Did anyone see the Stella Bianca at the beginning of the GP? | FerrariChat

Did anyone see the Stella Bianca at the beginning of the GP?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Longstone Tyres, Aug 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

I wondered if anyone noticed the Pirelli Stella Bianca that was on display behind the singer of the National Anthem. That is Pirelli celebrating their history and making some important tyres that were used back in the 1950s.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/pirelli-collezione/stella-bianca.html

I couldn't see it clearly enough, but that also might have been the new size we have coming.

We currently have the 6.00V16 Stella Bianca, for most of the 1950s sports cars. I don't just mean Ferrari, that size was fitted by 1950s Alfa, Riley, Alvis, Daimler, Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Maserati, etc. pretty much all the good stuff of the 1950s. so a size well worth making first.

What really gets my motor revving is pre war cars. 1920s Frazer Nash are my real thing. In fact i'm thrashing one up Shelsely Walsh on Saturday. The other pre war stuff that floats my boat is late 1920s Maserati straight 8 double overhead cam super charged engines that are so increadibly beautifully built and sound fabulouse when you rev them. Then of course their are the Alfa's where our freind Mr Ferrari really cut his teath, the point of this waffle is that Pirelli are making a 550-18 Stella Bianca for these gorgeous 20's 30's cars.

I don't have much detail yet, i should be getting the soon.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Pirelli really lost face yesterday with all these tire failures, let's see what analysis conclusions we get.

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what tires failures? when you drive too long then the tire will get damaged, also it is a question of how you drive. remember: it is racing, not normal street driving

4. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    If you run too much adverse camber to give you the whole foot print in the bends, then on the straights when you are going really fast it completely knackers the enside edge of your tyre.

if it was one tyre failure, you could say that was a faulty tyre, when it is something like what happened at the weekend there is something else afoot.