Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I know right?! My esteem for Leclerc only grows with the miracles he pulls on a janky vehicle.

jpalmito, jgonzalesm6 and tifosi12 like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The team support is not the issue. Team's naturally move towards the driver providing the results. It was immediate Charles had this energy. Seb was showing BEFORE Charles he did not. When it counted he failed/spun/lost position - points/races and title.

Vettel appears to not accept that now, today he has a fight on his hands and its not the team's problem in the larger sense it is his. The team will support him. He does not appear or even talk on the radio as if he overtly supports them. They are bickering. He will lose every argument. The team is always the winner politically.

3. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    In some respects he reminds me of Gilles, wrestling a poor car to places it really has not right to be.

4. DF1

Well said!! Charles has shown his value and clearly. He simply attacks the problem and gains what he can. It is this value Vettel has not provided.

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I would say that emotionally its hard to fight for a team that has dumped you... and for all we know he may have thought he was staying at Ferrari ... and now not. as someone in their mid 50's ... its hard seeing the young guns coming in your space... you have to dig deeper when in the past it was natural to do well.... I think Vettel is feeling this now.... If the car is developed to more of Leclerc's liking vs. Vettel ... its hard to adapt. I would however think if Vettel was in a Mercedes - he'd be giving it to Hamilton as much or more than Bottas. He's still a very good driver, but if your heart is not in it... its hard to keep your head down.

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    classic308 likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I was thinking this too, it very much appears to be a psychological issue!

9. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I've heard the same statement about Alonso and have never agreed that to be the case.

If a car is rubbish it will never float to the top unless some dire attrition has happened to the front runners.

Ferrari have made suspect cars in relation to other race cars in the past but never diabolical cars coming in last on a regular basis.

Even the great Schuey couldn't bring home a rubbish car if it didn't have the potential to be near the front so to be bagging the car when you have clear proof that the same car in the hands of Vettel and LeClerc are literally miles apart at the end of a race just doesn't ring true.

I know this will hurt my mate furoni but I suspect Alonso would have bought home a WDC in the past few years for Ferrari , Vettel blew a very good chance

Ferrari needs to pull whatever strings they "supposedly" have according to the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) fallacy , long since died from the current outlook.

Ferrari will be back but only when the Mercedes marketing machine has left the building and decimated the F1 "sport"

william likes this.
  10. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  11. DF1

12. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Can you imagine Max, Charles and Hulk for SF on the podium still this year?
    Wowww

13. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    #714 John_K_348, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Seb choked in Hockenheim a couple years back and was off kilter ever since. The current rubbish wheel dolly is being wrestled to the podium by Charles and his great youthful drifting style. Seb came up in the era of massive aero downforce and at Red Bull, had a magic machine. He did his own crazy stuff crashing into Webber but now he is on the far end of the balance because the car is too loose, and even more so with the engine cheat gone. I really hoped he would pull it together this year, especially after the great race at Singapore with the superb shovel front wing ...aero! But alas no, he crapped up again and then Charles did too before last week. Seb loses out on the mental mistakes because the car is too far out of by is driving style. A shame really, and Alonso is clear evidence of when talent and cars don't get in sync. Ban on testing has murdered the sport. Imaging what SF could do with a proper MGU and testing at Mugello?! :(

14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid

No. Alonso would not have brought any championships home. That would have only been theoretically possible if his driving were the only influence on winning a championship. However it’s not. Personality and interpersonal style are a large part as well. Alonso stabbed the team in the back and additionally started tweeting cryptic messages about going to Honda while at the Scuderia. He left the team in shambles and it took Mattiacci, Arrivabene and Uncle Sweater a few seasons to fix it just enough to get the competitive cars in 17 and 18. Alonso is a team destroyer. He is not a team player. No driving skill can overcome that.

william likes this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Charles and Max are teammates nightmare.
    Hulk would be destroyed either.
    And Sainz too.

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Do you mean Hulk would be destroyed by either? Beaten probably but not destroyed IMO.

pilotoCS likes this.
  17. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Not really putting much stock in Vettel leaving just yet, esp. not when a main article on our very forum in the last 24 hours says Ferrari is open to Seb. changing up the car.

18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Guess you are mislead by the juvenile aspect of Charles.
    Make no mistakes he is a killer like Max and his real goal is to beat heavily Seb before he leaves the team.
    Hulk would suffer a lot

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Perhaps. Purely speculation at this point, I don't think that Hulk will be driving for Ferrari or RBR.

20. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    Vettel gets new chassis for F1 Spanish GP after Ferrari finds issue
    Via:
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151310/vettel-gets-new-chassis-for-spain-after-fault-found

Sebastian Vettel will get a new chassis for this weekend's Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix after Ferrari found a "small fault" on his car after last Sunday's race at Silverstone.

Vettel endured two difficult weekends at Silverstone across the British Grand Prix and the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix, qualifying and finishing no higher than 10th over the races.

The four-time world champion spoke of a lack of confidence with the Ferrari SF1000 car, and experienced a first-corner spin in the 70th Anniversary race that spoiled his race.

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto confirmed after the race on Sunday that a chassis change was being considered for Vettel in a bid to try and remedy his struggles.

Ferrari has now confirmed it will change Vettel's chassis ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya after finding an issue.

"Sebastian will have a new chassis, because after the Silverstone post-race analysis, we spotted a small fault caused by a heavy impact over a kerb," head of chassis engineering Simone Resta explained.

"It would not have had much of an effect on performance, but it was the logical decision to take."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari has struggled to fight at the front of the field through the opening five races of the 2020 season after suffering a big drop in straight-line speed compared to last season.

Charles Leclerc has scored two podium finishes, and was able to take fourth place last Sunday at Silverstone after an ambitious one-stop strategy in hot conditions.

Resta said Ferrari was braced for a tricky weekend in Spain, but felt there would be a similar challenge posed by the warm conditions.

"We arrive in Barcelona knowing this will not be an easy weekend for us, given how testing went here in February," Resta said.

"However, over the five races run so far, we have worked hard to try and improve our car's performance and extract all its potential.

"We will obviously encounter much hotter weather with track temperatures expected to be well above 40°C.

"It will be an important factor, especially when it comes to the behaviour of the tyres, as we saw at the last two races in Silverstone."

21. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    When I saw him coming off on that day as he was leading the race, I never guessed that I was witnessing a turning point in Vettel's career.
    It had some doubt after an unexplained shunt the previous year, in Mexico I think.
    In both occasions he was on his own!

22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He peaked way earlier actually. His last year with RB was not very good, Webber had the measure of him many times. When he arrived at Ferrari he was already on the slow way down. Still darn good but already yesterday's news.

23. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Maybe.....just maybe....this will help Seb.

I'm not optimistic.