348 - 348 oem shock rebuild | FerrariChat

348 348 oem shock rebuild

Discussion in '348/355' started by QSA, Aug 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Sent my dampers for a rebuild to Inertia Lab, based on local race teams recommendations. Was a good experience and fair pricing IMO. When I initially reached out they acknowledged they could do the work, but did mention that Delta Vee specialized in these dampers. I told them I would rather work with someone who can communicate timing, answer the phone, return texts and emails, and provide updates.

They rebuilt with upgraded seals and, checked everything for spec, installed a JRV fill port, so they could be serviced again by them (or other shops), and installed the new top-mounts and bushings I sent with the assemblies. They tested the springs and the shock dynos show the setup is now slightly over-damped, which sounds perfect for my taste and use of this car.

I have no affiliation with the shop or staff, just throwing this out there as an option to the community. www.inertialabotatory.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

SoCal1, Ferrarium, Wade and 3 others like this.
  2. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
  3. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    QSA likes this.
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Quinn, did they say if they could bring them back to spec somehow? Is it a matter of say, reducing oil quantity?

5. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    I think it is more playing with gas pressures. Not sure what they did as far as oil volume, but I can ask. I told them to test the springs and match the dampers based on sporty street driving and no/limited tracking. There was no revalving.

Qavion likes this.
  6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    New springs or refurbished? I was wondering if the OEM springs would have sagged after time.
    My lower shock bushings looked the same you can see they compressed about 1/8 -1/4 inch in your pics too.

Good job! Thanks for the reference!

7. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Thank you
    Another source :)

8. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hi, was just renting in Kingwood while my house was being built by New Caney. Before the move down to Texas I just rebuilt all my suspension but put off rebuilding the shocks. Would you mind sending me a PM with what they charged you and what the turnaround time was, including the ones on my car I have 2 or 3 sets I’d like to get done. Thanks.

9. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Hey neighbor. We should meet up soon.

Don’t see any reason to keep pricing secret, so I’ll post here: I paid $225 per. for the rebuild/seal upgrades. Paid $350 extra to have the mounts and bushings replaced, shock dynos, spring tests, and machining for the JRZ port. Overall it was $1,267 + tax (including return shipping). If I were sending multiple sets I’d ask for a price break.

He told me he could turn around in 10 business days, with minor deviations possibly needed due to COVID. I told him take all the time he needed as I had no due date since my car would be on stands for months with all the other work I’m doing; I just wanted to be kept updated on progress. He sent me regular update emails and overall it was about 6 weeks. I would just be clear if you have a date you need them.

JasonS likes this.