Cavallino Classics 2021 | FerrariChat

Cavallino Classics 2021

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Sir_Ferrari, Jun 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Next year will be the 30th anniversary of the Cavallino Classics: https://www.cavallinoclassic.com/

I'm from Munich, Germany and I'm really interested to take part at this event as a visitor. Can you make me some recommendations about flight (it will be my first time in the USA), affordable hotels, tickets, what events or places to visit etc.?

Thank you in advance!

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Sir_Ferrari likes this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Fly into West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale (50 miles drive to West Palm Beach).
    Hotel - You can find anything from $90 to $800 a night. All within a few miles of the Breakers (where the concours takes place).
    Car Rental is cheap too - $30 a day for a small car.
    I dont know if there will still be track days in 2021 as it was pretty dead in 2020 but if yes, it might be worth checking out. The track is 20 miles from the Breakers, called the Palm Beach Raceway.
    Tickets are $200 for the concours and around $35 per day for the track (Thursday and Friday - again if not canceled).
    On Thursday, they have a Palm Beach driving tour that starts at the Breakers.
    Parking at the breakers is $35 per day but if you spend that much on food, they will validate it for you.

I dont know how many days you plan on staying, but if it's your first time, i would take one day to go to Miami.

mmoharter and Sir_Ferrari like this.
  4. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    I have a question because of the actual corona crisis: Do you think this event will take part next year? Does it make sense to book the flight and a hotel room yet? Or should I wait?

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Due to Covid, I would guess there is only about a 50% chance that the event will be held.

GatorFL likes this.
  6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Maybe they will severely reduce the number of spectators admitted. I would expect that the venue itself will have a lot to say about whether or not it will be held. Does anybody know what percentage of rooms at the Breakers typically goes to participants and spectators?

7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No direct flights from Europe to West Palm or Fort Lauderdale, unless you come with your own G700. Miami is the airport to fly to from Germany.
    BUT: As of today still NO Europeans are allowed to enter the U.S. due to Covid and I believe that this ban will not be lifted in the next five or more months.
    January 2021 is coming up very soon and I don't think that anybody from Europe will be able to participate, if the event will be held at all.

Right now it is plain impossible to book anything (no Swiss flights from Switzerland to MIA).

Marcel Massini

Sir_Ferrari and GatorFL like this.
  8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Raise the spectator price to $500 per day. Problem solved.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Cant say im super excited by the cars featured other than the recent restorations...

Saturday Concorso Featuring:
    1 - Recent Restorations. Beautiful Ferraris Beautifully Restored. An ode to the craftsmen & owners who realized that beauty.
    2 - Flat-12 Fascination. 512 BB (45 years) - 512 BBi (40 years) - 512 TR (30 years). Two decades of successful production for this rare and exotic engine configuration.
    3 - Dual Purpose Elegance. 55 years of the 330 GTC & GTS. V-12 power in a stylish and sophisticated package. Which to choose, open or closed?

10. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #10 BartonWorkman, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Hey Bill, don't give them any ideas!

The $25.00 bottles of water are not enough already?

BHW

11. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    The event was postponed to the new date April 22-25, 2021: https://www.cavallinoclassic.com/. But I'm still not sure about booking a hotel room and the flight. We have lockdown in Germany until the 31th of January and I don't think we will be back in normal life so fast after the upcoming vaccinations.

12. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I'm very happy about the new dates. I have to decide between this , or the Mitty in Atlanta now. I think I'll be at The Breakers.

Texas Forever likes this.
  13. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    If the Breakers is your first choice ask for their cancelation rules in writing for the new schedule. Their website says the rules change based on the season. It will be one less thing to be concerned about if you make a reservation now.

14. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Does anyone know the admission this year for Saturday? I heard 200 but that is unconfirmed.

15. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Hi all, wanted to chime in and see if anyone from here was attending the event?
    I was looking forward to it since it'll be my first event, was planning on attending Saturday.
    However I'm a little hesitant to pay all the admissions and lunch fees if the general feeling is the event's going to be a bit of a dud because of covid.

My main reason for going was to mostly meet and greet the local people and introduce myself. But I'm thinking it might just be better to sit this year out and just attend other local gatherings.