Taken Off Market - 2015 F12 Berlinetta. Magnificent. Benefit from my misfortune. | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2015 F12 Berlinetta. Magnificent. Benefit from my misfortune.

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by moorfan, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    For sale is this wonderful 2015 F12, finished in Canna di Fucile metallic exterior with a gorgeous Iroko/Nero leather interior. Current mileage 8357.
    I purchased this vehicle ONE MONTH ago from Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale. I was looking for over 2 years for the "right" F12 for me. I purchased it Certified Pre-Owned and purchased 2 years of extended warranty at the time.
    I lost my job on the day that the car arrived on the truck.
    Therefore I need to get rid of the car. I am crushed.

The car itself is magnificent. It is exactly as advertised by Ferrari of FL. It has ZERO issues.
    No sticky buttons
    No leaks
    No rear hatch leaks (just took care of this after purchase, see the F12 section of the forum)
    NO bubbling on either rear quarter. I just finished lowering the rear grilles with plastic spacers to prevent this in the future (see the F12 section of the forum).
    No crap FIAMM battery; there is an Interstate AGM battery in the car.
    Full front end coverage with paint protection film; the film also extends down the side of the car and follows the natural body line, protecting just about anything that could be hit by a rock. Film is in excellent condition.
    NO dents. NO dings. Paint is in MAGNIFICENT condition with no significant problems anywhere.
    It has a Innotech exhaust valve controller installed; allows you to open valves from a keyfob remote. Otherwise the exhaust is factory. No other modifications have been made; the car is otherwise OEM.

The extended warranty stays with the car so therefore the purchase price of the vehicle INCLUDES TWO YEARS of warranty coverage. No tricks or deceptions on my part. Genuine Maintenance expires 11/2021, so there is one more free yearly service left.

This car is in superb condition; I intended for this to be MY car for many years to come. Unfortunately, that cannot happen now. I live far away from any Ferrari dealer, so any potential purchaser will have to accept the CPO certification ONE MONTH ago as evidence of a good PPI.

Asking $220,000 for everything. I am willing to listen to reasonable offers.
    I have about 50 photos of the car from Ferrari of FL; I include a few here for your viewing.

Thanks for looking,
    Pete

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    beautiful car. glws. sorry to hear about your misfortune

Battleweapons, VAF84 and crinoid like this.
  3. Vipmn1

Vipmn1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hal Pattalino
    severtecher likes this.
  4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    GLWS but I'm praying for you to find another gig ASAP and keep her!

Man if it were me I would try and sell the A7 first, keep the F12 and drive a cheaper daily (old truck?) in the mean time.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  5. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thank you all for your good wishes.

A few more details on the car: it has the suspension lifter. Yes to high powered hi-fi system. It also has the carbon fiber front spoiler. The windows are tinted all around, but with a relatively light tint so I didn’t even realize it until the car got to me. Having window tint is critical to preserving a fine leather interior in my mind.

Unfortunately I was not given the window sticker from the dealer. I tried to get it, and they said they did not have access to it.
    I do not know what the original MSRP was, but I would speculate somewhere around $385,000. That’s just a guess.

this was my third Ferrari, and I sold the previous two to fellow Fchatters.

RayJohns likes this.
  6. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Out of curiosity what do you do. Maybe I have a job in your field and can get things going so you don’t have to let it go.

7. Michael_s

Michael_s Rookie

Oct 20, 2013
    NNJ
    Absolute beauty... sorry to hear about the job loss and even though this is a very beautiful ferrari, which I'm sure you worked very hard to be in a position to even consider buying it, it's just a car and there will be more when the next door opens.... good luck!

8. Atxmarc

Atxmarc Karting

Jul 30, 2020
    Gorgeous, sorry about your job, glws

9. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    best spec f12 I've seen

10. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thank you brother. As I said I was looking for a couple of years, and when I saw this one I felt it was so handsome, so mature, so stylish, and totally in keeping with the intention of the car as a GT.

