Murray Walker: Hamilton Better Than Senna, Schumi | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Murray Walker: Hamilton Better Than Senna, Schumi

Discussion in 'F1' started by ingegnere, Aug 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    1. A champion is a champion. Don't try to be slick and introduce different scenarios.
    2. They both were still in their prime when Hamilton beat them down

DGPF and william like this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m not really slick... Simply correcting your inaccurate statement. I think if you started getting into racing you may like it. Hamdashian actually started in F1 back in 2007 and F1 has been around since 1950. You should check it out. Back then cars had engines in FRONT wow!!

CRG125 likes this.
  3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    That was cute ;-)

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Hey why don’t you educate us all about Formula E.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U skipped almost all of what I told u and changed ur initial point.
    As far as I know when Senna won Nelson piquer was also around.
    Did u see what Schumacher did in 94? What did hi teammate end up? And I dislike Schumacher he was a ******.
    Hamilton is good. U don’t win 7 times out of luck.to say he is better than
    Those guys? Try driving their f1 cars without assistance and manual. That’s much harder. Not to say the guys nowadays are not talented but when u see the age and ease they have to drive those cars out of puberty should tell u something.
    Again Hamilton is a good driver; u do different things in different era.
    He also got beat by multiple world champion in the same car (button and rosberg). Senna was no
    Angel but if balestre doesn’t act all frenxh (and I’m French) at Suzuka he is 3-0 vs Prost.
    Just our curiosity, without asking ur age, which era are u from? That might indicate ur stance, and are u British?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fil likes this.
  6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    you mean "away from"

7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    No problem, for starters Formula E uses electric motors lol. Seriously i grew up watching Schumacher/Hakkinen, so not as long as some of you guys

8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I am not British. I grew up watching Shumi/Hakkinen. Why does it matter how old i am when i am simply agreeing with much older people like Berger, Barrichello, Murray, Brawn and others?

william likes this.
  9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Quelle surprise! If Ham wasn’t British he would have put Damon Hill as best ever. These proud old nationalist English dudes crack me up

fil and furoni like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Because we all grow up with a bias and I just shared some points with you that showed you were inaccurate about Senna and Schumacher.
    It’s fine to love Hamilton, I browsed just now through your and you are a big fan of his. That’s all good. There is nothing wrong with Him aside perhaps letting go Nicole Scherzinger.
    Just know your stats and history a bit better when you try to make a point.

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Where was i inaccurate about Senna and Schumacher? I was and still is a fan of Schumi. Again, multiple F1 drivers etc are in alignment with me and are Hamilton fans, as thread title suggest

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Senna beat both piquet and Prost multiple championship winner.
    There u go that’s a start; I will even add that Prost was a 3 time world champion and so was piquet when senna last beat them.
    Once a world champion only Prost was able to beat ( based on Balestre’s decision) Senna in the same car. Hamilton, again a great driver, in the same car got beat by button and rosberg- no shame in that.

And multiple F1 drivers are also not aligned with those quoted as per this video as a short example.

There is no winning. Different era do different things. A win is a win but I can promise you that an 86 F1 is harder to drive than a 2020 Mercedes.
    Another quote for u;)
    Have a great night- I can now see why people stay away from the f1 section
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jpalmito likes this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I was only speaking as team mates who were champion. Was Senna ever team mates with Piquet? If so i overlooked it. Correct me if i am wrong but as it stands now, Hamilton beat 2 champion team mates to Senna's 1. And Schumacher 0. Of course , Senna/Schumi is still and always be great.

Here is a article of Bottas saying that multitasking/workload of todays cars make it more difficult than the past, after driving KeKe Rosbergs car. But then the older cars were more physical, who knows how drivers of different eras will perform.
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2016/2/are-today_s-f1-cars-easier-to-drive-than-those-from-previous-era.html

william likes this.
  14. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    The championships are won by the cars and not by the drivers.
    Why did Hamilton not win the championship in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013?

stavura, crinoid and furoni like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

16. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Murray is like 150-years old, he probably doesn't even remember half of the stuff he is speaking of anymore. The guy fought in WW2, being an overly patriotic Brit is probably the only way he knows how to act.

He was definitely biased even back in the day when he did commentary, the amount of jabs he and James Hunt threw at Piquet during the 1987 season was hilarious in a way. Their darling Mansell could do nothing wrong and Piquet was apparently over the hill hack who should retire on the spot; of course this all blew up on their face when Piquet went on to win the title and Mansell was the bridesmaid yet again in his career.

I also remember Murray having a weird hate boner for Häkkinen back in the 90's, one of the most gentlemanly driver's ever in F1. I don't know if it was because he felt that Häkkinen was stealing the spotlight from his fellow Brit Coulthard or what.

furoni and jpalmito like this.
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Why didn't Schumi or Senna win in all the years they competed?

Adrian Thompson, bmwracer and william like this.
  18. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

When Moss and Schumacher claim such, that's plenty good enough for me :)

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Bs aside, everyone nows i despise crapilton, and i didn't like Ayrton either, but to even compare the 2 of them is the very least insulting to Senna. I can understand those people that started watching f.1 in 2007 and never saw anything else, so most of them are basicaly ignorant on other drivers, but for those who have seen races from 70s, 80s,90s there is simply no excuse, i guess they simply don't know what they are looking. The races Ayrton won, that Michael won, in clearly inferior cars, that car control, sheer speed, they displayed, makes Elton look like an amateur. and i'm talking about 2 drivers that i put well below a Gilles Villeneuve in terms of raw talent.
    Put Mika hakkinen or Jean Alesi in the same car as Elton and he would be going home with his tail between his legs. Elton has been a long time in f.1, and Charles has already showed me more than he ever did.

stavura, jpalmito and crinoid like this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's easy...boring series with a countryman of mine (that was dumped by marko in exchange for a topedo filled with rublos) leading the way :)

crinoid likes this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Did you not read the original post? Did Walker start watching F1 in 2007?

22. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

Can you post where Barrichello said that? Yeah Senna and Schumi did not win on three tires, but Senna won with a failing gear box. Schumi finished second in 5th gear. By the way Hami won on three tires because Verstappen Pitted.

crinoid likes this.
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I hear Walker is starting a Hamdashian church if you want to join.

furoni and CRG125 like this.
  24. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Wasn't Schumacher teammates with Nelson Piquet for one season and Schumi beat him? It was before my time

crinoid likes this.
  25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    MS beat Piquet in his second race. MS only competed in 6 of the races in his debut F1 career because he replaced a driver. Piquet retired after the 91 season and MS placed 3rd in championship in his first full season in F1 in 92.

CRG125 likes this.