SCUD pricing guide | Page 99 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Speciale is alot of money given how good a regular 458 is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LARRYH and f355spider like this.
  2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I second this, hard to justify the 2x multiple. Also, possibly worth noting the Italia is still a Pininfarina design, but the Speciale isn’t.

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    458 with a full novitec and a mase tune wld be ideal.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Compeltely agree. There are a lot of 488-Pista-F8 fans though who think that car sounds good....but just like 720 and 600, pretty tame and gets boring quickly. All great cars, just serving different purposes.

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    someone in the pista section just described his upgraded exhaust as a “shrill”...blames phone, but plenty of turbo whistling and raspiness captured...I was left scratching my head...

6. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #2456 DeTomasoGTS74, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    The Scud and the 430 are two very different vehicles. And somebody wanted to buy one as my new to me Scud now sits next to my Aston Martin Vantage.

Just like the 430 and the Scud are very different, so too is the Vantage to the Scud.

I purchased the Scud for some of the same reasons mentioned above. Test drove many newer and faster sports cars that didn’t stir the soul and left me feeling uninvolved.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

f355spider likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    09 Scud on bat if anyone is looking for one

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  9. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
  10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    What's up with that? I thought they all had the CF wheel with shift lights.

LARRYH and Flea7 like this.
  11. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    One of the previous owners posted that the mannetino failed and the steering wheel had to be replaced. He opted not to spring for the original version with the shift lights due to cost.

Flea7 likes this.
  12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    WTF?!

Flea7 likes this.
  13. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    Actually, my bad. I misread. It was originally spec’d without it and the owner opted not to add it when the steering wheel failed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #2464 f355spider, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    My bad then. I have seen euro 430 Scuderias without the led steering wheel, but I assumed all the North American ones had it, as I thought they all came that way here...apparently not?
    Never seen it on the option list or as a delete though, wild anyone would not want the LED wheel

15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I have seen two other Scuderias in the past 8 or so years without the shift light wheel.....they both sat and sat.....

17. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

I think the lack of the wheel did keep some bidders out of the game. That wheel is kind of an iconic aspect of the car, and missing it is a bummer and of course stupid money to purchase. People in the market for a low mile scud are going to want that wheel. For people (like me) that are simply looking for a cheap entry point its not a big deal at all, but such folks are not in the market for an 11-k mile car.

18. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I really don’t like this bling bling steering wheel, completely annoying these flashes. I prefer to listen to the engine speed or to check the beautiful rev counter in the middle of the instrument panel. Yep, I‘m one of these guys who is willing to pay an extra for a Scud without this „iconic“ wheel.

maxhubris likes this.
  19. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

I actually agree with you. I find it distracting and it tends to make me shift at 6k rpm which is super early in this car!

redcaruser likes this.
  20. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I agree with that not sure about 10k but a red 09 scuderia is about the highest value the 09s all had the carbon fiber package and I thought the steering wheel but i guess it could have been opted out. the 11k miles is low enough but had it been under 10k miles might have bought a little more .. but this looked like a nice car.....for those that do not like the light they can be turned off but you still had the carbon fiber wheel which most like...

21. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    +1 totally on the money

AND

even though I personally don't mind the becker+stereo hardware delete, I'm sure most folks do mind and retrofitting all that stuff is a pain in the butt.

22. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I was always under impression that a try radio delete from factory was unique and worth more .. especially with that expensive CF faceplate

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I would go as far to the steering wheel turned away potential buyers.

24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    It’s an alcantara plate, pretty inexpensive. All the wiring looms, labor and hardware for a stereo retrofit would easily cost more...

25. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #2475 flash32, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Mine is CF ..all wiring is still there including front speakers .. no sub woofer and no radio

Here is a pic of cover .. window sticker said 971 dollars

Maybe different options

I wasn't really talking about real cost but was talking about like everything else "ferrari" ..some options as ridiculous as there are are mor collectable or desirable. I was under impression that since it was rare to see a CF delete it was desirable .. again just thought I heard that and of course I am bias ..:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk