2020 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 58 | FerrariChat

2020 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Get in there Lewis!

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  3. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Seemingly racing towards a seventh successive double, Daniel Ricciardo says rivals shouldn’t be “bitter” about Mercedes’ dominance and rather use it as “fuel” to do better.

After three races of the 2020 season it already looks as if Mercedes are on course for a seventh consecutive championship double, having dominated F1 since 2014.

Lewis Hamilton is leading the Drivers’ standings ahead of his team-mate Valtteri Bottas, the Brit already 30 points ahead of the best-placed non-Mercedes driver, Max Verstappen.

Over in the Constructors’, Mercedes has more than double the points of second-placed Red Bull and could extend that advantage this Sunday at the British Grand Prix.

The new F1 2020 game is out now! Order for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Hamilton and Bottas will start the race from the front row of the grid, Mercedes’ third front row lock out in four races, with Hamilton’s pole position time a full second quicker than Verstappen in third.

Mesmerising

Come onboard @LewisHamilton’s W11 for his record-breaking Pole lap at the #BritishGP pic.twitter.com/mgu0xN2dNf

— Mercedes-AMG F1 (@MercedesAMGF1) August 1, 2020

Mercedes’ dominance is proving frustrating for its rivals who had hoped to at least close the gap this season only for Mercedes to extend it.

Ricciardo says rivals should doff their hats to Mercedes, especially when then Brackley squad comes up with innovations such as its Dual Axis Steering, DAS, system.

“I feel like I’ve always been on the side of taking my hat off to them and putting the [onus] on everyone else to find what they’re doing and to work a little harder or in another direction,” the Renault driver said via RaceFans.net.

“Even the DAS system, I think, when I saw that in winter testing, I was very complimentary because they have the ability to be the most complacent team on the grid yet I feel they are the least complacent.

“This is this is the bar that they’ve set and they keep moving.

“So it’s admirable, it’s frustrating as competitors, but I really hope for everyone, for all the teams, it’s just more fuel for the fire and [they’ll] just dig a little deeper to find some answers.

“I won’t lie, it still is frustrating to see such performance. But all you can do is take your hat off to them, really.

“You can’t be bitter, they are doing a great job.”

But while Ricciardo may doff his hat to Mercedes, Toto Wolff concedes his team is “not making a lot of new friends” with its dominance.

For the second time in four race weekends, the Mercedes driver on pole position was more than a second faster than the fastest non-Mercedes car.

That’s an 8th consecutive pole at Silverstone for the Team and career Pole No. 91 for @LewisHamilton!! #BritishGP pic.twitter.com/XH0tIpLJMW

— Mercedes-AMG F1 (@MercedesAMGF1) August 1, 2020

“I think when you look at sports teams and their success, when it kind of tails off and goes, that’s when you start to get complacent,” Wolff told Channel 4.

“Also that happens when you started taking things for granted or when the team dissipates. We are all aligned, have the same values and objectives, and we want to stay together.

“But this [success] is no guarantee for the future.

“I guess with this kind of performance we are not making a lot of new friends, so we are getting attacks from every front, everything is being questioned, and that’s another fight we need to sustain.

“But I guess you would rather have that then people having pity for you.”

Follow all the action from the British Grand Prix with the PlanetF1 live centre

4. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    Says the man hoping they will give him a good engine next year..

5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  7. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Honestly, Hamilton has to be the luckiest driver in the history of motor racing.
    Another couple of corners and he was toast.

And Hulkenberg must be one of the unluckiest!

What a shame Red Bull didn’t leave Max out - would have been an easy win.

Geez Ferrari are poor. :(

8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You're assuming max wouldn't have suffered the same tyre problem as bottas and Hamilton

9. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Correct, but his tyres didn't look nearly as bad.

10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I forgot you're an expert lol

11. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks. Try not to forget it again...

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Don't worry, Brian, I remember everything.

Steve355F1 likes this.
  13. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
  14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Horner keeps hope: "Next week it will be warmer and Mercedes will be slower"

Oh look....a flying pig.

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    He qualified 8th by the way

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Kevin Magnussen opted against taking a knee during F1's anti-racism protest at the British Grand Prix, joining the six Formula One drivers who have done so since the beginning of the season.

F1 gave its drivers an allocated moment ahead of the race to make a statement against racism in whichever way they saw fit. It followed a video montage of all the drivers speaking to the camera about their commitment to the anti-racism movement, which all 20 drivers have signaled their support of.
    Thirteen drivers took a knee, while Haas driver Magnussen joined Charles Leclerc, Max Verstappen, Kimi Raikkonen, Antonio Giovinazzi, Daniil Kvyat and Carlos Sainz in standing. That group of six stayed standing at the Austrian Grand Prix at the start of July.
    Nineteen drivers wore an "End Racism" shirt, while reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton, F1's only Black driver, wore a shirt saying "Black Lives Matter."
    F1 drivers have been split on the meaning of the kneeling gesture and its links to the Black Lives Matter organisation rather than simply being an anti-racism symbol. Magnussen had knelt in Austria, although he said he was not doing so specifically in support of Black Lives Matter, but rather the anti-racism movement.
    The Silverstone protest went by smoothly, a stark contrast to the rushed and disorganised effort ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix.
    After that race, Hamilton criticised F1 and racing's governing body, the FIA, for not taking the lead on the protests and leaving them to the Grand Prix Drivers' Association to organise. As a result, F1 opened the pit-lane 40 minutes ahead of the race instead of 30, effectively giving more time for the pre-race formalities.
    GPDA directors Romain Grosjean and Sebastian Vettel said they are committed to F1 continuing its anti-racism protests throughout the season. Grosjean has said he hopes one day to have all 20 drivers on the same page on the issue of taking the knee

18. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
  19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    A bewildered Sebastian Vettel was at a loss to explain his struggles in Sunday's British Grand Prix, the Ferrari driver finishing a lowly 10th and over 20 seconds behind teammate Charles Leclerc.
    Vettel never made any progress from his P10 starting position on the grid, running rather anonymously all afternoon in the second tier of the midfield.
    The German driver said he never felt confident in his car but was hard pressed to understand why, suggesting that something just didn't add up.

"The car was very difficult to drive," he said. "I struggled a lot to find my confidence and I don't know why, so we need to have a good look.
    "But certainly, you know if I struggled for so many laps in the race, and it was from the beginning to the end, then there's something that probably doesn't stack up.
    "It was not a very stressful race. I just didn't have a chance. People around me were faster than me. I got overtaken. It was very difficult to manage myself to stay on track.
    "Physically it was not a tough race at all because I could never attack the car. It didn't allow me to do what I like so.
    "Now we need to have a look why and obviously we have the next weekend so we can try and do better."

Scuderia boss Mattia Binotto said the Italian outfit would dig deep into the data to try and understand the issues impacting Vettel's car.
    "If you look at our race today, at least on Sebastian's side, it was a difficult race. On his car, we can do a lot more," Binotto told Channel 4.
    "He lost some track time on Friday, which was not helping. But he was never confident with the car this weekend, so there is a lot of data to look at, to try to understand and to address it.
    "So while eventually on Charles we will look at the data, and try to optimise and let's see what we can do, there is much to do on Sebastian."

20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  21. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia