812 GTS driver feedback please. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 GTS driver feedback please.

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by khal360, Jul 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Just a short sound clip from picking the car up yesterday. A YouTube video doesn’t really tell much but you may be interested.

Bas, Gh21631, Caeruleus11 and 5 others like this.
  2. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Thank you very much for an excellent write up and congratulations on a lovely spec. I was most concerned about the engine tone and the chassis flex, but you put my mind at ease. Right from the beginning I thought this was a keeper and will never be sold, especially with the new noise regulations. It seems that the GTS is a perfect blend of past and present. The only two problems now are waiting through winter for spring delivery and trying to keep my license. Thanks again and happy motoring.

uhn2000 likes this.
  3. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thank you for sharing your detailed initial review with us. Great insights overall especially an unexpected one regarding chasis flex vs the Pista spyder. Would love to hear your thoughts 2-3 months from now.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    @Lukeylikey thanks for taking the time to put together an early review with the proper perspective of what the 812 GTS represents in Ferrari’s history and in today’s lineup. I am very encouraged by your early thoughts and am now even more excited to take delivery of mine. Enjoy in good health!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Thanks for the video of your car. Audio quality aside and limitations on your RPM, it does seem to sound different (a bit muted) than the SF model, but would love to see more of your videos when you can of the car and its driving noise.

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    @Lukeylikely, I compared your clip to a clip I made of my car when it was first delivered and the GTS sounds very similar but definitely the muting of the high frequencies is there as in the F8. I don't think it's a big deal but what I know is that my car has a much different sound when it's under load and accelerating and I think that is probably where the differences might be more notable. In any case, thanks for the nice review. I am sure that anyone who takes delivery will adjust to the new sound.

KenU and Thecadster like this.
  7. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    it sounds awesome. wait till the gpf wears a bit, the sound will improve :)

gliazzurri likes this.
  8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Will be at dealer today so I’m happy to pick it up for you!

Just sayin!

SV

RamsHmb likes this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thank you for that, what paint color did you choose?

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very beautiful and well done spec and write up! Can you let us know the exterior color? It appears to be Silverstone but hard to tell from the pics, the gold wheels are perfect!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

junc and Thecadster like this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Answered on Page 16 in the GTS picture thread at Post #388 >
    It’s called Grigio Isabel. Amazing colour. A mid steel triple grey that looks black on occasion and light grey on others. It’s remarkable. Highly metallic and very reflective in the sun.

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you, very beautiful combination!

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone. It’s a great Ferrari for sure!

Avia11, Caeruleus11, RamsHmb and 2 others like this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Need more pics and videos kind sir.

khal360 and of2worlds like this.
  15. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Here is what I got in the mail today....interesting side note. Good news that I can’t get the car for a week because we are still waiting on (think they have gotten it today) for the US MSRP. Dealer has been great and Ferrari too...just a bit of a delay given CV. Guessing it may be one of the first in the states.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  16. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks! Was tempting...up at sears doing the racing school w my 17 year old...he wanted to get it today and I told him he needs to cool the racing blood before he is allowed to drive it. You see it? And how was the Roma?

17. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    First, saw your machine! A beaut!

Roma was very expressive in the metal! This was in Bianco Italia. Burgundy and Nero interior. Except for colors it was almost my spec for features!

A few more pics.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

RamsHmb and of2worlds like this.
  18. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    Congratulations. Please post video and all your thoughts when possible for all of us that are interested and those who have to wait.

RamsHmb likes this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Here are a few pics (iPhone), as requested, and some POV sounds. Never used full throttle (about 2/3 max) since the car is still running in. Should give an idea of sound with the hood down. Still good with the hood up too. I tried to keep it on the dials so you can work out the revs and gear.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ROMO, Veloce12, tfazio and 15 others like this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thank you for sharing the video. I especially like the last picture of the front fender and hood ( bonnet ) sculpture detail. Beautiful!

Lukeylikey likes this.
  21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I also like the 5th picture, which does the same thing for the rear deck - much more intricate sculpture than I had thought or expected. It’s a really beautiful car. Those days when people seemed to feel the 812 was disappointing to look at seem long gone to me. I never really thought it but now owning two, I have come to really love it with familiarity.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Nice additional pictures. The classy element of the spec is clear. Again good choice with the unique gold wheel and the exterior and the interior fits perfectly.
    There are too many specs trying to do too much and as with many, this just fits perfectly as a whole. Nothing stands out too much. Everything is complementary and the color palettes are not overdone or too multiple. Great tones and matching and contrasting.
    How it should be...

Lukeylikey likes this.
  23. MVP_rf

MVP_rf Rookie

Jun 22, 2019
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ray
    @Lukeylikey your GTS looks absolutely stunning and thanks for the great review. Mine isn’t due until next year (UK also) and I have had some niggling concerns that you have completely blown away - I wish I could get mine tomorrow now!

Lukeylikey likes this.
  24. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James

25. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Thanks for sharing. Those of us that are a few steps behind you are very excited...