599 GTB 6 days & 3000km | FerrariChat

599 GTB 6 days & 3000km

Discussion in '612/599' started by Inadeje, Aug 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

My hiatus from Miami/Panama each year means I’m back in Europe for the summer with the 599. First a roundrip drive from northern england down to folkstone uk for the channel tunnel trip to Calais 500km. Calais to Lyon 630km. Lyon to Figueres Spain 430km figueres to Saint tropez 470km, saint tropez to nice 120km. A few drives into San Remo italy and Monaco. The car has run sublime. There is no other car I have driven or owned that gobbles up the miles so easily while leaving me with zero pains nor tiredness. Supremely comfortable seats (recaro + daytona) and 4k rpm is 160 kph, so the engine is just above idle. What a machine to cover great distances in.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

donv, Mamich, CPBTX and 8 others like this.
  2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Nice to see you drive it!

3. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    Thats just what these beauties were made for ! Pure GT drive.
    Congrats ! Thats a great route. ;)

4. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice! I just came back yesterday from a 4-day / 1250 km trip to the Nurburgring in my 599. It’s the perfect travel / GT car. Plenty of storage space too.

5. flackmaster

flackmaster Rookie

Feb 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    David A. Flack
    Good on ya, Mate! Earned splatter on the front.

6. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    Nice car what year is it

7. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

first reg was december 2007

8. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #8 Jonny English, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Next month I'm off in mine eurotunnel then down to the Italian lakes ... via Nurburgring, autobahns, Verbier to see a friend and some great driving roads to Italy. Haven't planned anything yet. Did your 599 fit on the lower deck of the eurotunnel ok? Suggestions welcome!

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      188.9 KB
      Views:
    F3RN4ND0 likes this.
  9. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

#9 Inadeje, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    when you book (or at least it did for me) it forced my booking into the high/suv one level section which isn’t the two story eurotunnel cars. It fits into this area easily albeit a little tight. You have maybe 15 cm either side of the curbs, so if you’re careful you will be ok. Pretty uneventful otherwise. The drive was very memorable, highly recommended. I ended up in Nice along the A8 after descending down from Lyon. I took a detour to Figueres outside Barcelona for a meeting then drove back along from Perpingnon to Saint Tropez. Looks like you’ll be doing another route. Are those rear tires standard on yours? They look wider than mine, or maybe just the angle?

10. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks Steve, Thats quite a drive to and from Figueres, there are some fantastic mountain roads around there/ Barcelona. Just looked at my eurotunnel and its the same as yours....

Your vehicle has been classified as a high vehicle, please ensure you follow signs for SINGLE DECK on site for smooth boarding.

My wheels are larger ...335/25 R22 on the rears and I forget on the fronts but 21's

Anthony James likes this.
  11. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Those wheels look good, what brand are they? I was only in Figueres for about 2h all told for the meeting. It added about 2.5 h to a typical drive from Lyon to Saint Tropez. However, I enjoying driving this car so much that it was just some extra time behind the wheel. I’ve never owned a car that leaves you feeling so refreshed after 6-10h Stints behind the wheel, this is just so comfortable and eats up the miles. I also don’t get the reviews about road noise, mine is supremely quiet on the standard wheels and tires. The car is more adept at these types of all day driving than my Cali T. Enjoy your drive buddy and post a few photos if you have time, cheers, Steve

F3RN4ND0 likes this.
  12. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
  13. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting