Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 66 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    #1626 marko.urbac, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    GT1Forever likes this.
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It's not the SE30 Jota? Hard to tell as it's small and cropped...probably a compressed photo on top of that. Do you have a non-cropped and non-compressed version?

3. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    I think a bigger photo does not exist online. Probably it was a scan of an old photo.

4. Lm_spot

Lm_spot Rookie

Jul 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Loris
    Hello, I'm new to this thread I'm looking for photos from the collection but a large part of the pictures from this thread no longer appear and the links don't work as well

Can you send some please

And sorry for my anaglais I'm French

GT1Forever likes this.
  5. Smejwajej02

Smejwajej02 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    Funny you should ask that. I am new to Ferrari chat and was about to ask this same question since this topic has fascinated me. Despite all of that I have reached out to a few people in Brunei who have pictures they could share and also I have found some photos online which took quite some digging to say the least. I do not believe these pictures to be the ones that have broken links posted prior but I cant be sure one way or the other.

Much of what I have found is the boring cars like a random BMW 3 series or a neglected Porsche 928. However there are a few special cars, some I can share, others I cannot sadly.
    The I did my best to also match the plates to the VINs based on the publicly available list and other resources
    Here are the pics:

Porsche 911 (on the right)
    Plate: KE8877
    VIN: WP0ZZZ96ZMS471030
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    BMW 323i
    Plate: BP8281
    VIN: WBACD22080A564634
    Bentley Azure
    Plate: BN1168
    VIN: SCBZK15C8TCH53844
    Ferrari 550 Maranello - This picture is already well known but I found a high enough quality version online to read the plate on the car in the bottom left
    Plate: BQ7540
    VIN: ZFFZR49B000110086

Now on to the really interesting stuff (at least i think)
    Lamborghini Diablo - Note the yellow Countach in the background
    Plate: BN1218
    VIN: ZA9DE07A0NLA12557
    Ferrari La Ferrari - Car was found for sale on FB and is apparently at a port in Singapore according to the seller. I have no idea on the car's current status.
    Plate: BJ8
    VIN: ZFF76ZHB000204097
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The next two cars I identified with the help of F-Register.
    Ferrari F40 (matte black) This was the only photo I have of it which was found by searching every possible phrase I could think of relating to cars and the sultan on facebook. Note the infamous F40 ZFFGJ34B000091283 in the background.
    Plate: BP8885
    VIN: ZFFGJ34B000089431
    Ferrari 456. This picture might be public but i'm not sure. I used F-Register to get the vin.
    Plate: BP20
    VIN: ZFFSD44C000102199

Now here are some cars I couldn't get the VIN for but I found interesting.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login More pictures in the next post.

6. Smejwajej02

Smejwajej02 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Mercedes 300SL (I think this is one of those AMG resto-mod versions)
    Plate:BN21
    VIN: WDB19804045000149
    I had to block their faces for privacy concerns. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I have other photos too. Some are of cars that have been auctioned off any anyone can get online. They include a bunch of old Mercedes, an Aston Martin or two, a couple porsches, and a Ferrari 456. Please let me know if you want me to direct you to them. Like I said earlier I have some other pictures which I cannot post because the person who gave me the pictures wishes that I not send them to people. I'm not sure if everybody on here has seen this stuff or it's old news but I hope this is a worthwhile contribution.

7. Lm_spot

Lm_spot Rookie

Jul 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Loris
    Thank you for all your photos and information, it's very useful. I am interested in your other photos and information. I send you a private message to ask you something

GT1Forever likes this.
  8. track

track Rookie

Apr 28, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Great post, thank you! Some of the pics are new to me.

9. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    GT1Forever likes this.
  10. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    #1636 ferr9000, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    I have been talking with some people related (past and present) to the collection.
    If there is any ex/actual worker or person related directly or indirectly feel free to send me a private message to join other people who is interesed to share their past/actual experiences related with the collection.

11. Smejwajej02

Smejwajej02 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    The VIN number for that Diablo: ZA9DE07A0NLA12557 is not the VIN structure used for an SE30. It is actually the VIN structure used by the base Diablo 2wd models. Additionally, the Diablo SE30 uses a different wheel setup than this car. I am not familiar with Koenigs overall however, I can gauruntee you that the Diablo in question is not an SE30.
    However, he does own SE30 #122/150 VIN: ZA9DE22A0RLA12122 Plate: BP99.

GT1Forever and marko.urbac like this.
  12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I just dont understand this collection. When is enough enough? Why not sell the cars that are no longer used and replace with others? It's kinda gross actually.

13. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Lamborghini Diablo by Koenig Specials #01/02
    By Mark Smeyers on February 16. 2007
    Source: http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/diablo_by_koenig.html

When Lamborghini showed their Diablo Roadster prototype on the 1992 Geneva Auto Show, orders began flowing in, but suddenly Lamborghini decided not to built this convertible Diablo. The customers who already placed their order were refunded, but this wasn't taken for granted by all of them. Some customers turned to Walter Koenig, a German based high-end car tuner who became famous, or notorious, with his ultra wide Ferrari conversions.

His Ferrari TestaRossa Special featured a 1000 Bhp (!!!) quad-turbo charged engine, after he presented the two door version, he also created a convertible Ferrari. With these cars in mind, converting a Diablo into a Roadster couldn't be too difficult for him, so two very wealthy customers contacted him to built a Diablo Roadster for them.

It took Walter Koenig about 3 months, but the result was stunning, he created an almost identical replica of the Diablo Roadster Prototype, the two fortunate people were very impressed with their final car. But one of them even wanted more, the yellow Diablo featured on this page took the Roadster idea one step further, Koenig designed a complete body kit for the Diablo.

He redesigned the front air dam, installed a new rear bumper/spoiler combination and completed the restyle with a new exhaust system. The engine was tuned to pump out over 600 Bhp by using two turbo's and the engine cover needed to be redesigned to be able to cool the engine down. Koenig also contacted OZ to get 18 inch versions of the famous five-hole wheels, but they refused to deliver them to Koenig, OZ may only build these wheels under contract for Lamborghini, who have an exclusivity clause in the contract. So Koenig only painted the crest of the wheel in the car's exterior color.

If you ordered the Koenig Roadster, two helmets were delivered with it, because the windscreen is hardly worth the name, the helmet was a real good idea. This tuned Roadster was shipped to his owner in Japan, and the current status is completely unknown.

[to be continued...]

GT1Forever likes this.
  14. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Lamborghini Diablo by Koenig Specials #02/02
    By Mark Smeyers on February 16. 2007
    Source: http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/diablo_by_koenig.html

During the time Automobili Lamborghini SpA didn't offer the Roadster yet, Koenig made several open-top replica's, some using the same roof configuration as the yellow one shown on this page, with the low front windscreen, but Walter Koenig also proposed a kind of Targa version for the same price of US $ 250.000.

This Targa version still used the full front windscreen, so driving this configuration is less troublesome than the full spider version, although complete bodywork and engine tuning was available on both kind of cars.

Koenig also modified the interior of the Diablo, as usual a complete custom made leather interior was available, but more important, Koenig altered the dashboard console, it became smaller and more integrated into the overall dashboard. Also a small diameter custom steering wheel could be installed.

saadxj220 and GT1Forever like this.
  15. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    GT1Forever likes this.
  16. Smejwajej02

Smejwajej02 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    I’m curious, are there any mosler registries out there or mosler experts that could identify which car that is leaving the palace?

GT1Forever likes this.
  17. Smejwajej02

Smejwajej02 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    I asked taffy about this and he relayed the question to Claudio Zampolli who replied that the car in question in the yellow room is a Cizeta.

18. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    I'm not into Mosler's but, as far as I know, there is no registry... unfortunately. :(

GT1Forever likes this.
  19. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Wanted to ask how many Countaches did the Sultan have? i know that he had two 25TH anniversary's a red wingless one and a black one with the wing. A recent picture showed a black LP500 here in the forum and a Yellow one from what i remember there was also a dismantled LP400 not sure if it was in red or in orange?

GT1Forever likes this.
  20. Smejwajej02

Smejwajej02 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    I spoke to some people familiar with the collection. They think that there is only 1 Mosler. Apparently it was driven quite frequently at first but it became too much of a hassle to drive as the road conditions made it uncomfortable. As a result, it stays tucked away most of the time.

21. FerrariCountach

Jul 30, 2020
    #1647 FerrariCountach, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020
    Anyone know much about the Lexuses or Toyotas that belonged to the Sultan?

The yellow Cizetas specific color code is called Cizeta Canary in case anyone was wondering, the Blue one is now for sale by Curated and it went through Hong Seh at one point

This 288GTO was owned by the Sultan at one point

Attached Files:

22. FerrariCountach

Jul 30, 2020
  23. Dragster666

Dragster666 Rookie

May 12, 2020
    It looks like the Black F1 GT is still in the collection not sure if this picture was shown here and it looks like that yellow XJR 15 might be still in the collection this image was taken back in 2010 found it on Instagram. And the Dark lime green Dauer 962 in the back from what it seems...

24. MaxiMarks

MaxiMarks Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Maxi Marks
    I've never seen this pic before; thanks for posting. Judging by the support columns and flooring, this was taken in the windowless room under the glass showroom as described by Michael Sheehan during his visit. A silver Bentley Buccaneer has been pictured in the same room before: Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT1Forever and FerrariCountach like this.