Who designed La Ferrari???? | FerrariChat

Who designed La Ferrari????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by VB5, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VB5

VB5 Rookie

Aug 8, 2020
    Full Name:
    Vlauvik
    Hi Ferrari experts!!!

Recently, Maurizio Corbi, one of the designers from Pininfarina visited and was invited to a Ferrari design concert.

Everything was great but suddenly he started selling the prints of La Ferrari sketch with usd $900.

In the news articles, La Ferrari was designed by Flavio Manzoni, the in-house Ferrari designer.

The problem is not only one sketch he is going to sell but 499 copies of prints will be selling with Corbi’s signature (The total should be almost USD 450,000)

Is there any credits that Maurizio Corbi was involved in La Ferrari’s design?
    If not, why does he claim he is the designer of La Ferrari?

He seems a great designer but not related to the La Ferrari as far as I have searched.

hope anyone can enlighten me what the situation here is.

Thanks in advance!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    jm2 and anunakki like this.
  3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Stevie Wonder....

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL, couldn't resist.....

I'ts not a bad looking car, but like alot of cars these days the design is just so busy......the beauty of simplicity, of subtleness, is just not there right now.

Ron328 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  5. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Coulda been worse - Have you seen something called an "Enzo"?

technom3 likes this.
  6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    LA designed the La Ferrari... hence the name La Ferrari.

7. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Manzoni is the boss of Ferrari Design. He is naturally credited with signing off on the final proposal. Modern car designs are a team effort and many people were involved. Pininfarina did a couple full-size models for LaFerrari but it ended up being executed as an in-house design.

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Artist draw all sorts of things. They don’t necessarily claim all drawings as original designs. This is a weird thread. Did he CLAIM he designed it???

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think the OP just wished for a clarification, as we do have the "general information" that Ferrari has taken design in house, and Pininfarina is no longer involved.
    That would have been my response as well.....

So to have a Pininfarina rep so closely identifying with the car this way would make me wonder in almost the same way.
    I just lack the energy any more "to care".....

The new Ferraris are kind of a quick visual study, for me, in a "oh, that's nice" kind of way.....
    How much??

Oh, ok...thanks!
    ..and then I go make sure my Pininfarina badge is on, straight....:D :D :D

jm2 and Cavallino Nero Rampante like this.
  10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I read that the same, what he was selling was a "Event specific print" like at many meetings.

crinoid likes this.
  11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    jm2, VB5 and crinoid like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would attribute current credit goes to Flavio Manzoni as he had the 'ultimate say.'

This said, from what I understand the way it works is very much like a competition. Many car designers submit their designs to leadership, in this case Flavio, then he and the board make calls on the final design.

I suspect there is a main 'designer' behind it at Style Center Ferrari, who that is, I do not know.

VB5 likes this.
  13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    If you're interested there is quite a bit of information about the 'design process' in this thread.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/car-design-thread.386943/page-420

paulchua likes this.
  14. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012

jm2 likes this.
  15. mauri

mauri Rookie

Oct 30, 2008
    Hi there, I'm very sorry for this misunderstanding concerning this topic, I would to say this is one simply illustration, an artwork! I have never claimed to be the designer of LaFerrari also because Pininfarina has not been hired by Ferrari in the development of new models for some years.
    I believe that the misunderstanding arises from the improper use of the Ferrari logo in the promotion of this work.

16. mauri

mauri Rookie

Oct 30, 2008
    Furthermore, if the price of the prints was too high, no one is obliged to buy them or not?

17. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    I'm not really following? One does not need to create an object in order to depict it as a subject.

FWIW, I really like that print. Were I not a pauper I'd gladly hang it in my office :)