Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 143 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

For some people on this forum not agreeing with them is trolling.

They have a hate list including Hamilton, Mercedes, Toto Wolff, Racing Point, Stroll father and son, etc ...

Nuvolari and tifosi12 like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Hey, I'll praise the guy when he does good....as well as some other FChatter's on here.

If you have time, you can look thru the pages of a couple of highlights....there are few on merit.

There are more negatives praises than positives ones from me.

Bas likes this.
  3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I think there are a handful off people here that offer praise when it is due and generally present a balanced opinion on Stroll's performances.

It is unfortunate that there are a few here who will bash anything he does, will revel in the tiniest of mistakes, and will find reasons to critique otherwise fine performances. I do not put a lot of weight in the opinions of people that see universal fault or praise with anyone. That goes for sports people, politicians, or whomever.

Let's not forget this is the Stroll thread. Drop the 'S' and there are a lot of those here.

classic308 and tifosi12 like this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    . . . or realize that he just has a faster car. Tracing Point.

Bas, classic308 and Flavio_C like this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..he is obviously foing better than in his first year, but his progress is very slow and he's still off the pace frlm a midfield driver. So not only is stroll a slow f1 driver, snd lacking skill, he's also an idiot amd a spoilt brat, and sucks big time

Bas and Flavio_C like this.
  6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Yeah, but other than that . . . .

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Easy Pedro:eek: we know that you don't have Alonso to kick around any more but next year . . .;)

8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Shields up Mr Zulu :)

9. DF1

For me its the lack of respect racer's like Ricci put out as he did in race 1 in Austria. His comments about Lance running both of them off the track have shown over time how little Lance impresses his fellow grid members. Max added to this recently. Thats PROFESSIONAL criticism not 'trolling' at all. If one here were to post that we are now trolls to what few dedicated supporters he has?

I echo JGonzales6. There are posts that do reward good effort for Lance. There are plenty that do not and its not sheer numbers alone that form the opinion. Lance has almost 4 years in this series. When Ricci states things after experiencing a 'move' that has impact. Re-inforces Stroll lack of real development.

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 agree. In contrast, despite his failure to score a podium Nico Hulkenberg is well respected by his fellow drivers and by team principals.

Bas likes this.
  11. DF1

Given the lack of a podium, he does seem to have that respect. The 'buzz' around his return was interesting.

jgonzalesm6 and 375+ like this.
  12. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I remember when Pedro Diniz came into F1 he was seen as nothing more than a rich kid playing racing driver. His prior racing CV was nothing stellar either but over time he came to be seen as a safe pair of hands and pretty quick from time to time. Not the kind of F1 driver most dream of but he took to F1 well and earned the respect of his peers.

Personally I have not seen this arrogance and lack of respect with Stroll many people speak of. So many times reputations are myths that take hold for no real reason and never let go. I've seen careers end early and live way longer than they ever should based on reputations not founded on much. That said Stroll has a very unusual situation in that his Dad is chasing his own power play in the paddock giving him almost impossibly large shoes to fill. Strange situation the likes of which I never remember happening in recent times.

375+ and william like this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well said.
    It's like being born in the Royal family, or if your father is Donald Trump.
    Are you going to throw it all away to be part of the crowd?

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Problem with stroll was his coments on how massa never helped him. It was a total lie and lack of respect. He's an ungratefull an uneducated brat...and helplessly slow.

Flavio_C likes this.
  15. DF1

I do not doubt Massa's response to Lance saying Massa did not help. They seemed to have a decent relationship and I dont recall public friction. If Lance lacked 'help' that is as much the team's problem as it is Massa. Just being around Massa, listening, watching was help. What did Lance expect? We do not know the generation of that comment.

Take a look at the results that year. Was a decent year for Massa, Lance crashed many times or was out of the points etc. Not an easy year but he has only success in terms of competition against Sirotkin. That is all.

Would other teams keep him employed if he was not of wealth. I think we know an answer. Thats reality not trolling. Red Bull would be a good standard on replacement of drivers not working well. They fired Kyvat not long after a podium I think. Lance has protection most drivers will never enjoy. So be it.

Flavio_C likes this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 well said

Flavio_C likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I have followed F1 long enough to have seen many "average" drivers kept on for a while because of their sponsors.
    The difference with Stroll is that his sponsor is his father; that irritates greatly the detractors; hence all the story about his persona, etc ...
    Stroll has become the hate figure on this forum, which is ridiculous.

Nuvolari likes this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

I myself am GREATFUL for Lawrence Stroll.

His son......not so much. Unfortunately, Lance comes with the "package."

They kicked Ocon out of his seat for Lance and Racing Point went backwards that year in points compared to the previous year with Perez & Ocon.

BTW, Lance went from a William's F1 car, to a Racing Point F1 car, then to a pink Mercedes F1 car....all getting faster & faster.
    Yet he scored his podium in the slowest of the 3 F1 cars......hmmm.

stavura and Flavio_C like this.
  19. DF1

I have not posted hate about Stroll.

sammysaber, Flavio_C and Bas like this.
  20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Apparently pointing out someone being wrong or disagreeing with them is considered hate now.

If he wasn't so old I'd accuse him of being a millennial.

sammysaber, stavura and Flavio_C like this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    As pointed out to you several times already (but conveniently ignored), this really is the wrong place to hate someone because of their wealth...considering that on this forum, there is an awful lot of wealthy people.

bmwracer and Flavio_C like this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    arm photons!!!

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Fire at will!!

DF1 likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #3574 Ferrari 308 GTB, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Bernie ..The Bolt;)

25. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Diniz was a well mannered person, a true gentleman. His father was not an arrogant prick who wanted to buy the best team at any cost. His sponsors where suppliers of his family supermarket chain. He never demonstrated entitlement while in F1. So your comparison with Stroll is wrong.

That being said, whoever has met Stroll and his father in person knows that Lance is not all that arrogant, in fact he is well mannered, the problem is indeed his father. Lawrence thinks he will be able to make Lance a chamipion on the basis of money (obviously) and shouting. So the result is that Stroll takes the toll.

Bas likes this.