Fender panel differences between 360 Mondena & CS ? | FerrariChat

Fender panel differences between 360 Mondena & CS ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by gtwhaley, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hey team Fchat! Can someone help me to understand the differences between the actual fenders on a 360 Modena versus the ones on a Challenge Stradale?

For example, assuming that we are comparing the 360 Modena "small shield" version, part# 65924911 to the 360 Challenge Stradale part# 67495211. From a parts illustration perspective, they look exactly the same. However, I was told that the CS fender requires some welding to the chassis for increased rigidity and that the CS fender is only available from direct dealers.

If they were actually the same specifications, then I'd expect that the part numbers would also be the same. But if they are really different, then I would like to understand:
    1. What if any, are the physical differences between these two fender panels?
    2. Are they close enough from a mounting perspective that they could be interchangeable?
    3. If the CS version is actually welded to the car, does anyone have the weld locations?
    When I looked at the components that the fender attaches to such as the upper moulding (part# 65393111) and the lower side frame (part# 66202411), those part numbers are identical across the Modena, CS & Challenge.

And I suppose that while I am here, in comparing the 360 fender to that of the F430, are they identical with the exception of the headlight opening?

I would appreciate any positive feedback on this.

Thanks,
    Greg

2. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Is there a way for me to correct my spelling error in the title? "Modena" If not, can a mod please do that? My apologies. Thanks!

3. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    CS has the same shields as Modena, fenders are the same only CS has reassesses for the shields and show a option for for the Modena

4. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  5. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  6. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    They change the part numbers some times

7. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Fenders are welded to the center support and glued on the rear of the fenders to the sub frame. May I ask what are you wanting to do ?

8. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    also... another difference (i believe) the CS arches (lip on inside of front fender) are rolled as the CS is lower, so that tire doesnt rub... but not a parts difference.

RANDY6005 likes this.