Sold - 2005 F430 Coupe w/ GATED shifter - Rosso Corsa/Beige - 13,000 miles - Asking $185k | FerrariChat

Sold 2005 F430 Coupe w/ GATED shifter - Rosso Corsa/Beige - 13,000 miles - Asking $185k

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by boxgrove, Jul 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxgrove

boxgrove Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Private-party listing

Extremely Rare 2005 F430 Coupe with GATED shifter in Rosso Corsa/Beige

VIN
    ZFFEW58A250144284

MILEAGE
    13,000 miles

PRICE
    $185,000

OWNERSHIP
    Clean Title
    California Car

CONDITION
    Original, no accident, no body work
    No aftermarket modifications

MAINTENANCE
    Purchased in 2012 with 11,500 miles
    Full service records since 2012 from Ferrari Silicon Valley
    Last major service done by Ferrari Silicon Valley in July 2018 when the car had 12,300 miles
    Ferrari Silicon Valley repaired all the “Stickies"
    Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S XL installed last July 2018 by Ferrari Silicon Valley
    Everything is complete. Leather folio with manuals, 2 keys, Radio code, Ferrari tool kit etc.

TERMS
    I am an individual, private seller
    Wire transfer preferred
    Willing to accept a swap for a 458 Spider (I can add cash)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 and RWP137 like this.
  2. Testarossa13

Testarossa13 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tony Jr.
    Very nice...Have the manifolds been replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. boxgrove

boxgrove Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    The exhaust system is factory stock. No headers.

4. Testarossa13

Testarossa13 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tony Jr.
    So are the manifolds original MK1’s or MK11 replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. boxgrove

boxgrove Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    I would need to check the service records of the previous owner. Since purchasing in 2012, I had a major service done by Ferrari Silicon Valley. Sorry, I am not an expert on F430's so am unfamliar with the terms MK1 or MK11. I just assumed that if there was anything wrong with the car, Ferrari Silicon Valley would have recommended that I fix it. Service was done in July 2018 when the car had 12,300 miles. Mileage now is 13,000 miles.

6. John VH

John VH Rookie

Jul 25, 2020
    Nice car. Do you have the window sticker or a build sheet that you can post / send?

Vipmn1 likes this.
  7. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Awesome spec looks well taken care off. GLWS!!

8. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Do you have the card with the code for the car?
    How many FOB's?

tfos750 likes this.
  9. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Where was this car when I ordered my prior 488? Just like the one I had and tried to buy back several times. How I miss the three pedals!! GLWS

10. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    to the seller.. the reason you are being asked if the headers were done.. is because the 430 stock headers have very high failure rate due to cracking.
    Mk1/Mk2 are simply the first and 2nd variants of the stock headers, and both crack.

therefore prospective buyers will often want to know/ask if the headers have been replaced with aftermarket upgrade..

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    IMO the 13k miles would be pretty soon to run into a header burn thru problem, unless you were hooning it...???
    If they had the attention to "chase stickies" one would think they would hear a crack header.....:D :D :D

Very nice example, GLWS!

Hell I will call my Credit Union next week.....they did not like my new "self employed" job, though....:D :D

12. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    Not really. Headers can fail very quickly the the F430. Ferrari really screwed up thermal expansion and bolted the aluminum heads, block and transmission to steel manifolds. Instead of giving the exhaust space to expand linearly, it compresses and expands outward causing stress in the headers, leading to holes. Easy fix though as capristo made a kit to suspend the rear of the exhaust and let it move.

Anyway, beautiful car. Had a F430 manual and the clang of that shifter on track was something special. GLWS. Unfortunately, the prices are currently out of my reach.

ScottS likes this.
  13. boxgrove

boxgrove Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Sorry, window sticker and build sheet is not available. Thanks.

14. boxgrove

boxgrove Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Exhaust manifolds were replaced with the updated version by the previous owner.

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Ferrari of SV can get you the build sheet or MODIS.
    The reason this question is asked is because there is at least one car that has been converted from F1 to manual without Current owners knowledge. Although your ownership is prior to the bump in value really. If you are registered on Ferrari.com it will also show the car as manual. A screenshot should work.

So as far as you know this car is original gated six speed? And I would get the build from FSV to assuage any doubt. It impacts the value.

Nice 430. GLWS

16. boxgrove

boxgrove Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Yes. Car in an original gated 6 speed. Will get build sheet.

ScottS likes this.
  17. boxgrove

boxgrove Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    SOLD.

Thank you Ferrari Chat.

Moderators. Please lock thread.

ScottS, technom3 and Bthesixthree like this.