Any California T owners switch to a Portofino? | FerrariChat

Any California T owners switch to a Portofino?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by jerryw, Aug 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jerryw

jerryw Karting

May 18, 2009
    Sold my 2015 California T that I drove for 37k. Had a few issues year one but ended up being very reliable since then, other than a few rattles the dealer could not seem to ever hear. It has been 6 weeks since I sold it and I saw it going down the road and I asked myself why did I sell it, it looked awesome. Would I be happy with a Portofino?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I don't see why not, I had a Cali T HS and my wife now has a Portofino. I don't drive her car that much but when I do I don't notice anything that I think the Cali T HS was better on. The seats are more comfortable, the instruments and infotainment are better, the engine is more powerful and I think it sounds just as good if not better than the Cali T HS. The shifts are good and the car handles well.

What are you expecting to miss?

4. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    About $100,000 US :)

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    When I had my California 30 (grigio titanio, which your T appears to be), I drove the Cali T shortly after it came out ... I thought it was a terrific car and improved almost everything about the Cali 30 but ultimately it was not worth -- to me -- the $100k it would have cost me to trade for it.

Now that I have a Cali T, I can't imagine going back to an earlier California, you get used to the power, the styling, the other improvements.

I suspect I would feel the same way about the Portofino, in terms of upgrade vs. dollars, even though it's newer, faster, etc. Then again, I prefer the lines and styling of the Cali T to the Portofino.

Some people have unlimited resources and don't mind writing the check for the latest and greatest (and more power to them for ordering the cars the rest of us wind up buying down the road) ... in that case, drive the Portofino and see how you feel about it.