Auto-fold Door Mirrors when locking? | FerrariChat

Auto-fold Door Mirrors when locking?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cinders, Jul 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cinders

cinders Karting

May 11, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Cindereoony
    Guys,

Is there any way to auto-fold the door mirrors when locking the car? I know it can be done by turning the nob to the 6 'o'clock position.

For example on my Porsche I can just hold the door lock button for 3 seconds and it does this.

If not, maybe it's possible to buy an external module to do this? I've just ordered the module for opening/closing the roof via remote. :)

Thanks,
    Cinders.

2. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You can open and close the roof with the key in the door lock on Cali T.

3. cinders

cinders Karting

May 11, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Cindereoony
    No... really? How, I couldn't find anything in the instructions?

Andrew Pour likes this.
  4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    That would be a really nice feature as I fold mine in every time I pull in to my garage so it’s out of the way but I’m not aware of a Ferrari command built in from factory.

It will require a software update from Ferrari which is not high on their priority list to offer to customers.

I recently installed Mods4Cars roof controller on my Cali T and I like it. No more holding the button down to open or close the roof. Windows down or up are programmable too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. agricultoru

agricultoru Rookie

Apr 14, 2020
    Romania
    I noticed a very frustrating thing on mine. I parked on a narrow road so I decided to fold the mirrors in. I was very surprised to find out they will not fold unless the instrument cluster is on. I mean if the car is turned off completely, they would not fold. I have to turn it off, the use the start button without pressing the break pedal to turn on the instrument cluster, then fold the mirrors. And the I got out of the car and it would not lock! I was completely stunned by that, I was also in hurry, so I said forget it, I unfolded the mirrors and then it locked. I mean on every car I had for the last 15 years there was the option to fold the mirrors using the remote, not on the Portofino.

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I hear you.....

It’s a simple programming the software. I don't know why Ferrari didn't think of it.

You can request a software update from Ferrari and either it will be ignored, denied or they'll charge a $6K fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I am looking to buy a 2021 Porto but I keep seeing features that I use every day on a MB SL550 that were there 5 years ago. Doesn't Ferrari look at the competition.

1) auto opening and closing of the boot.
    2) Auto folding of the mirrors
    3) A 4 year warranty
    4) Able to open/close the roof while pushing on the key fob
    5) 2 cupholders.
    6) Auto opening of the trunk when you stick your foot under the bumper

Some of this may seem "meh" but they are creature comforts you get use to and expect for $275K +