488 - Low phone audio in 488 Spider | FerrariChat

488 Low phone audio in 488 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rsmerin, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rsmerin

rsmerin Rookie

Sep 28, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Just received delivery of my 488 spider! The car is amazing. Does anyone else have low Bluetooth audio sound problems for phone calls?

The volume goes to 38. For audio this is very loud and very easy to hear with the top down. However the phone call volume at 38 is maybe similar to music at 18-20. Volume on iphone is max, have tried deleting and re-pairing on both phone and car. Took the car to the local dealer and we tested in another 488, same issue.

Don’t expect to be making many calls but right now it’s basically impossible to hear unless you’re stoped at the lights.

Anyone else noticed / fixed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Try turning up the volume on your phone. Best , Kirk

3. rsmerin

rsmerin Rookie

Sep 28, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Thanks Kirk - volume on my iPhone is at max. Ensured it was when pairing with the car too

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I can only speak from my experience with my 2018 488 spider. I do not have that issue and also use an iPhone. Did you do a hard reset on the IPhone ?

5. rsmerin

rsmerin Rookie

Sep 28, 2012
    Hong Kong
    I restarted my phone but haven’t restored to factory settings if that’s what you mean by a hard reset? Works fine on my Porsche Macan. Will try someone else’s iPhone as well.

Interestingly when I took it to the dealer they paired their phone into someone else’s car and was the same difference in audio volume between music and phone calls.

Will update after trying someone else’s phone

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    This would be a good place to debate CarPlay. My only problem with my noncarplay 488 spider iPhone is it’s impossible to hear anything with the top down and the engine at 7000 rpms which seems to be my constant state of affairs.

Kidding aside, no problems with any of my iPhones with my 488 via BT in terms of volume or clarity (with roof closed).

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I tried talking on the phone with the top down a couple of times, gave up ever answering the phone after that if I was in the 488 with the top down and never bothered calling people, just didn't work. The car is too loud.

8. thxelon

thxelon Rookie

Dec 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    bob
    Driving in Auto with the top/windows up at max volume is the only way.. or you keep some AirPods in the car.. I had the same issue with my McLaren spider

9. rsmerin

rsmerin Rookie

Sep 28, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Thanks all - good to at least clarify it isn’t an issue on my car!