Electric 328 | FerrariChat

Electric 328

Discussion in '308/328' started by mike32, Aug 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Program on UK TV showing a conversion of a 328 to electric power using a Tesla unit, over 400 bhp.
    Bigger brakes and uprated suspension. Neat job and goes like stink.

2. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    Do you have the info to watch it? Sounds like a fun show to watch. Thanks! Mike

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Have a look on u tube, it is a 308 actually. Search Ferrari 308-electric conversion. Looks like a few have been done

4. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Pretty impressive! The conversion cost was probably more than the car is worth but I have to say...IF I could afford it, I would think about it! ;)

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Isn't this the same car as had the long thread last week: 308GTE or similar ?

6. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    There seem to be a couple of different "electric" 308's. The one that most impressed me is the one with the Tesla motor. Of course, the down side is (as usual) range. One of the videos states that the range is around 80 miles (can't recall if that's the Tesla motor version or the other one). Since we have to drive around 80 miles just to GET to nice roads to drive (TX Hill Country) that's not very practical.:( When you consider that I have driven the 328 across the US several times in 2 1/2 days, an 80 mile range before recharging would probably make the trip take a week! :)

7. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Classic Electric Cars in the UK have done two: the one discussed the other day here and also on YouTube in a few places and another which was the subject of the TV programme in the UK last week. The TV programme seemed to end with the car half finished so not sure if it's complete or not, but they both have Tesla motors.

Personally I'd want at least a 200 mile range.

8. linderpat

linderpat Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    ed rice
    I think you posted in the wrong thread.

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  9. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I'm pretty sure I posted in the right thread, but somehow it ended up here! I will see if I can get someone to move it ...

10. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I remember watching a YouTube about a guy with his Tesla pulled over in a gas station and people around him was laughing at him and when he popped the rear trunk, there was a gas operated generator where he plugs his Tesla to charge it. I think that’s probably clever.

11. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Why in Gods name would you demolish a 328 by putting an electric motor in it ? What is the world coming to. I always here trash talk about teslas acceleration, but never ever hear about their handling., I do know that 2 youngsters wrapped their brand new tesla around a tree, then to explode in flames killing them both.

Thank you

12. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    "I do know that 2 youngsters wrapped their brand new tesla around a tree, then to explode in flames killing them both."
    And nobody's ever crashed/died in a Ferrari 3x8? ;)

As far as putting an e motor in a 328, IF it had sufficient range and IF I could afford the cost, I'd be happy to have one - the same way that the links indicate they were done - getting a "wrecked" car and rebuilding it with the E-motor. I would not convert a 'good' 3x8 to e-motor but doing what they did, I think is great! :)

13. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    The engine sound of a Ferrari is what drew my to the brand in the first place, then came the styling.
    Putting an electrical engine into one to replace the real engine, is sacrilege.

14. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Engine-powered vehicles replacing horses was 'sacrilege' too... :)