2021 Portofino? | FerrariChat

2021 Portofino?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by sandisk, Aug 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    So, taking the article by Motor1 and the video credited to Varryx, what can we tell about the camouflaged Portofino posted? My big takeaways are a) the car looks lowered, b) the only difference I can spot is a new rear bumper and diffuser (angles of diffuser are different direction and bumper seems smoother). Maybe this is the Handling Speciale version and they've addressed the issue that some people had with the big bumper? Comparison picture below. Image Unavailable, Please Login

F2003-GA likes this.
  2. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    wow that's some sharp eyes to notice that!

will it be called Portofino Speciale? ;)

I figure they will digitalize the cluster like the Roma, but will they revamp up the whole interior?

3. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hope they do I was not a huge fan of my Portofino interior. It lacked something but I am not sure what exactly.

Florida Joe likes this.
  4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Dumb question but are we sure that’s not a Roma?

5. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Definitely a Portofino as the front picture of the same car below shows. Maybe we have two separate things here,
    1. a Handling Speciale version of the current Portofino in the same way as they did with the Cali and then Cali T - so lowered, upgraded suspension and sportier exhaust - if you listen to the car on Varryx's video it sound much louder than a normal Porto.
    2. A 'modificato' version of the Porto with Roma lights, interior and drivetrain which has also been pictured on F-Chat.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Florida Joe and RamsHmb like this.
  6. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    RamsHmb and SLViper1 like this.
  7. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Picked mine up this week. Not worried about the next derivative as Lowered combined with UK potholed Country roads on a daily/GT just does not work for me. Expecting full Digital tacho/dash and that’s a no for me as well.

Great that they evolve the spec over time to keep interest in each derivative though.

8. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Ferrari will be announcing a mid-life refresh of the Portofino the second week of September according to my F contact.

456-boy likes this.
  9. MN3NTW

MN3NTW Rookie

Aug 9, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Neil Waller
    I'm looking at purchasing my first F. An exciting moment and am about to pull the trigger on a Portofino that's a late 2019 model, ex demo, in immaculate condition, sub 2k miles and c. $275k MSRP, offered to me at $215k with a 2 year warranty extension thrown in.

I love the car, love the spec etc, but am I mad to do this when this refreshed Portofino news is expected imminently? I do like getting a deal, but the other factor is when it comes time to sell the car in 2 - 3 years time for something else. Ultimately I guess it boils down to is it silly to not just wait a little and then get the refreshed model, or equally, is it silly to get a used right now when prices would drop more after the refreshed model news?

Appreciate any advice/thoughts from you all :)

10. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Sounds as though you've already sourced an excellent car at a good price with plenty of warranty thrown in and are ready to pull the trigger! If the modified version of the Portofino is announced next month I'd expect deliveries to start end of 2021 at the earliest so maybe second hand ones being available from 2022 onwards at the earliest. Either way you will lose money on any non-limited edition Ferrari. As you seem so far advanced with a purchase already and assume you've test driven the car (it's amazing!) then I'd purchase now as you have a great deal on the table, enjoy the car for a few years and then see what's around. You may even decide it's a keeper so wont worry about depreciation! Good luck.

Gh21631 likes this.
  11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If you know about the refresh what makes you think the market does not ?

And then in 2022 there's the worry about the refresh of the refresh being announced and so you get in a loop and never buy anything

Gh21631 and sandisk like this.
  12. MN3NTW

MN3NTW Rookie

Aug 9, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Neil Waller
    Thanks, much appreciated. As you say, it's an amazing car and at the end of the day and that's what I'm buying it for.

13. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Hi Neil, if you really love the car go for it. No reason to buy these cars new unless you hate money :) There are so many nice examples out there. And when the new Portofino rendition is out for a couple of years, trade the one you have for another used model. Good luck and remember life is no dress rehearsal. Go for it!

14. MN3NTW

MN3NTW Rookie

Aug 9, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Neil Waller
    Thanks. Good motto for life. I'm going to be signing the paperwork this morning :)

BLAMPEE, Y not and SLViper1 like this.
  15. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    #15 SilverLeaf, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    It's a shame. Going by the spy photos, the Roma-esque front isn't going to look as aggressive as the current design. It's taken me while to like the front end of the Portofino - there's just something about it that didn't look quite right aesthetically, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Seeing a car with Novitec front air scoop trim pieces installed fixes that for me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

• trim.JPG
      trim.JPG
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
  16. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    16 september we will know it all

456-boy, BLAMPEE and SilverLeaf like this.
  17. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The Portofino facelift should have the same engine and gearbox as the Roma. Maybe a few more hp.

A few mules car have been spotted around Maranello, some wearing Roma headlights and some with a « standard » Portofino body with camouflaged features.

Can’t wait to be the 16th September!

Art_collector likes this.
  18. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Portofino whit Roma features is perfect auto, sf90 spider unveiled same date ?

456-boy likes this.
  19. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Could be, as they did last year with F8 Spider and 812 GTS at the same time. But no confirmation.

20. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Fingers crossed! It would be great if they kept the overall design intact, instead of making it look like the Roma. Despite my minor quibbles about the front end, I still think the Portofino is one of the most gorgeous Ferrari designs to come out in the last few decades. I saw one in person the other day, and just love the whole package.

sandisk and 456-boy like this.