For Sale - 2020 Corvettes | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2020 Corvettes

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Jul 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I notice poor guys at AMG USA are getting a tough time here on all of their sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    They seem to have some nice cars here lately

Vipmn1 and arizonaitalian like this.
  3. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    yes, they always seem to have all the hard to find cars

Vipmn1 likes this.
  4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    As a proud marine who served in the Korean conflict, Dad would only buy American. His loved his Chrysler and Buick cars, and it was a shame how Buick marketed their vehicles to an older, mainly white US depression-era targeted audience.

They would start with an astronomical, exorbitant price, then apply ‘discounts’ accordingly. Dad came home from the dealer after one purchase almost gushing. He showed me the paperwork, my jaw dropped and it was all I could do to keep my mouth shut.

I think it was a Park Avenue, and the starting price of the car was north of $ 50k. For a Buick. Then they applied the senior citizens discount, AARP discount, military discount, retired executive discount, etc.,etc. Dad was in heaven! He’d gotten the deal of the century in his mind.

Poor fella, he didn’t realize he’d been fleeced from the get-go. Right at the top and perfectly legal. He could have bought a space shuttle for the initial selling price. Great marketing skills by GM.

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    I am sure the new owner is very happy. Congrats.

JSinNOLA and LARRYH like this.
  6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    So, as a dealer you ordered the Corvettes from this Chevrolet dealer? Why doesn't the Chevrolet dealer just mark them up themselves?

Jakuzzi, Stentboy and GuyIncognito like this.
  7. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I don’t know why anyone would give AMG a hard time. Ferrari owners have been getting bent over by dealers for quite some time and they say “thank you very much.” He has a car that is a “hot commodity” right now and it makes good business sense to sell it at a premium. Nobody’s forcing anyone to buy it. If you don’t like the price move on. Simple.​

Adamas, JSinNOLA, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    It’s fascinating because he actually doesn’t have the cars. I’m just amazed that GM allows this within the dealer sales & service agreements. No argument with markups and I don’t believe in any such thing as price gouging, even during emergencies. There are only prices. And high prices, even during emergencies allows goods and services to rapidly go where they are needed the most.

Gotta order some vettes!

Jakuzzi and Texas Forever like this.
  9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Before I forget, I think the new Corvette is an amazing machine, all of the performance without $500 oil changes. Congrats and enjoy in good health to all that get one!

LARRYH and of2worlds like this.
  10. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    #35 jjmalez, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    I think I just saw one on the road today. :eek: First thought was a Ferrari.

This is GM's equivalent of Porsche's Boxster.

Game changer.

IMHO

greg328 likes this.
  11. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yup, I was on the fence "when" I would buy one until I saw my first in the wild. Went home and put a grand down on a slot that comes up in April. America's hypercar, no excuses, no asterisks. I'm in.

12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    There are haters out there but this thing is a supercar, full stop. Congrats, and share your spec when finished!

anunakki, jjmalez and greg328 like this.
  13. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This is the current plan. I'd rather Zeus Bronze but my son's having none of it. I think bronze looks great but I also always wanted an orange race car, so I guess that's what it'll be. LT3, natural interior, every possible CF option, skipping Z51 to avoid the wing, but if we can override and do the Z51 without the wing, I will.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This was my first choice but warming up to the orange. I'd still probably take this first, swap the two tone interior for natural dipped, body color exterior accents. Thinking about the carbon flash metallic racing stripe but on the fence.

View attachment 2983102

Attached Files:

thecarreaper, Graz and anunakki like this.
  15. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    IMHO the car looks best in black. I saw a matte black one on the road yesterday. Amazing spec.

16. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    To each his own. I hate black. I wouldn't even have black interior accents on the orange build if I didn't need some transition from the orange to the natural tan. That's another override I'm hoping to make. I want black accents that are visible from the exterior like the dash so the tan doesn't clash with the orange but nothing else.

17. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Great looking car!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

308 milano and jjmalez like this.
  18. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Exactly! Clean looks better. The car is busy enough it doesn't need the bling and it's silly to pretend I would ever do anything with that car where the wing would make any difference at all. No poser here. I know I can't drive for ****.

Hubs348, Manda racing and Face76 like this.
  19. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think its rude to come to this thread and criticize his price. When did Capitalism become a bad thing?

Jasonberkeley, Gman, efg2014 and 6 others like this.
  20. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I was ac
    I've seen those aftermarket winglets for sale. Not a fan.

21. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Hawkeye ...interestingly I have a copy of the poster that is your avatar signed by both winning drivers (original poster and signatures ) I thought that looked familiar it has been hanging in my garage for years I bought it maybe 15 years ago not for sale but cool

Hawkeye likes this.
  22. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Orange looks great.

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ironic that a bunch of Ferrari guys are complaining about Corvette prices.

RedNeck, JAM1, JSinNOLA and 5 others like this.
  24. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    #50 jeffdavison, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    not the price.... the market place additional "fee" over suggested retail exploiting a scarcity and peoples desire to "have it now" above and beyond what a normally fair "price" would have been if a middleman advantage taker wouldn't have stepped in. Profit is good, but profit with no value added and outside an authorized dealership support structure is really taking advantage of a situation, but each party (buyer and seller) are adults and can make up their own minds and agree if the "deal" is a good one or if a deal is fair or not.