Intermittent Brake failure on 458 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Intermittent Brake failure on 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eberro, Jul 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Got it and thanks for the info. Now I understand where to look as it may be something for us 458 owners to keep track of.

TUTTSF likes this.
  2. TUTTSF

TUTTSF Karting

Sep 21, 2018
    So. Cal
    #177 TUTTSF, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    UPDATE:

Picked up the 458 today (8/19) and everything seems normal with the car.

The tech showed where the part melted and it was right at the "T" in the hose but then mentioned that they have put many headers on 458's and I'm the first one with this melted hose.

What I do notice after putting the headers back full exhaust is the temps are higher than normal when going slow and when the fans kick on it has a hard time bringing down the temp needle

Going on some canyon runs the next 2 weekends so will give another update after

3. eberro

eberro Rookie

Jun 23, 2015
    My Spider was 2013........We now know what the problem has been, as Ferrari have recalled the cars.

4. LiteBrite

LiteBrite Rookie

May 2, 2022
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Kevin Williams
    What was the problem?

5. LiteBrite

LiteBrite Rookie

May 2, 2022
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Kevin Williams
    Ya what’s the fix? Are you talking about the brake fluid cap? This problem that I also have feels more like a booster failure. It happens every time I drive but not every time I brake.

6. LiteBrite

LiteBrite Rookie

May 2, 2022
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Kevin Williams
    So I have this same hard brake problem. You can replicate it when you cold start the car and when it’s at high idle you hit the brake pedal a couple times. The pedal will be become super stiff which means it’s definitely a vacuum related problem. Bad brake booster or some kind of solenoid attached to the brake booster. You are basically losing all brake assist. This sucks when going really fast

7. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I had a 2014 458 Spider purchased new and sold a few months ago to Ferrari with 14k miles. On three different occasions the brakes failed similar to others on this thread. I reported it to Ferrari- they could never find anything wrong. I thought I might eventually kill myself in it so I sold it.

8. LiteBrite

LiteBrite Rookie

May 2, 2022
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Kevin Williams
    Ya I don’t understand
    how this isn’t more talked about and figured out by now. It’s 100% an assist issue. I love the car but man I’m scared to drive it into turns