Just listed 599 HGTE for sale in classified 2011 with 3500 miles perfect car | FerrariChat

Just listed 599 HGTE for sale in classified 2011 with 3500 miles perfect car

Discussion in '612/599' started by gam4, Jul 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    I am selling my ultra rare 599 HGTE 2011 Red/Two tone beige/black interior. I have had the car a few years and time to try something different. This car is perfect and in Massachusetts. There were only 100-120 HGTE ever made. It is a handling package (Handling Grand Touring Evolution HGTE) with basically a sports package (rims interior ect) included which was a $40K option. The car stickered for $375K. Yes it has 3500 miles so it is not only rare but collectible. There are none for sale with these miles like this anywhere in the world. This has less built than the GTO which is triple the cost. It has less built than the alonzo version which is double the cost. Please no tire kickers.

$189K

Greg
    617 875 1415
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Looks fabulous!

GLWS

LVP488 likes this.
  3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Beautiful! I’m actually in an airport right now getting ready to fly across the country to pick up my new to me 599 and drive it 1900 miles home!!

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Beautiful, almost like my car. Good luck with the sale.

5. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
  6. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    Thx for compliments. I should probably keep it...

7. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Hi Greg - Your HGTE looks just like my 2011, except for the red cavallino rampant and HGTE embroidery on the seat back; mine only has the a black cavallino with HGTE delete option. Mine already has ~22,300 miles and is driven regularly. I'm amazed how you've been so disciplined to only have 3,500 miles on it.

I do have a daily driver, an '07 SL55-AMG in Mars Red with cream interior, which I've owned since 2008 and now has 73k miles and still driving like a brand new car. But I simply cannot resist to keep my 599 HGTE covered in the garage hooked up to a battery conditioner and not feel the amazing power delivery and its "kick in the back" sensation when upshifting the F1 tranny close to redline! :cool: Smile inducing machine!

Its engine and tranny shifting acts like a detuned F056 engine on the F2008 cars the Scuderia campaigned in 2008. I watched them race in the Magny Cours circuit near Paris FR and you can literally feel the V8 exhaust's thunder thumping on your chest!

I'm just wondering why would you sell such a beautiful, classically-designed car? It's the final Ferrari V12 completely designed by Pininfarina; the F12 was a collaboration by Flavio Manzoni and PF. Likewise, the 599 HGTE is rarer and has fewer E-nannies; it does not contain all the latest E driver's aids, like DCT or FDE, etc., that the F12, 812 and other newer Ferraris have.

That means the 599 challenges its driver to supply their own talents to drive her exuberantly - the way Enzo encouraged his cars' owners to drive them.

IMG_1509.jpeg

Makuono likes this.
  8. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    Wow you make me want to seriously reconcider. Well said and all true. I think im selling it to try something else. Maybe I should keep and just buy something else. Have you had any serious issues with your over 22K miles? Attach picture please. Do you have any idea how many are in the country? Thx again for your input.

9. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Hi Greg,

I don't really know the exact number of total HGTE's and how many were allocated to the US, but I've been told it's around 200 or so which is very rare even in terms of Ferrari's relatively small production batches. Terry Phillips (tazandjan) once posted a number under another topic and I recall his tally was similar.

(Knock on wood!) No, I haven't encountered anything serious; just the usual maintenance, worn buttons (no sticky issues since I live in a temperate climate) and electronic gremlins since their ECU's were designed and programmed in the early 2000's during its original development. I'm not aware of any updates that Ferrari EE's made to improve the electronics when the '10-'11 US 599 HGTE models were introduced.

I also never use the automatic tranny and change gears manually since my Ferrari Service Manager declared that manual shifting and setting the manettino to Sport or Race prevents premature clutch wear. He also said constant backing up on steep driveways causes the clutch to wear out much quicker. A customer who lived on a hill with a steep driveway used to reverse up his driveway and wore out his 430's clutch in less than 10k miles!

There is also good anecdotal evidence from many owners of regularly driven Ferraris (all models) suffering from much lesser or zero mechanical issues (leaky magnetorheological shocks, chiefly) and as a Mechanical Engineer myself and an owner of a regularly driven 599, I can vouch for that observation.

If you have the means, which it sounds like you do, I'd keep the rare, super low mileage 599 HGTE and buy another Ferrari, like a 458 or a Scuderia. 430 Scuderia's have also maintained their value quite well given it's probably one of the prettiest and classiest sports/track Ferrari that Pininfarina ever designed. The F8 Tribute also has so far had great write-ups by testers who've driven it on the Fiorano track, on Modena's mountain roads and on LA freeways/streets. The new Roma also looks fantastic with a classic GT design brief.

Whatever you decide Greg, do drive your Ferraris and bless yourself by thanking the Almighty for granting such wonderful opportunities to enjoy life - La Dolce Vita! Enjoy, or as they say in Italy - Goda!

Cheers,
    Butch

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mr. Uy, F3RN4ND0, Makuono and 3 others like this.
  10. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    Butch
    it looks like we have twins. Thank u for you insight on your car. Yes it is a special rare car and I think keeping it is the move. Thank you for talking some sense into me. Enjoy your car and La Dolce Vita to u as well!

Makuono likes this.
  11. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    "Twins separated at birth in Maranello!"

You're surely most welcome, Greg, and indeed thanks for wishing me "La Dolce Vita", too.

I'm only glad to have assisted you come up with a decision that works for your sentiments. Although my assistance may have soured (aka pissed) others who might've been interested in acquiring such a desirable jewel of a Ferrari.

"CIAO599" - that's my car's CA license plate. It's never too late to enjoy your HGTE during beautiful summer and early fall days.

Ciao, ciao. (As my friends in Italy warmly say as we part with each other's company.

Butch

12. gstudent

gstudent Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    Westlake Village
    Full Name:
    Gene
    Texas Forever likes this.
  13. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    +1 Keep it ! :)

14. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    Your 100% correct! thank u for the input!

15. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer