40-valve V8 engine produces 400 bhp. Changes to the suspension involved fitting Boge shock absorbers, racing springs, aluminium bushes, and a thicker anti-roll bar. Brakes were increased to 355mm. All-round performance gains resulted from its 330lb reduction in weight.

This car’s build was completed on the 10th March 2000, though the factory designated it a 1999 for importation/legal reasons.

It was delivered to Ferrari of Phoenix, USA. Their computer systems show that the car was in their service department 17 times from 29 Dec 2000 to 7 March 2006. Unfortunately records of what was done to the car during this time have been deleted, so we will never know as to what work was done during those 17 visits.

In 2007 the car had a pre-purchase inspection performed at Ferrari of Silicon Valley. They found no signs of any accidents and that the car had low mileage at only 4,098 miles (7,885 Kilometres).

The car was imported into the UK on the December 2015, and all import duties, VAT etc have been paid.

It had a major service in January 2019, including belts, new clutch assembly, new tyres, battery, new (dated) seats, belts and fire extinguisher system.

This car is ready to go racing in the Ferrari Club Racing Series or have fun doing track days!

£ 52,995.00 o.n.o

PHONE Anthony 07779726845

[email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Sorry to butt in here but I think I can fill in some gaps. First off there is or was no Ferrari of Phoenix. It was called Scottsdale Ferrari. Now if you are 100 % sure it came to Scottsdale Ferrari in 2000 then there could be a number of possible owners. The serial number indicates it could be a 2001 car and if you see the side impact bars, that would indicate which. 2000 has a single bar while 2001 had two.

Now if your car has only 1 bar and it was delivered to Scottsdale AND the car was originally painted black, I've got bad news. This car was all but totaled at Road Atlanta. Now if the car was painted Grigio Silverstone and was delivered to Scottsdale then repainted black at a later time, then the car didn't crash. The serial numbers aren't correct for the other two cars as they both had 118xxx numbers.

If your car has the two side bars, there were two Challenge cars delivered for the 2001 season. One yellow and one silver. The yellow one was crashed heavily and the silver one was sold off.

3. ferrari-nut

ferrari-nut Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    ANTHONY
    Thanks for the info.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name: