Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 133 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nico on medium's now. Lets he how they compare now.........fun!

2. DF1

Nico defeated in qualy lol. World has stopped turning lol

3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    0.1s from Stroll.

Bas likes this.
  4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Q2 results

Stroll did a 1:26:.501

Hulk did a 1:26.566

Hulk's not far off for not driving a car for 8 months.

stavura, Bas, Flavio_C and 1 other person like this.
  5. DF1

+1 quick car and Nico shows his skill after 8 months. Doesnt say much for Stroll in my opinion. If Nico stays for the next, Id think he could exceed Stroll potentially but this time Stroll was the faster. The race could be different - we shall see.

subirg, stavura, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep, Hulk should evolve after this weekend into next weekend.

7. DF1

Stroll falls back in Q3 and now makes it easier for Nico to catch him. Start will be fun! Lance does have a good starts sometimes. Nico needs to avoid trouble.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #3308 tifosi12, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Nice job by Stroll. He beats Hulk by .7 seconds.

william and pilotoCS like this.
  9. DF1

This was to be a 'given'. This is not a surprise. If you reverse it Im thinking Stroll would not have been as effective. He fell back in Q3 - so not a great qualy to be honest.

Bas likes this.
  10. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Funny how everyone else is afforded excuses while Stroll is denied them at every turn. Oh wait this is the Stroller thread. Never mind no impartiality here :D

tifosi12 and william like this.
  11. DF1

He failed in Q3 and dropped down. I wont give him an excuse. Performance counts. Same for any driver. Im not easy on Vettel either. No reason to be at all. Norris is the young driver Stroll would hope to be. Lance has the faster car on a power circuit and is not P3.

Blame him and or team for that I guess, but he is the driver and failed to keep a good position early in Q3. Perhaps he had an issue but it appeared mostly a poor lap when it needed to be better.

Bas likes this.
  12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Lance qualified 6th and starts on medium tires. All the naysayers just keep looking more and more ridiculous. He’s fighting with the big teams and holding his own, not bad in comparison to the constant negative comments for the second youngest driver in the field. There is more potential for this young man, he’s constantly learning and improving and hopefully has a long career in front of him. Tomorrow should be an interesting start and a great race, can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Nuvolari, william and tifosi12 like this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    • Will Lance improve his position starting 6th?

14. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    He may move up a position if LeClaire gets penalized for his unsafe release in the pits in front of Lance and Riciardo.

15. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Lance was on mediums and hulk was on softs the last stint in Q2, so big difference. Now Lance can start on mediums which will help him in the race.

Terra and tifosi12 like this.
  16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I hope he does.

tifosi12 likes this.
  17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    In before someone says "in last year's dominant car"........

I can root for Lance, but I am still waiting for him to show he is worthy of what his dad is paying out to let him try.

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    As I said, Lance beat Hulk by .7 seconds. Pretty commanding performance.

william likes this.
  19. DF1

He was out qualified by a Mclaren. I will just leave it at that. Thats not nay saying. Thats a fact. His last qualy lap took him off row 2. He is in a much faster car. Norris again, is the driver Lance appears not to be. Sorry. The race might yield a better result and should with CLone Mercedes power. Lance is not a great passer and might lose much time behind a slower car as he has in the recent past.

Second youngest means nothing after 4 years. He is not actually getting younger LOL

stavura and 375+ like this.
  20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Stick Stroll in the black Merc.
    Let's see what happens

21. DF1

Return of the Hulk
    After nine months out of F1, Nico Hulkenberg qualified 13th on his return to Racing Point. By all accounts it was a decent effort for a substitute driver, but a reminder of how costly a positive COVID-19 test will be for any team this year.

Realistically, Racing Point should have been on the second row of the grid, but with Lance Stroll underperforming and Hulkenberg coming up to speed, the pink cars will start sixth and 13th.

"There are lots of areas we didn't get right and we have underperformed today for sure," technical director Andrew Green said. "With Nico, you can expect that, it's day two and he hasn't done that many laps, so he has done a great job to get to where he got to in such a short space of time. But I think with Lance we were definitely expecting a little bit more."
    So thats the team talking about Lance

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/29578172/mercedes-dominating-rivals-falling-short

22. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    In Q3 last time out Lance made an error in the first sector and that’s why Lando and LeClaire are in 4th and 5th and rightly so. But he still out qualified a Ferrari, a Red Bull and the other McLaren, not so bad for a bad lap. The start should be very interesting tomorrow. I predict Lance running in 4th for most of the race.

tifosi12 likes this.
  23. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    They should've called 'Nando. Would like to see what he could pull off in pink year old Mercedes.

DF1 and Bas like this.
  24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    As I Canadian I am VERY happy to see us have drivers in F1. Also as I Canadian I am a little sad is it them two.

pilotoCS likes this.
  25. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    :(:mad::rolleyes: