What R U paying for gas Today? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What R U paying for gas Today?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jssans, Sep 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Costco tried to reinvent the gas pump nozzle during these last two months, Tried to fill up this week with great difficulty ,Attended told me there having trouble with all
    Chrysler Fiat Ferrari fillers .

2. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    $2.49 for regular today.

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    i wouldnt put Costco gas in a Ferrari anyway.

Today I put Shell 93 in my FF for $2.39.

4. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Here in Europe, 2 hours ago, Euro 98: $5,97 / gallon (~ 1,35 €/liter)!

5. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I started using Costco during the pandemic because of there commitment to hygiene at there forecourt, I never realized there was a quality
    concern with there gas.

6. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    It's a myth

7. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I paid $2.36 for Premium at a Buckee's north of Ft. Worth Tx. Found out from my employees that they are the lowest priced gas and diesel around by $.20-40c per gallon. And the cleanest rest rooms around. I bet the start expanding beyond Texas soon. And don't try the Beaver Nuggets, puffed popcorn / caramel bites. They are crack

8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    In Virginia, between Fredericksburg and Charlottesville, it had dropped to $1.68 per gallon this morning from $1.70 on Monday.

papou and jm2 like this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There is nothing wrong with Costco gasoline, it is rated as a top tier fuel. In a car that you will not keep long term or drive extensively it’s fine. However, if you want the best protection for your engine and fuel delivery system, a name brand is superior. They put in multiple additives beyond the detergent additives that Costco adds.

Gasoline sales are an afterthought for Costco. They have huge parking lots and it is easy to install pumps and sell gasoline. For them it is good use of excess real estate. Compare that to a company like Shell or Exxon or Chevron or similar where fuels and lubricants are their primary business. As they say, you get what you pay for. (When I was a Costco member I never bought my gasoline there.)

energy88 likes this.
  10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't get gas at Costco just because there is always a line. I have a Shell less than a mile from my house that I use almost exclusively.

energy88 likes this.
  11. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm too lazy to wait in line at Costco. Here gas is $1.27 per liter for regular. I have a p.o. box in the next town over and get gas there. They don't have a transit tax that my town has, its about $1.19 per liter there.

12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    $ 0.39 per litre of 95 :D

max930 likes this.
  13. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I agree with all comments, long lines never more than 5mins, I always filled up at the Marina 100 octane, then my Wife got involved scared about the virus
    friends told her about Costco hygiene you guessed the rest, I’m friends with Ferrari tech’s at Ferrari FtLauderdale and they are in full support of Costco gas.
    Once this all passes I’m back to the marina..

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I used to use Costco gas several years ago as I always went into the office early - 7am and Cisco was right on the way and no line at that time in the morning. I used it in my MBZs which were my DD but I never had any issues, likely since it was never old and was from a variety of suppliers even Exxon, Shell or Chevron as well as off brands independents. Now that I am retired and don’t go into the office early, I don’t use Costco gas any more. There is a Chevron station nearer which is about $.10 more per gal. than Costco and I prefer Chevron generally.
    Gas in CA is more than most any other state and premium is currently $3.28/gal and regular is about $2.99/gal, slightly less in metro areas.

Nospinzone likes this.
  15. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't blame you. Hate lines!

16. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    IMHO, Chevron has the best additive package (especially if you love your car). Only you can calculate your individual tradeoff between higher gasoline price and closer station location.

randkin and Nospinzone like this.
  17. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Sunoco, without ethanol, today's price 1.92/Gal for 94 octane..

18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would love to buy gas w/o ethanol, but it's not readily available around here.

19. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    It is probably available in marinas near you, but their price likely does not include road tax and if you were caught using it in your car you would be in big trouble. But it probably would not cause any problems if used offload such as in a lawn mower or snow blower.

20. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    We are sitting at about a buck a liter at the momment..

22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, some of them are near me, but I know them and they don't have gas pumps. They sell cans of ethanol free gas. I buy that gas for my snowblower. Thanks for that link though, it is interesting.

23. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    No ethanol premium at BP here in NW Wisconsin. About $2.70/gallon. In Florida, non ethanol is a bit harder to get, but WaWa stations all have it. I never buy ethanol gas for the toy cars, boats, UTV or MC...

24. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Chevron 94 is ethanol free here. Got gas yesterday while in the next town over. Paid $1.15 per liter. Its still $1.27 per liter in my town. A station on the border with my town and next over was $1.24 per liter. I filled up at a station owned by the co-op I'm a member of. So at the end of the year I get some money back. They use Esso as their supplier.

25. TdF

TdF Karting

Aug 4, 2006
    8.40$ per gallon Sunoco 110.

papou likes this.