488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 57 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It is as capable as a Pista. They’re splitting hairs performance wise. Comes down to personal feelings. Two best cars at the moment for sure.

boobernackle and Shack like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I was thinking the same thing. The have done a good job with LR.

3. They don't have enough capital or money.

The only group in Tata that is doing well (relatively speaking) is their IT division, or TCS.

Heck, Tata Group might be a takeover target themselves. Highly unlikely, but one never knows.

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Mercedes could come back in?

5. Maybe Elon could buy it.

He could send a Speedtail to the Space Station.

Think of the publicity!

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thankfully has also hurt the roll out of fully autonomous electric cars. Many are being pushed out (some were due out in 2020) and the specs to be all weather and full auto have been reduced. Topic for another thread.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I've never looked into their financials but LR has been selling a ton of cars. Not so sure about Jaguar.

8. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Yes - I bought one, it sucked. Brand new loaded RR Sport. Many quality issues, each time at dealer they just said "what did you expect?" Great perspective.

Traded it for a new Audi last month.

Boomhauer and dustman like this.
  9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I had a RR (for Wife) about 3 years ago. Initially was great, then electrical glitches like entire dash going blank (no speedo, no gas gauge). Then started to get very “floaty” with the suspension, would “wallow” when moving steering wheel. It was so pronounced my kids used to laugh about it...could move steering wheel back and forth while going straight and the SUV would wobble back and forth like some amusement park ride.
    Took it to dealer...they had it for a couple days and said, “functioning as designed.”
    Traded it immediately for a Porsche Cayenne Turbo....far superior machine.

10. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Tata Motors ain’t doing that well... I doubt buying McLaren would serve their needs

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Consumer Reports and other reviewers have long listed the RR near the bottom in quality. I know they are shiny and all Kardashain-10-years-ago-wanna-be, but cant fathom why people still buy them.

italiafan and Boomhauer like this.
  12. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #1412 IPO1, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    I must have been thinking Kardashing when I bought a new supercharged last year...after the second visit to the shop in two weeks, I sold it and took the most painful loss on a non exotic that I've had. Never--EVER--again would I buy a RR. I don't buy daily SUV's to sit in shop.

I knew better, but bought it anyways. Stupid as sh**.

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Sorry to hear, but smart to move quickly.
    Off topic, but people bash Tesla qualty and perhaps rightly so, but I am on my second S and combined not one day out of service, not one time in shop. Never had a car like that except the Perf Spyder.

tekaefixe likes this.
  14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    We’ve had a few Range’s. Never had a serious issue, never let down. Moved on to Porsche Panamera ST and soon Taycan (although still have our last RR hanging around) but there is something imperious about a Range. I love them for shooting trips and the like. Much rather have one than a Bentley for a luxo barge. But Subaru Forester does much the same thing (well, nearly) more reliably for a third of the price. Have one of those too - best value, interesting, proper four-by-four utility car that you can treat badly, by far.

BaronM69 likes this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I warned you. :) My wife still loves it and want another but its not for me.

IPO1 likes this.
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    We've had about 6 of them, the most recent has been the worst but my wife wont give it up. I offered her a Portofino and just drive the Cayenne if she needs something bigger but she is not having it. Personally I daily a modified Raptor or my F12, pretty good combo.

JAM1, Drson and Clembo like this.
  17. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Came here looking for Pista pricing posts :)

pdxjim488 likes this.
  18. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Good luck....no one seems to post actual purchase prices.

Gh21631 likes this.
  19. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    A friend in the UK sold his delivery mile Pista coupe with about £60k of options (so list price £310k) for £295k. I guess he got back 90% of that, so cost him 15% to get out of the car.

He has a spider arriving which is also for sale, and the dealer believes he will get his money back on that, just.

SirPouyan likes this.
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Your friend likes to buy them, doesn't drive them then immediately sells for losses? Odd.

boobernackle and SoCal to az like this.
  21. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    I can understand him selling his Pista Coupe why the Spider?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Probably plays the stock market by buying high and selling low. It is a perfect method to avoid paying capital gains.

pdxjim488, ScottS, PTG1 and 3 others like this.
  23. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    He had always planned to sell the coupe when the spider arrived. Then his coupe got delayed by the factory closing due to covid, and now the spider is arriving a two months after the coupe. The spider is going because it is a UK RHD car, and he is relocating to Canada due to a new job at his company.

Actually, in the UK, you don't pay capital gains tax (or get tax losses) on personal cars, so I am highly doubtful your attempted sarcasm is any way relevant.

24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete

25. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    He's referring to the stock market which, we do have capital gain tax on in UK

Coincid likes this.