458 - Stuck on Speedo Mode On Multi Function Display | FerrariChat

458 Stuck on Speedo Mode On Multi Function Display

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Waytootall, Aug 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Waytootall

Waytootall Rookie

Aug 15, 2020
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joseph Hartzell
    Just got a 2014 458 Spider last week and still learning how it works. Yesterday the screen on the right side of the tachometer magically switched into a large digital speedometer. Pressing the multi-function menu buttons and joystick have no impact on it. I can't get access to Navigation, Radio or Phone any more. I'm hoping I just bumped a button accidentally but can't figure out how to get back to the main menu. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I couldn't find anything on google and search here. But I admit I'm a newbie! Thanks in advance for any help!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Should be easy enough to fix. Press and Hold the Back/View button for a few seconds to toggle between speedometer and media. Tapping the button is "Back," holding the button is "View."

Waytootall likes this.
  3. Waytootall

Waytootall Rookie

Aug 15, 2020
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joseph Hartzell
  4. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    it's the same for all the buttons. The top word is a tap (main, menu, back), the second word is a press and hold (on/off, setup, view). In this case you are changing your View between the digital speedometer and the media page.

We will also need some pictures of the 458 to welcome you properly.

Rob

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Never knew this. Makes sense. I usually just fumble around until something desirable happens.

sampelligrino and Waytootall like this.
  6. Waytootall

Waytootall Rookie

Aug 15, 2020
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joseph Hartzell
    Thanks Rob! I'll try this immediately when I get the car back. The car is in the shop for a week as, unfortunately, the Novitec springs it came with just don't work for my steep driveway and the speed bumps in my neighborhood as well as in France. Learned this the hard way by driving directly to Monaco after picking up the car last Wednesday. It scraped on the windy roads of Monaco and parking structures dozens of times and then a couple dozen more times on the way home via France. So stock springs going back in this week and then technical inspection by Swiss government next week. Sad about the minor reduction in sexiness of the car, but excited that I will be able to keep the car in my garage at home and get her out on the road any time without paying for parking. On the way to Monaco on Italian highways, by the way, the lowered suspension posed no real issues with scraping and it provided a very radar-free environment with lots of tunnels where I could really enjoy the sound of that sweet engine!

Will post some photos from Monte Carlo in a separate thread :). Thanks again for the fast advice! Its great that I stumbled onto this valuable global community of 458 lovers :)

Joe

7. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    I’m having the opposite problem. I can navigate through the settings pretty well but can’t seem to figure out how to display the large digital speedometer. I can get to the speedometer gauge (analog look) but not the large numbers. I’m sure it’s obvious but I must be missing something.
    Otherwise really like the infotainment and controls for the 458 so far.

8. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    It is not very intuitive: left TFT screen / SETUP / Display setup / Display right / Digital Speed

Rob

9. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Leave it to the Italians to control the right TFT from the left one!! :eek:
    Thanks Rob!