Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

For me this shows how strong the Mercedes engine has been. The Ferrari engine needed not so legal 'enhancements' to compete it seems?

paulchua and william like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That's completely wrong for a start.

Graham Hill's aircrash that killed him and most of his team left the family pennyless. His mother Betty Hill faced massive liability after sevaral victims' family sued Graham's estate. Furthermore Damon's father had borrowed money to support his new F1 team. The family had to sold their house in North London, and each member had to start working. Betty declared bankruptcy and resumed typing jobs, whilst Damon renounced his further education ambition to take on a labourer job in the building trade. Later, he became despatch rider in London, and was lent an old Yamaha to race. He was 21 when he had his first bike race at a club meeting at Brands hatch. He later financed himself a course in a racing school, and switched to 4 wheel after a while. He started his career as a tester, being hired by privaters to set up their cars. I think he had his first car race at 24. That's hardly the path of someone who benefited from parental influence over his career.

Damon Hill did everything the hard way, like his father who took his driving license at 24!

Senna1994 and Nuvolari like this.
  3. DF1

Thank you for the insight. A very difficult situation to make work for F1 dreams.

4. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I wonder how sad Seb will really be to leave Ferrari after (or even during) this year. Yes, he'll be in a photocopied, green-hued Merc next year, but that's not a bad place to be right now. It's a good car, he'll have an opportunity to race, and he'll be away from the Ferrari circus.

500tr likes this.
  5. DF1

Im not sympathetic to him at all. He chased Ferrari and left Red Bull than face competition. He made his own bed and failed and now released. The circus is worth it. For legacy, experience and wealth. So he should pay Ferrari back lol. Sounds like he wanted to keep driving for them. They decided he had done enough for what he was paid. Or what he didnt do mostly lol.

ingegnere and paulchua like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Where did I mention money? I said name.
    And u had 0 counter argument on both button and hill’s performances. Like 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, the mother of Damon Hill moved some contacts she knew from the old days of Graham to help him, so it's obvious that the name did help. Not so much as Stroll or Latifi but it helped.

Anyway Damon got spanked by BOTH Schumachers and by his replacement at Williams, HH Frentzen. So... yeah, a champion, but...meh, who cares.

8. DF1

ingegnere likes this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Vettel's future: from red to pink. Paved road towards Aston Martin

All clues lead to pink. The negotiation between Sebastian Vettel and Racing Point has been going on for a long time, the first contacts were more than two months ago, and the plan was to announce the signing of the German at the turn of the two Silverstone races. The basis of the agreement has basically been decided for some time, but it was necessary to establish (and monetize) the role that Vettel hadhe would have been the new Aston Martin brand ambassador in Formula 1, which will give the team its name from 2021. Well, the commercial details of the contract should now also be in place. But in the meantime Sergio Perez, the pilot destined to be replaced by Vettel, contracted the coronavirus and was forced to skip a GP. So the team, for reasons of delicacy, could postpone the announcement of the engagement of Vettel and the separation from the Mexican, which has been a pillar in recent seasons bringing sponsors (about 15 million per year) and results.
    private meeting-

However, Lawrence Stroll's team has decided to turn the page for the future. With the support of Mercedes and ever-increasing ambitions. The arrival of a sample titled as Vettel is part of this design. And it was inevitable to sacrifice Checo, taking advantage of the termination clauses in his contract. “If I were a pilot's dad I would never kick my son. The choice, in case someone has to go away, is obvious, ”said Perez referring to having Lance Stroll, the owner's son, as a teammate. Recently, Racing Point team principal Otmar Szafnauer had come out of the closet admitting the existence of the negotiation: "We are interested in Vettel". After Sunday's race, another clue added:the Ferrari driver was seen getting on the Szafnauer car to probably go to a meeting at the team headquarters, which is located right next to the Silverstone racetrack.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/05-08-2020/f1-futuro-vettel-aston-martin-380939948700.shtml&prev=search&pto=aue

10. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
  11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Seb will be a high priced driving coach for Stroller. Thanks daddy.

ingegnere likes this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Like Massa?? :eek:

stavura, ingegnere, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Haha Ferrari driving academy.

paulchua, DF1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  14. DF1

Yes. The team is about 1 driver. Vettel is a showpiece and by default a coach. Can you imagine the parties of the family when Stroll beats him even in qualy lol :)

15. DF1

Appears that way. I feel for Vettel. Stroll on record saying he learned zero from Massa. Pathetic if true. Massa responded strongly in the press. Even if they never really spoke, observationally Stroll should have seen/learned something.

375+ likes this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It is horrible for me to watch, but I do think Ferrari did take advantage of the flow fuel sensor 'hack.' I think they are paying for this move now and next season.

jgonzalesm6, ingegnere and DF1 like this.
  17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    zygomatic likes this.
  18. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    He’s still gonna suck when it counts.

I guess Toto and Merc forgave him for smashing into HAM in Baku under safety car. As usual, all these unsportsmanlike incidents involving hired hands remain attached to Ferrari while the real perpetrators—long gone—are afforded a revisionist version of reality.

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think your saying Stroller will still suck or are you saying Vettel ...?

The Baku incident while I do not agree with Vettel’s action I think it was blown way out of proportion. A rubber tire bumped against another rubber tire. No damage was done to either car. If Vettel wanted to cause damage or was out of control he would have damaged the cars. The issue is his motivation for bumping tires. I can empathize with him if Hamdashian slowed intentionally to catch him out during safety car. I’d be angry too.

stavura, 375+ and Igor Ound like this.
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I meant Vettel will still suck - even with a year-old Merc. “I can’t get into a rhythm...”

Stroll will stay Stroll. What can Vettel teach him - how to go backwards in qualifying or how to spin when under pressure?

Regarding the Baku incident, my point was that from Merc, HAM and the press, you’d think Vettel committed murder yet here he’s getting the benefit of revisionist history with of course Ferrari being the bad guy kicking him out for no reason (!!) and treating their drivers unfairly.

crinoid likes this.
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m very tired of the way the press treats Ferrari. They are being screwed by the FIA ergo Mercedes and the press constantly forces Ferrari into the roll of the villain.

22. DF1

Ferrari are full of well paid, educated adults. If they cannot release better 'messaging' and affect the narrative. They get what they deserve. They have the resources and simply do not operationally or politically seem as effective as others. Ferrari is the problem. Not anyone else. Somehow they were caught and had to re-design parts of the PU, coupled with poor aero 'correlation' and we have this situation. They did this by themselves, alone.

paulchua likes this.
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Bias much ?

Igor Ound and Jakuzzi like this.
  24. DF1

None - as a Ferrari fan they need to adjust and improve. I hope they do but they are the problem not any other team.

paulchua likes this.
  25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ok.

stavura, ingegnere and Igor Ound like this.