360 - New first time 360 owner! Car incoming. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 New first time 360 owner! Car incoming.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Todd Laing, Jul 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    Beautiful car! Congratulations. I just got mine a few months ago. It also has a stick shift. It it so much fun to drive. I just had the stereo system updated with a complete system from Scuderia Audio (amazing components and great service). I went with a Sony RSX-GS9 head unit (superb unit). I also added carbon fiber air box covers (see picture after one is installed). Next up is new wheels; I am thinking of 19 inch HRE wheels. I am also going to replace the exhaust but not sure what brand as of yet. I appreciate the discussions so far.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Todd Laing likes this.
  2. ThatFlyGuy

ThatFlyGuy Karting

Jul 10, 2020
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Cy Sawyer
    I can attest to that!

Congratulations! Enjoy the wait and anticipation. Its exciting!

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Todd Laing likes this.
  3. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I can do some “light” mechanical stuff but I have learned sometimes it’s better to leave it to the experts! Lol! Hopefully, she doesn’t turn out to be a problem child. I have been reading all the posts to learn up on what to watch for!

4. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Beautiful ride! Love that color. That Sony head unit is very nice looking and a beast! I went with the new Alpine Halo9 to get the car play. Doing Focal K2 components and dual 10 JLAUDIO subs. I have HRE wheels on my current car they are beautifully made. I’m trying to tell myself I’m keeping this on mostly stock! Lol but you know how that goes! How hard were the carbon air boxes to install??

5. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    I thought it would be so easy to install the air boxes but it was much more difficult than I thought it would be. The first one went on perfectly but the second one would not go on at all without me grinding down the rim quite a bit. I used a Dremel tool to grind down the rim and it finally fit perfectly. I also had to order larger hoses to make it fit correctly. I am looking forward to new wheels. It will look so much better.

Todd Laing likes this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    which brand air boxes did you go with?

7. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    They are sold by Fabspeed Motorsport.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thanks - fwiw the fabspeed ones have been known to deteriorate quickly according to fchat contributors (no first hand knowledge)

beautiful color btw!!!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Been there done that! Something that should take 30min turns into a why the heck did I do this!! And once I start adding carbon fiber I can’t stop!! What octane gas are you guys using your cars??

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    93 or 94

what CF are you adding?

Todd Laing likes this.
  11. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    silver tone wld look good i think. you have someone who makes the CF for you custom?

13. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Yes he is out of Vegas.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    sweet

Todd Laing likes this.
  15. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

This is it in any EVO they just did.

We are looking at doing the gauge pod, radio panel and center console first.

16. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I suggest you keep the OEM wheels unless you can get ones in 19” as light as they are. The 360 is not big on torque, so spinning up anything heavier will noticeably feel slower.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Todd Laing likes this.
  17. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I’m not looking to heavily modify the appearance of the car. I think it’s pretty damn beautiful as it is. The starfish wheels look appropriate to me. While I might do a little here an there I want to keep her as stock as I can. I just spent 3 years modifying a car which turned out awesome but lost my ass on! Also, I have learned my less on more power. Just got rid of a 860hp car and didn’t need anywhere close to that much speed. I guess I’m getting old or turning in to my dad! But it doesn’t take 1000 hp to make an enjoyable driving experience! Can’t wait to see my new ride in person and take her for a cool afternoon cruise with the top down.

Apollo 11 and Need4Spd like this.
  18. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    My dad had both a manual 360 and then an E-gear Gallardo. I much preferred the 360 for driving position, visibility, and driver connection. The exhaust sound was superior also. The manual shift was obviously more fun than the E-gear.

Todd Laing likes this.
  19. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    BT likes this.
  20. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    You guys talked me into it. Ordered the REVERSE GEAR BUSHING from Ricambi America. Having it installed during the major. I figured it would not make much difference as the car only has 4500 miles on it but it may save a headache down the road as the miles add up. Hopefully that will get it done as I would like to get the car before Christmas.LOL

Natkingcolebasket69 and Need4Spd like this.
  21. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Well done - and looks so much better than the oem park bench!!!

Apollo 11 and Todd Laing like this.
  23. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Oh man, I was hoping for you that it wouldn't be the case but that unfortunately is not the Challenge Stradale exhaust. That's the new sport exhaust for the 360 from Ferrari that's made by Tubi but it doesn't have the same pipe routing as the original sport exhaust option for the 360 which was the CS exhaust.

24. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I guess I could not be that lucky! Hopefully, it still sounds good. Got to be improved over stock?!

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Its a fine exhaust but u can get one for like 3400 bucks.

Todd Laing likes this.