FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX-->RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 12 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX-->RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Aug 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Racing Point team boss Otmar Szafnauer has confirmed a sheared bolt within his power unit was the reason for Nico Hulkenberg’s non-start at the Formula 1 British Grand Prix.

Hulkenberg was set to start his first race since the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in November last year but a broken part meant he was unable to take to the grid at Silverstone.

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Seb is basically a tourist at this point. He's not even phoning it in.

TurboFreak650 and 375+ like this.
  3. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Double the championship points too.

4. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Are Mercedes just that good that they will start on yellows and go to whites next week?

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Kimi too, they've lost their mojo.

TurboFreak650 likes this.
  6. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    He's enjoying his on track retirement.

7. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Whas puzzling to me is Charles driving the "boat anchor" to a podium position and declaring he was happy with the car, whilst Seb had so much trouble
    It just confirms what others here said that the car better be of Seb's liking or he wont perform, while Charles (Alonso and others) will extract everything from a bad car.

375+ and Giallo 550 like this.
  8. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
  9. DF1

'Take what you can get it' -- appears lol

10. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Just like with EVERY driver that is departing the Scuderia..... They will get all the "bad luck" and a suddenly slower car... :(

Bas likes this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    "issues" in FP 1, 2 and 3. Very little track time. Car undrivable. You see that car was all over the place.

A 4x WDC does not forget how to drive. Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but at this moment I can only conclude one thing, and that is sabotage. Leclerc looked pretty bad in Hungary...it would look bad if the guy they unceremoniously ousted from the team starts beating their golden child, won't it? In Austria Vettel's car looked all over the place from saturday onwards.

Ferrari can't lose doing what I suspect they are doing. They're not in the running for any title, race wins or hardly any podiums unless all hell breaks lose up front. So to see their golden child do better than a 4x wdc by any means necessary is only good for them.

Finlander and Jakuzzi like this.
  12. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Yeah yeah yeah I spoke too soon. Next time I’ll speak up earlier and get our dudes on the podium again lol

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I stopped watching the race after the 1st SC ended and the Mercs pulled a 3 second gap in 2 sectors (laps not sectors) over Verstappen, and Verstappen pulled a huge gap over the Fiat in a similar amount of time...but unless Red Bull have a crystal ball, what is wrong with their call exactly? They couldn't predict Lewis' tyre going as well. With the information they had they made the right call. Simple as that.

ricksb likes this.
  14. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    There are dozens of instances where SV forgot how to drive. Ferrari are not sabotaging his car. He simply has given up.

jcurry likes this.
  15. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It was the right call. No one can forecast flat tires.

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lol no.

Albon looked good pre F1. In toro Rosso he was nothing special, just double checked results and out of the 12 races he did against Kvyat, he only finished ahead 3 times. He did a better job than Gasly in the Red Bull but nothing spectacular. It was an early promotion, and RBR hasn't got much to lose yet with non-challenging cars.

Red Bull has a Verstappen problem. He is as fast as he looks. So just about any driver sitting next to him looks average. Even Ricciardo started to look lost in 2018. And then you have the problem of acquiring drivers to sit next to Verstappen...most really good ones are tied up already, or command much larger salaries, or, simply, do not want to sit next to Verstappen because a poor performance can be a career killer. Finally, having their own young driver program and an entire team just for that program, is rendered useless if they don't pick one of their own.

17. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I wonder if Red Bull will soon have a different Verstappen problem. He is driving the wheels off that car, but can't touch the Mercs. I wonder if his eye will begin to wander.

Bas likes this.
  18. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Crazy part of the MB cars destroying everyone is they are doing it in detuned trim. Who knows how fast those cars are wicked all the way up.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So long Lil Lewis says no to Verstappen being his teammate, that problem is not Red Bull's yet.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Max will have to wait for Lewis to retire ...George R is next up. However by then another 'Max' will probably pop up from somewhere and race alongside George.

ricksb and Terra like this.
  21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not many Max's about.

Smyrna355Spider likes this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't know when it will happen, but it seems most likely right now. If Albon's performances keep up like this he won't see the end of the year. Sad to say as I think he's a likeable chap.

I think Vettel to Tracing Point is most likely. I'd like to see him with Max but doubt it'll happen.

23. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    As I recall from years past, Hulk was good at car set-up, but lacked performance in the race.

24. DF1

They already are. HIs father will make sure of that. Red Bull are not closing the gap and Max has a nice impatient element in him. Quite normal as ambitious as Max and his father are.

25. DF1

A good plan! :)