Someone was really smart in how they ordered this.

rampante550 likes this.
  11. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Very sorry to hear about your situation. Some well intended thoughts on being able to keep the car. These are short-term, stop-gap solutions to give you time to maneuver, realign your finances, keep the car, and don't have a fire sale and get taken advantge of by low-ballers.

Long term they could be rather expensive....so you have to asses in relation to your own, specific financial situation and tax position.

1. If you bought it outright, sell it to a leasing company and lease it back. There is a cost, but you get a big lump of cash and some low monthly payments. This will help your short term cash flows. Obviously, once you are in a better situation, you can buy it back for less. If not, you can still get rid of it later.
    (A) If extended warranty was purchased separately, you can cancel that and get $Xk back. This gives you some emergency money and you can always get the warranty later. Just don't drive the car. Also, be careful because some warranty contracts apply any refunds to the Car Loan Principal. This means zero $ in your pocket outright.

2. If you financed it, refinance it for a longer term to improve your short term cash flows. You will pay more interest, but again this is a short term thing to allow you time to think and not get ripped-off.

I've helped a few of my clients restructure in this pandemic.

iron-mike, VAF84, moorfan and 2 others like this.
  12. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thank you all for your wonderful advice. One data point for those in the future, Ferrari will not refund the cost of the extended warranty. At least according to the dealership they won’t. So it appears I’m going to have to eat that, which is fine.
    Just looking to sell in an uncomplicated fashion and provide the new owner with a wonderful vehicle that has two years warranty! :)

Texas Forever and Hawaii Brit like this.
  13. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    You are doing the right thing by selling it. 29 years of stock trading has taught me that "your first loss tends to be your best the best loss".

The longer u hang on (to a stock, commodity, car, CRAZY girlfriend, etc) and hope things turn will around the worse the situation tends to get.

Live to play another day. Protect your capital blah, blah, blah.

Another poster said it best, it's just a car. You'll get another one down the road .

Dude, you bought a Ferrari! So you clearly have been successful at something. And u will be again.

BTW, you never answered what career you are in? Curious as well

P.S. Life is weird and seems to be getting weirder by the day !!! :):):)

14. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Absolutely gorgeous car. A true gentleman’s Ferrari with a beast under the skin. Love everything about this car. Wishing you the best of luck with the sale and the days ahead.

15. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    I would read the contract myself and not take the word of the dealer.

moorfan likes this.
  16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    His profile says Physician. That's why I have faith that he'll get another gig, although transition might take a few months.

A bit of a tangent from the sale, but the day after I overnighted my purchase forms back to Ferrari of Atlanta three weeks ago, I got an MRI report on my neck (from the crash that totaled my 458). Said "Possible arachnoid cyst of the posterior fossa." Brain cyst, a day after dropping $200k+ on a car. FML. But I was asymptomatic so I was trying to stay calm. Had a follow up brain MRI last week on a 3T machine and was cleared, nothing at all found. (except an "unremarkable" brain). Must have been a dark spot on the edge of the image.

17. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ryan, I’m glad it seems to have turned out to be nothing. Trust me, having an “unremarkable” brain on MRI is a true gift.

I don’t have any reason to doubt what the dealership is telling me, but as I have yet to receive the warranty paperwork I will call FNA tomorrow to verify that they won’t refund it.

Hawkeye, Texas Forever and ryalex like this.
  18. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I both agree and disagree with you. When it comes to investments, then yes, get out once your losses reach your pre-defined limits.

However, the car is a depreciating asset. It is mass-produced and likely bought for enjoyment. Unless there is something very unique about it for the market, it is generally not an investment. It won't generate positive cash flows or materially appreciate to offset the negative cash flows.

So, the decision is really one about (A) maintaining liquidity (B) limiting losses

So, if the intent is to get a replacement car when "situation" improves then goal would be to maximize short-term liquidity while making the Sell-Buy decision based on what reduce total cost over a certain time horizon.

If there are sources of sufficient cash (job, inheritance, etc) in the near future and there is an intent to buy a replacement car, then whatever approach provides acceptable liquidity while minimizing total cost yields the appropriate decision.

19. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Withdrawn from the market.

severtecher, DaveMc, jimpo1 and 4 others like this.