6 Speed Conversion | Page 8 | FerrariChat

6 Speed Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by rsmitchell10, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DCAT

DCAT Rookie

Sep 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cataldo
    Thanks for tor the update and congrats on building the car you wanted. Very attractive upgrade to me, I saw the other thread that is also alive at the moment and there appears to be a lot of interest in this conversion, EAG should just publicize an installed price so folks just stop guessing, isn’t like there would likely be any variables since most of the cars should be all the same install. Best of luck and enjoy.

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i ordered my aftermarket kit after reading your post! aftermarket is def the way to go as a converted car will never be as collectible as an original but i value collectability at zero.

Need4Spd and one4torque like this.
  3. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I’d love to see some photos of the more complex parts like the shift turret and the gearbox control plate, if anyone has any? It’s one thing making solid object like a pedal or a gear gate, but it’s a step up in complexity making an assembly of moving part. Be curious to see what bearings etc it employs. Factory cars just use bronze bushings, so there’s clearly room to improve with roller bearings and a more rigid structure.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i dont have pics but that's exactly what EAG claims. at 10K cheaper its a no brainer.

mathewr likes this.
  5. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    I took pics of the car while everything was torn apart and in assembly process but committed that I wouldn't post anything that might compromise their process. I think they have a standard labor cost associated with the conversion...mine just varied because of some of the other work I had them do. The fit, finish and craftsmanship is great and, so far, the function is superb.

6. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I’m confused... you’re not keen on sharing photos because you don’t want to compromise EAG’s IP?

I can’t sort of see the sensitivity around the price you paid due to the unique work you had done, but I’m struggling to get my head around what might be secret about the process of installing the parts. Apologies if I’ve misunderstood.

7. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

There's nothing to compromise. I posted the conversion On this forum that I did on my own car before EAG even started anything. You can search the forum. Its back in 2017 when I did it. After I did it, Art contacted me for info on how to

Bundy, f355spider, mwstewart and 2 others like this.
  8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  9. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Yep thats me

LightGuy likes this.
  10. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    They asked me not to post the pics of the conversion work they were doing. Whether the pics I have constitutes compromising their IP I can't say but since I promised not, I'll honor the promise made. Looks like the above link provides all the pics you might be interested in.

Need4Spd likes this.
  11. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Well that just amuses me. Fully understand you need to honor your promise, but the request from them is a bit daft. There's some clever stuff they will have figured out regarding the electronics/coding, but the mechanical stuff is just unbolting parts and bolting new ones on. I mean, they're selling kits now, so presumably the kits come with a pictorial installation guide?

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The eag guys have been an open book. Just call them and ask if you are interested in learning about the aftermarket kit.

Bundy and Performify like this.
  13. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    Not my place to question their business practices unless illegal or negatively impacts the work I have them do for me. As ttforcefed says, they were very open in discussing the work and answering all my questions but since I'm not mechanical my focus was on cost, fit and function...all of which worked well for me. As a client, I'm satisfied.

14. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Glad to hear it, and I’m honestly not having a go at you. It’s their business of course, but in my humble opinion, they would be better served being a bit more open with photos of the parts and the installation. I’ve spoken with Art before, and in spite of some unsavoury rumours, I truly wish him well in his endeavours to bring gated cars to more people out there.

15. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    No problem at all. I've read some of the rumors and wouldn't presume to speak to another's interaction or perceptions but Art and EAG did well by me. In fact, he just sent me all of my F1 parts nicely cleaned and labeled.

Texas Forever likes this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what rumors are you guys referencing - did he try and molest any of the parts?

17. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    I’ve gone ahead and ordered an aftermarket kit from EAG too. They said 4-6 weeks for delivery. Very excited!

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    to sweden? nice.
    are you the real Zlatan???

Zed82 likes this.
  19. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Yep. To Sweden. No I’m not Ibrahimovic. ;)

brogenville likes this.
  20. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    Awesome, I am debating ordering as well. Let us know if they include instructions.

21. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Will do. I haven’t got any answer for a couple of days now. I hope they get back soon.

22. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    For anyone who wants to know more about EAG and conversions...they did well by me!

LightGuy, Performify and one4torque like this.
  23. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I wish dan normal guy would take his project car to cota pre and post swap.... post up driving impressions. Just a selfish request -/)))

extra points if he can get the likes of pobst to pilot the beast!

24. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I assume the knob is a symbolic relic because reverse is in the wrong place for a 599.

Interesting that EAG is preparing an aftermarket kit for this project. I wonder if they actually have a full OEM package?

25. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    I am interested in a manual conversion for the future. The EAG prices seem to be a bit on the high side, but if they are the only option, then I suppose there isn't much room to debate them.